We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 @ 10pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance

Opinions on state of game

Personally i'm losing interest to play the game...I have no vendetta against EME they are a fantastic company in some of the actions they have done.However,i do have qualms on how they have handled the community in a couple of ways.First of which is previous contest,which understandable If they want to make hype,or create a sense of mystery on the winners but it did not come off as right to me.Second, the game itself serves just as a time waster at least in the grind.I don't blame EME I blame the people behind closers (naddic) in creation of characters because lets be honest 75% of the cast are below the age of 18.But it sells apparently. Finally,the game just overall starts to feel not so different from elsword in terms of gacha BUT a perk is the Black Market which is a nice touch.However it's a grind but i'd rather pick grind than use actual money.Disclaimer;I am not hating on the game I just wish it could have been better.I don't blame eme i'm just kind of frustrated at the way the game feels and of the events surrounding contests.((also the currency exchange of EMP like really?!))

Comments

• YenraYenra Member

Oh I forgot to mention transcendance......WHY?Why make us be so frustrated at the r&g of the transcendance for our gear >:o rggghhhhh!!grits teeth

• NegumikoNegumiko Member
    edited May 8

well Closers should be fine until at least Seth's release in August, new characters are always interesting. I am more worried about what will happen to the Closers player population after that as I don't think a few events and new TF promotions will be enough to keep players interested. Closers needs more ways to play and enjoy the game other then just combat and really good story, things like a music system and fishing.

Music: a bard system like Mabinogi, Maplestory 2, and ArcheAge has. this would allow players to compose songs and play them in Hubs in Closers to pass time during events that require us to stay logged in to claim rewards.

Fishing: there are a ton of different and weird dimensional monsters that we encounter even in our dreams. it would be awesome to see a new hub that allows players to fight fish type dimensional monsters underwater. stages could have time limits and movement speed could be slower to make it more difficult. plus there could be a option to just fish in the Hub to catch the smaller dimensional sea creatures.

constant combat just gets boring after a while. these are the kinds of features I would like to see in Closers one day so I could enjoy the game in other ways instead of just a endless grind of monster killing.

• VagathVagath Member
    edited May 8

If you have been playing for a long time, right now it is really boring. This is worse if you know what content has not been added yet.It is been months without any meaningful progression to my character, WG raid is fun but the trinkets are laughable, sure i got them and transcended them ,but the stat gain is so marginal it is hardly noticeable. The events don't give anything worthwhile. Bai is fun and all but for me it is just Teambuff fodder.

The only thing left for me to do is to repeat everything all over again on multiple characters. I don't mind this, however i know eventually there is a lot of catch up added to the game and i have no motivition to do it before that. Right now, i am just waiting for Hoffman and future content to be added. :(

• a9Tailsa9Tails Member

@Vagath said:
    If you have been playing for a long time, right now it is really boring. This is worse if you know what content has not been added yet.It is been months without any meaningful progression to my character, WG raid is fun but the trinkets are laughable, sure i got them and transcended them ,but the stat gain is so marginal it is hardly noticeable. The events don't give anything worthwhile. Bai is fun and all but for me it is just Teambuff fodder.

The only thing left for me to do is to repeat everything all over again on multiple characters. I don't mind this, however i know eventually there is a lot of catch up added to the game and i have no motivition to do it before that. Right now, i am just waiting for Hoffman and future content to be added. :(

best state of the game was definitely the early months of the game, when devs would actually listen to the community