So can we talk about how Bai is officially the most overpowered Closer Story-wise>? (spoilers)

Didn't realize we were entering Dio territory...

Comments

• a1gundama1gundam Member
    edited April 27

But is she really? Playing as her I get nothing less than +9 or +10 drops. That didn't happen playing through the story with everyone else. I was lucky if a +6 anything dropped.

• @a1gundam said:
    But is she really? Playing as her I get nothing less than +9 or +10 drops. That didn't happen playing through the story with everyone else. I was lucky if a +6 anything dropped.

they revamped the drops for most areas to include higher enhanced equipment like how puri now has +10-13s.

• Yea I know. We didn't have good gear drops like that before so that's why I'm questioning if Bai is really op story-wise or does it seem like it because of the better gear.

• RieidRieid Member

What do you mean "story-wise"? I ask 'cause that could be taken as:
    "She is really OP while killing things in story mode compared to other characters"
    But that would be more her being the most OP pve character in general.

Or maybe you mean like actually really OP in the lore of closers Universe.
    If that is what you mean, I don't think so. The more OP closers so far would be Jisu and Trainer maybe (even tho he is not a closer)
    At some point it is even stated in the story that Soma and Luna (probably Seth too since she also one of the childrens) are technically stronger than the teachers (wolf and Bai) but that the teachers are more hard to deal with due their triky powers.
    I think this is said at some point while playing the last content release as a wolfdog character.

• JinyoJinyo Member

If we go by the lore yuri seo is the most talented phase user but to stupid to be ever able to use it and seha is a walking "nuke"

• Im going by Lore Wise.

• by the looks of it...a lot of the characters are really strong...Seha's mother is "the strongest closer ever" basically and he's inherited some of her skill/phase force...so if he wasnt so into vidja gaems he'd be quite the prodigy...Wolfgang just continues to get stronger by absorbing the evil spirits of dimensional monsters into his book, Bai seems to have a strong dimensional monster within her sword (only level 50ish so i dont know all the details) but strong enough that Dust respects it. I don't know much about the other wildhuter characters.

Like others said Trainer seems to be a pretty tough phase user(?) and of course Seha's mother Jisu Seo. If bai is the "strongest" then it's probably only due to her weapon and not the phase force/general skill of the character herself

• RieidRieid Member

Lore Wise then: If you mean compared to all the playeable character from the 3 teams I would say not sure, I mean I have not finished her story (Just finished han school atm) so if something happens by the end, she could be. But keep in mind that the other 2 teams have characters like Levia and Mistel which can be really OP when they go nuts. To be fair tho, Levia is not even human, so I guess she doesn't count.
    If I could guess, I would say that she is pretty much like wolfgang, but with less real battle experience, but maybe more dangerous due her being a trained assasin. Looking at both type of users, again is hard to tell, specially considering that Wolfgang is some sort of demonic book user, and who knows how many other demons are sealed inside that book aside the ones we know so far.

But compared to all closers or human phase users in the game's Universe, I doubt it. Remember that just like with all other wildhuters, she gets pretty much owned by Jisu black at first and Jisu Black is just a clone from the original Jisu, therefore much weaker than her, Also just like the other wildhuters, she is pretty much being toyed by Ash and Dust all the time. Where the real Jisu can Actually kill them with not much effort from what I understand.

• it comes down to this: Bai is still relatively inexperienced...if she could unleash the full power of her sword she would probably be quite powerful but at the current state..she's on a level that probably matches or surpasses most Closers that can content with A and S rank dimensional monsters but not by a whole hell of a lot especialy because like Rieid above me said, Jisu Seo essentially still holds the title of the strongest closer...maybe once she reaches Jisu's age but who knows..we'll just have to see where the story takes us

• its not just her sword though, i wont go into it for spoiler reasons, but someone figures out what Bai's Phase force powers are and its just feels like it be game breaking if she were to ever figure out how to fully use it,The sword itself is its own entity and is just a offset of what Bai's True power is.

• RieidRieid Member

@SleepyMaribo said:
    its not just her sword though, i wont go into it for spoiler reasons, but someone figures out what Bai's Phase force powers are and its just feels like it be game breaking if she were to ever figure out how to fully use it,The sword itself is its own entity and is just a offset of what Bai's True power is.

Not sure what you mean since i haven't finished her story, if you know something that I don't, then maybe you are correct.

But could it be what you are talking about related to:

Her past and how she pretty much steal the power from her sister. I mean looking at your post that was the first thing that came to my mind, that maybe she have some sort of ability steal power. At least from what I see in her story so far made me think at first that actually the Pole dude (sword dimensional) ditched her sister and gave its power to Bai for some reason instead, but I could be wrong.

Now if we compare the abilities that all existent playeable closers display, I would dare to say that in a situation in which the character was able to master his/her powers to the full potential, in my personal opinion the most OP and scary character would actually be Wolfgang, and the reason is:

Considering that he have a book that can absorb Dimensionals and use them in battle. All that he would need to do is defeat and absorb a few strong dimensionals. Once he managed to get enough powerful monsters, he could just aim to conquer high rank legion leads like Dust, Azazel and all the others in the Legion, the more high rank legion officer he have, the easier it would be for him to gank the remaining ones till he end up enslaving them all. Heck with a power like that he could technically even enslave the Lord of the Pole which from I can guess is a high ranking dimensional for the way in which Ash/Dust talk about it. Now of course this is just speculation and maybe his book have a limit. Also he still would have a weak point which is wolfgang himself since he is still human. After all if someone like bai as example was able to bypass his defence, she could just kill him with her sword before he was able to summon any demon, this of course unless he had some sort pasive shield protecting him.

