Launcher error code C0014

I am getting a new error on the launcher. I've seen others with a Cxxxx error and most of them waited it out and it fixed itself. What kind of error is this?

Comments

• tyonstyons Member

Hello, i got the same error code, you got response on it?
  • tyons wrote: »

i got the error just yesterday. repair your ava from the launcher. It fixed mine that way.
  • MeriuMeriu Member
    edited April 20
    KittyKats wrote: »
    tyons wrote: »

i got the error just yesterday. repair your ava from the launcher. It fixed mine that way.

I figured I might have been missing something so I did the repair through steam, i'll try again with the enmasse launcher.

EDIT: The enmasse launcher repair went through and hasn't fixed the issue.

EDIT: Reinstalling it didn't fix it either. I'm going to make a ticket and see how far that gets me.
  • Meriu wrote: »
    KittyKats wrote: »
    tyons wrote: »

I figured I might have been missing something so I did the repair through steam, i'll try again with the enmasse launcher.

EDIT: The enmasse launcher repair went through and hasn't fixed the issue.

EDIT: Reinstalling it didn't fix it either. I'm going to make a ticket and see how far that gets me.

yea im unsure about that then. i got the error right after my game crashed when i was in a match, repairing it just fixed my game for me.
  • RmCODERmCODE Member
    Have you tried turning both Windows Firewall as well as any anti-viruses completely off? Here's some other things to try:

- Run the launcher as Admin (look at the screenshot below)
    - Restart your router (This problem is due to connection problems that originate from your side, in an attempt to connect to the servers.
    - Try changing your DNS to Google's DNS:. A guide can be found below:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.

-If you are running Windows Defender, make sure you add an exception for your AVA game folder

Hope this helps

><
    :]

40gp0ewanrah.png

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff
    Everyone who's experiencing this, are you running through Steam or the native launcher form our site?
  • Nati
    Smoreceror wrote: »
    Everyone who's experiencing this, are you running through Steam or the native launcher form our site?

Im on native launcher also same issue on steam version.
  • PegePege Member
    happens only via EME launcher, fix it please, cant play on my alt acc via steam....
  • BelzeboBelzebo Member
    Here just via Steam... EME launcher is okay.

Fix it, i usually only play via steam and don't remember my settings and sensi o_O
  • MeriuMeriu Member
    RmCODE wrote: »
    Have you tried turning both Windows Firewall as well as any anti-viruses completely off? Here's some other things to try:

- Restart your router (This problem is due to connection problems that originate from your side, in an attempt to connect to the servers.

-If you are running Windows Defender, make sure you add an exception for your AVA game folder

Hope this helps

><

40gp0ewanrah.png

Thanks for the tips. Ran it as admin and restarted the router, neither helped. I haven't tried changing the dns. I skipped the launcher and went straight to opening ava and it loops at connecting to servers.
  • RmCODERmCODE Member
    Meriu wrote: »
    RmCODE wrote: »

Hope this helps

><

40gp0ewanrah.png

Thanks for the tips. Ran it as admin and restarted the router, neither helped. I haven't tried changing the dns. I skipped the launcher and went straight to opening ava and it loops at connecting to servers.

haha that's the whole point of the launcher, to estalish that connection. i advise you start changing the DNS as it has solved that issue for other people.

><
    Alright guys, I have a few things to try that might help.

For those of you experiencing the issue still, can you let me know what happens when you run the AVA executable file directly? It should show the AVA splash screen, the Xigncode window, and a "connecting" message. Knowing where you see the error in that process will help a lot in troubleshooting. The executable file is usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AVA\ava\Binaries for the steam launcher, and C:\Users\Public\Games\En Masse Entertainment\Launcher\ava\Binaries for the native launcher.

Once you try that, can you also run a diagnostic through your launcher (located in the drop-down box in the upper-left corner of the launcher), and send the file to me via forum PM?

Thanks so much, everyone! With your help, we can hopefully get this error corrected.
  • SirReeceoSirReeceo Member, Operative
    Just to add onto what smore said:

I've had this problem shortly after setting up my computer with new parts, and it had turned out I had turned something off in MStartup, you might want to look in there also to check if any microsoft services that have been disabled.
  • PegePege Member
    edited April 25
    Smore my man... it doesent even launch... thats the problem...
    Pege wrote: »
    Smore my man... it doesent even launch... thats the problem...

So the launcher doesn't appear at all, and the C0014 error message pops up?
This discussion has been closed.