Give your community event ideas!

edited November 22 in General Discussion
Hi all,

With Halrath starting his new position as AVA Product Manager, I think this would be an awesome time to collect some ideas for events you'd all be interested in. Consider this thread a place to post half-baked thoughts, brainstorm topics, or even complete event plans for those with very specific ideas.

I'll give you some guidelines. Please read them, then be free to let your imagination go crazy. We can figure out the details later.
  • Because the AVA client only has so many features, out-of-game ideas are greatly appreciated (meaning we organize and track the event either in the forums or on the AVA website). We collect game feature requests elsewhere so save those thoughts and try to plan within the limitations of the current game build.
  • If you do have an event idea that would require a game update or feature addition, describe how it would look and how it would be essential to holding the event you have in mind.
  • Don't worry too much about prizes unless it directly impacts the theme of the event idea. There are always new guns coming out, plus multiple currencies to distribute. The prize pool can come later.
  • Please consider other players when coming up with your idea. Who else will enjoy this event? Does it work well across multiple time zones? Is it both NA and EU friendly? Will it attract new players to participate?

That's it! Let's hear your ideas :)

If you're stuck and looking for some inspiration, here are a few things we've run in the past along with some fresh ideas that could use a little elaboration:
  • Themed screenshot contest.
  • Photoshop contest (some of them really ridiculous photoshops <3 )
  • Fan fiction contest! Write a story from the AVA battlefield, from the perspective of any character. What's the mission, what guns are available, and what are the odds of making it through alive?
  • Themed tournament: pistols only. Test your skill with a limited arsenal. Will include an NA bracket and EU bracket.
  • Mask design contest - like the gun design contest previously run. Contestants will submit original artwork that could become an actual mask in AVA with the help of the Redduck team.
  • Name that gun! A timed forum game where EME staff post pictures or descriptions of in-game weapons without the name. Consolation prizes awarded for correct guesses.

Comments

• Play x hours to get a timed (recently released) gun for 3/7 days, every single day of the week. Well appreciated in my opinion.
  • SirReeceoSirReeceo Member, Operative
    For Xmas - do a daily log in reward, design a branch off the website with a advent calendar - each day a player logs & plays an hour they'll open the slot and gain a item, log in every day from the 1st of December till the 31st and get a perm weapon (yeah perm).

Up the general Operative event rewards from 10k euros and 10 red to 20k euros + 20 red also with the possibility to get weapon or items granted.

Design the launcher event or even make a event for coders to actually put a free loot wheel on the launcher and let the players win something each day.

Appreciation threads - seen how they were in closers and know there's one guy who'd love a lil marleen thread....

Bring back hardcore events.
  • SilentSageSilentSage Member, Operative
    I really liked Master Modes in the past. Makes some lesser known gamemodes get played too.

I agree with Reece to up the OP event rewards.
  • NA Bracket thing given how limited the playerbase is on NA might be hard. Hopefully that will be fixed, but i'll start coming up with ideas for sure!!

><
    :]
  • 1. Hardcore Events: Play all month some misions like - Play 1week for everyday 30 min of anih
    - Next week 30 demo etc...
    and for the end of event like 200-400 rt

2. Selfie with military theme
    Reward: Participation - 10k 10 rt
    and for 3 winers first gun, secound pistol and last melee

3. Make a video with your friends in game making something funny
    Participation: 20k 20rt
    Winner: Melee of choice

4. Make a video of you when you play ava or a video of you making something like in game or cosplay will be nice ^^
    Rewards:Participation 30k 20 rt
    Best 3 winners: weapon of choice
  • QBlackCatQQBlackCatQ Member
    edited November 23
    With Christmas coming up, I know the perfect event. Letter to Santa mentioning the item / weapon you want to get permanently and why do you think you deserve it.. 1 entry per account ONLY. Letters must have minimum of 50 words.
    3 Best letters: Weapon / Item they asked for. [Permanent version]
    Participation: 5000 Euros + FN57 Milad (7 days)
    @The2009RKO
  • QBlackCatQ wrote: »
    With Christmas coming up, I know the perfect event. Letter to Santa mentioning the item / weapon you want to get permanently and why do you think you deserve it.. 1 entry per account ONLY. Letters must have minimum of 50 words.
    @The2009RKO

If i win that for a second time :o XD

><
  • I'd like to see the re-introduction of Battle Tank mode as well as Outpost Mode. These can be coupled with event rewards similar to how Aeria Games were doing, where you play a certain amount of time on a certain day (if you miss the day you miss the reward) and get rewarded for it. An 'AVA Calendar should be published so everyone can see what to play, as time passes.

><
  • The2009RKOThe2009RKO Member, Operative
    QBlackCatQ wrote: »
    @The2009RKO

Indeed, this event has been done through the last 2 / 3 years on A.V.A.'s forum but there are much more, hunt Xmas accounts, "Hood of Santa Claus"

100 combinations - 50 have rewards and 50 doesn't have anything:

dwwgtf.jpg

Design your Christmas card of 2017 was a pretty decent one aswell!

807Q3Mm.png

Just some ideas :P
  • What about looking at other versions of the game? The Japanese version has had some killer events in the past. In addition, I personally think compounding EXP rewards based on a given individual's playtime would be cool. It's hard to rank up in the game.
  • RmCODE wrote: »
    I'd like to see the re-introduction of Battle Tank mode as well as Outpost Mode. These can be coupled with event rewards similar to how Aeria Games were doing, where you play a certain amount of time on a certain day (if you miss the day you miss the reward) and get rewarded for it. An 'AVA Calendar should be published so everyone can see what to play, as time passes.

><

30minutes of playtime/map seems reasonable
  • Another one of those events where new players get a bunch of cool stuff for leveling up, would bring some people back, also hopefully new ones throw in some permanent weapons that can compete with the new stuff, and thats it
  • Something for the 1 year anniversary of EME takeover of AVA (which has passed for ages btw)
  • 12Three wrote: »
    Another one of those events where new players get a bunch of cool stuff for leveling up, would bring some people back, also hopefully new ones throw in some permanent weapons that can compete with the new stuff, and thats it

Yeah the level up rewards are an atrocious display of effort Vs reward, per level.

><
  • a map contest event, to make a community map, we would need a base program of enmasse-redduck choice and go nuts :v