• @Rieid said:

@SleepyMaribo said:
    its not just her sword though, i wont go into it for spoiler reasons, but someone figures out what Bai's Phase force powers are and its just feels like it be game breaking if she were to ever figure out how to fully use it,The sword itself is its own entity and is just a offset of what Bai's True power is.

Not sure what you mean since i haven't finished her story, if you know something that I don't, then maybe you are correct.

But could it be what you are talking about related to:

Her past and how she pretty much steal the power from her sister. I mean looking at your post that was the first thing that came to my mind, that maybe she have some sort of ability steal power. At least from what I see in her story so far made me think at first that actually the Pole dude (sword dimensional) ditched her sister and gave its power to Bai for some reason instead, but I could be wrong.

Now if we compare the abilities that all existent playeable closers display, I would dare to say that in a situation in which the character was able to master his/her powers to the full potential, in my personal opinion the most OP and scary character would actually be Wolfgang, and the reason is:

Considering that he have a book that can absorb Dimensionals and use them in battle. All that he would need to do is defeat and absorb a few strong dimensionals. Once he managed to get enough powerful monsters, he could just aim to conquer high rank legion leads like Dust, Azazel and all the others in the Legion, the more high rank legion officer he have, the easier it would be for him to gank the remaining ones till he end up enslaving them all. Heck with a power like that he could technically even enslave the Lord of the Pole which from I can guess is a high ranking dimensional for the way in which Ash/Dust talk about it. Now of course this is just speculation and maybe his book have a limit. Also he still would have a weak point which is wolfgang himself since he is still human. After all if someone like bai as example was able to bypass his defence, she could just kill him with her sword before he was able to summon any demon, this of course unless he had some sort pasive shield protecting him.

the game does a really good job in making you think Bai stole Sue's power, only thing stolen was the sword. Im referring to Bai's own special Phase force ability. an Ability she didnt even know she had until someone told her about it.

• MuryokuMuryoku Member
    edited April 28

In terms of playable closers and going by KR lore, WG would probably be the highest ranking due to his experience and what he can do, keeping up with Trainer and almost winning. Seha has the most potential but he still needs to experience more and take things seriously (Though he starts taking things seriously later)

Bai's special ability is neat and all and while it does make her "overpowered" she doesn't have much experience with it at all so it's not comparable, despite that she's still considered an S rank closer. All of WH team is considered S or higher. EDIT: Soma and Luna (Seth too) were all made to be S rank closers but again comes inexperience.

• RieidRieid Member

Gonna try to finish what is left from her story without skiping any quest text in order to know what ability you guys are talking about. Just one question: Is this OP power revealed early, mid or late in her story?
    I ask this 'cause maybe didnt pay atention to some of the green side quests in her story. Im currently starting Gangnam Evac Center: ACT 5 Chapt 2.

• wpjwpj Member

late

• @Rieid said:
    Gonna try to finish what is left from her story without skiping any quest text in order to know what ability you guys are talking about. Just one question: Is this OP power revealed early, mid or late in her story?
    I ask this 'cause maybe didnt pay atention to some of the green side quests in her story. Im currently starting Gangnam Evac Center: ACT 5 Chapt 2.

It's brought up near the end.

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators

We haven't entered Dio territory yet. Bai is only D'Arby territory. :p

• RieidRieid Member
    edited April 29

Now I know what you are talking about, her ability is indeed very OP.

Still I would dare to say the problem is that we don't know if there is a limit to it. I mean is pretty much the same with Wolfgang. If his book have a limit he will be still OP but not invincible, but if the limit is just his experience with it, then the guy is pretty much like a god.
    Same can be said about Bai: regardless of her eventually mastering that power. At what scale can she use it? We already know that she can doit at more than one target at time, but still don't know if there is a limit to it. There is also the same thing that I mention before on other post about Wolfgang, and that is the fact that closers are humans. This mean that they can still be ninjaed and killed by someone/something that would be stronger and faster than what a human body can resist and a brain can react to. Of course in the case of Bai, it would be way harder to do due the nature of her power. Still if someone can reach her even before she is able to activate, then she is not in a god level (same as wolf's case)

• salubri84salubri84 Member

can someone fill me in whats her power? im not interested in bai per se so i skipp all the dialogs but all this talk is making me curios about her power

• LiedralLiedral Member
    edited May 30

Stole Sue's sword? Not too sure about that.

Sword is revealed to be an sentient fragment of an ancient dimensional king who simply chose to go with Bai(She can't even throw it away). In the video it's revealed that Bai only picked up the blade out of curiosity, and then the blade abandoned Sue and froze her into a chunk of ice, so stealing, feels like it's only Bai's guilt talking. As for Bai's power, manipulation of time. She turns back time for Jisu Black and has held Sue in a time freezing barrier since the moment she was frozen.

• RieidRieid Member

@salubri84 said:
    can someone fill me in whats her power? im not interested in bai per se so i skipp all the dialogs but all this talk is making me curios about her power

The sword is actually not her power.

She can stop time

• salubri84salubri84 Member

oh ok, ty for the info

• @salubri84 said:

Time force and Ice powers.... that create stuff