New Armor

Why does this [filtered] exist? SA16 LC is broken. Either buff weapon damage or penetration or remove it. All my 130 damage snipers tag to the chest about 80% of the time. The only sniper that doesnt tag is the m19(broken btw) at 126 damage and 68 Pen. Ive been playing for years and how damage is calculated for snipers still doesnt make any [filtered] sense.

Comments

• RmCODERmCODE Member
    lKinGlAVA wrote: »
    Why does this [filtered] exist? SA16 LC is broken. Either buff weapon damage or penetration or remove it. All my 130 damage snipers tag to the chest about 80% of the time. The only sniper that doesnt tag is the m19(broken btw) at 126 damage and 68 Pen. Ive been playing for years and how damage is calculated for snipers still doesnt make any [filtered] sense.

M19 tanks when you hit the new armour. Please refer to the changed top 5 Sniper list here (from my KAVA Thread- Page 16)

SNIPER:
    1. FR-F2 Legend
    2. PGM338 (HOT)
    3. R93 Dr.Steam
    4. M40A5 Last Team Standing
    5. M24S Medal Of Valour

M19 Used to be in the Top 5.

Also wearing SH-16 LC/SH17 makes you much more vulnerable to F1/F2s.

><
    :]
  • iPacifistiPacifist Member
    edited March 18
    lKinGlAVA wrote: »

I m not here to defend s16-LC but to straighten up some of what you say...

S16-LC chest piece is useless.. I tested it with a clanmate at Cannon mid from wall to wall mosin , 5 shots all kills...
    Considering mosin has 125dmg 68AP then i guess ALL high dmg snipers have no issues getting the kill.. Including k14 that has 130dmg... I'm not sure about m40 since that has relatively low range... But close range pretty much no sniper tanks chest shot...

S16-LC joint protector -> IS what you are allowed to complain about... It tanks ANY sniper at ANY range , even face to face except for new L96a1 , FrF2 legend and new PGM...

I'm still surprised people use that s16-LC armor vest... It doesn't help against snipers and dies against F2 like Iyan s09...
    RmCODE wrote: »
    Also wearing SH-16 LC/SH17 makes you much more vulnerable to F1/F2s.

This is true as well... 1 rifle shot gets you to around 50Armor and 2nd shot takes you to 0 armor ... What this means in combat is you end up dying in pretty much 1 fewer bullet ... Sometimes that makes a difference , sometimes not...
  • i bought K-14 yesterday it didnt tank at all i was going crazy with it, now today with all these server issues K-14 this aint a lie did 10 hits all got tanked

chest arms legs whatever only thing to 1shot seems head and thats a BIH for snipers ;)
  • Can you guys stop and get your facts straight?

Remember how rarely m1903a1 tanked arm shots on s16 regular?
    That's how rare it is to tank chest shot on Large Caliber S16... In that regard , i will call the chest piece U.S.E.L.E.S.S. , junk, trash... Don't fking use it ... Redduck is stupid , don't take their word for using an overpriced iyan s09 piece...

The only thing that's useful (but still stupid) is the new s16 armor Joint protectors , that covers arms and legs...
    Armshots now tank up to like ~135-ish dmg of typical 70Armor Piercing snipers . Snipers that qualify to beat it are new euro PGM 137dmg and new l96a1 136 dmg... They rarely tank , especially PGM... As good as the new pgm is FrF2 legend because it has 97 Armor Piercing which means it pretty much doesn't care what armor it's hitting... Among these three snipers all have positives and negatives ... I think new PGM is best , then frf2 then l96... For different reasons...
    Anyother sniper , can and will tank more often than not even face to face, 1meter , arm shots...

Leg shots ALWAYS tanked whatever your armor ... Even naked i believe...

TO SUM UP.. IF SOMEBODY TANKED YOUR SHOT ON CHEST OR HEADSHOT then it was 100% wallbang shot... stop QQ for the wrong things...
  • RmCODERmCODE Member
    Again if you want to be informed, look at the SH-17 Guide i made. Try not to overcomplicate the situation too much people!

https://forums.enmasse.com/ava/discussion/6295/quick-guide-on-sh-17#latest

><
    :]