Intros. I am so awkward, but here it goes!

Hello everyone!

I am here to help you out in any way I can. I am not a dedicated Community Manager, but I am helping out in Community! You may see me around a bit!

Yesterday I asked why I was chosen for to be your support gal for AVA, because I honestly don't play shooters at all. (I am so bad.. Perhaps, will tell you all the story at another time.) I was told because even though it wasn't the game I was working on, I was still watching and being the voice for the players behind the scenes. It made sense.
Given this new role, I started pacing. I pace like a caged animal when I am vexed.
Thinking like a support person I came up with a few ideas on the back end that will help us help you. It was a start. Yay working on better tools!

When I spoke to Halrath, I didn't wait for a meeting. I walked over and slapped the desk "HI!LETSGETTHISSTARTED! IHAVESOMEIDEASLETSTALK".
I can only imagine how off-putting that can be, but we talked. We hashed out what we were looking for in each other's help and found we were on the same page. It was a lot of starting his sentence and him finishing, and me saying "Exactly!" (Vice/Versa).
I am excited to be able to help start more forward momentum!

If you need to talk, I am often stalking the Discord you can find here: https://forums.enmasse.com/ava/discussion/316/ava-discord-server/p1
You don't have to add me as a friend to talk to me, I want to be open for you. I am pretty honest, and I believe in as much transparency as I can. So if I don't know something, I will tell you. Or if I can't say why because of another reason, I will tell you that too.
Currently, I am learning to work with the AvaOps, and they have been so helpful! I am very excited to help in any way that I can and talk to you all!

Thank you!

GM Discodolly

Comments

• HalrathHalrath Member, Administrator, EME Staff
    I, for one, am elated to have you with us, Discodolly. AVA is more than a one-person show and I'm glad you'll be working with us. Thanks very much!
  • SirReeceoSirReeceo Member, Operative
    edited February 2
    Let me just pin this for now!

But welcome to outside of things, hope you enjoy the stay!

Edit: someone might have beat me to the announcing part...
  • ShineSpritesShineSprites Member, Operative
    Ayyy Welcome !! glad to have you here, Disco!

• Welcome Discodolly!

Sneaking this in here: I know it seems like sometimes we're not doing anything about hackers, but please know that we're banning accounts almost every day. I'm planning on working more closely with the Operatives going forward, which will hopefully aid in cleaning things up a bit.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest in A.V.A :)
  • first of all it is quite nice to see another member of the staff, because one may be none, kind of thing.. not looking down on halrath but it is just not a work for one to manage.
    and well lets hope both of you as heads get along with the ops and everyone hate each other a little less... i mean to everyone get along .3. ... and the servers goes up,

ill try to keep doing reports on the hack thing when i see bitshes.. even though it encourages me quite the little to keep doing so
  • Burble wrote: »
    Welcome Discodolly!

Sneaking this in here: I know it seems like sometimes we're not doing anything about hackers, but please know that we're banning accounts almost every day. I'm planning on working more closely with the Operatives going forward, which will hopefully aid in cleaning things up a bit.

Thanks everyone for your continued interest in A.V.A :)

Welcome to AVA :smile:

It's not that you don't ban cheaters at all we have issues with ... But you certainly don't ban some of the more well known ones... When some cheaters have reached beyond major rank WHILE being very blatant cheaters, then that doesn't send a good message... Forgive us for not having faith , but EME has already stated they don't have the manpower and we know xigncode is outright useless in our version... I sincerely hope that new replay thingie comes soon enough and works well enough...

p.s. What happens with servers at times , once yesterday night (eu time) the server had a message " Cheating tools are possibly in action" or something and later on the same game i believe, we all ended up having huge pings... And trust in anticheat we do not , so i guess that was just a big hiccup in the servers? They seem to happen often enough to be remembered...
  • SilentSageSilentSage Member, Operative
    Uh-oh, what am I hearing? New sound of some ban hammers?!

Welcome to the team!
  • Haha this was an entertaining post. Glad to have you on board. Hope your enthusiasm can help out the game.

@Burble the concern is that even some of the OPs tell us that enmasse only relies on xigncode3 and if xigncode3 doesnt detect the hackers dont get banned. There are famous well known high level hackers out there that are completely blatant to the point where they've been reported very often and they're still running around every time I log in. They have paid hacks and xigncode3 doesnt detect them.
  • " I pace like a caged animal when I am vexed."

xD
  • Apparently , there has been a banwave already? It was about time , forgive my ramblings, they were relevant only up to yesterday... :sweat_smile:

:+1: Welcome aboard ...
  • ShineSpritesShineSprites Member, Operative
    iPacifist wrote: »
    Apparently , there has been a banwave already? It was about time , forgive my ramblings, they were relevant only up to yesterday... :sweat_smile:

:+1: Welcome aboard ...

:) :) :) :)
  • DiscoDollyDiscoDolly Member, EME Staff
    " I pace like a caged animal when I am vexed."

xD

True story.
  • Hello i hope u can make this game great again ;)
  • MythSkyMythSky Member, Operative
    Haha this was an entertaining post. Glad to have you on board. Hope your enthusiasm can help out the game.

@Burble the concern is that even some of the OPs tell us that enmasse only relies on xigncode3 and if xigncode3 doesnt detect the hackers dont get banned. There are famous well known high level hackers out there that are completely blatant to the point where they've been reported very often and they're still running around every time I log in. They have paid hacks and xigncode3 doesnt detect them.

Burble seems to be one of the few (if not only) who can tell the difference between a legit player and a cheater. I must admit, it is not on the level yet as GM Larek, Adan and others were able to do, but with him now helping the OP team out it should create a prospect with a cleaner arena channel.
  • MythSky wrote: »
    Haha this was an entertaining post. Glad to have you on board. Hope your enthusiasm can help out the game.

Burble seems to be one of the few (if not only) who can tell the difference between a legit player and a cheater. I must admit, it is not on the level yet as GM Larek, Adan and others were able to do, but with him now helping the OP team out it should create a prospect with a cleaner arena channel.

Good to hear!