Enhancing prices

Currently the price to enhance something from +10 is around 500k, sure that doesn’t sound like too much but that means you’re spending 1mill every 2 attempts when trying for higher enhancements. Unless you’re super lucky it takes quite a few tries to get a +13 or higher, I’ve blown over 200mill the past few weeks from just enhancing attempts. So what’s the deal is this the enhancing price in KR or was it raised just for us? The new prices make it really demotivating to continue enhancing, it already takes a lot of resources to enhance why does it have to be expensive now too? If this is how it is in KR then okay I can understand just following the original server but if it’s really from what i heard World “inflation” I don’t agree with it and I think the prices should be reverted back.

Comments

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators
    edited May 17

yes enhancing price also got adjust in Korean as well . Closers remove the "dioxin cleaner" out of the enhance fail ( aka items won't be contaminated anymore) and the enhancing price also adjust because of that and it also work as "gold sink" .

• TarasikTarasik Member

@Rukia said:
    yes enhancing price also got adjust in Korean as well . Closers remove the "dioxin cleaner" out of the enhance fail ( aka items won't be contaminated anymore) and the enhancing price also adjust because of that and it also work as "gold sink" .

From my fairly limited experience on enhancing post change, it feels as though the rates that would previously cause contamination now cause -1 instead. From a programming perspective, pseudo code to enhance from +10 might look something like this (made-up rates, to illustrate a point):

Roll random number between 1-100
    If roll greater than 99 then enhance gear +3
    else if roll greater than 96 then enhance gear +2
    else if roll greater than 90 then enhance gear +1
    else if roll greater than 70 then reset
    else if roll greater than 40 then no change
    else if roll greater than 20 then contaminate
    else -1

And in this case, if you delete the contaminate line, then you increase the chance of -1 whilst not affecting other rates at all. (In the above example, after deleting contaminate line, rates change from 1:3:6:20:30:20:20 to 1:3:6:20:30:40). On the other hand, with more complexity, it is possible to set it up such that with the deletion of the contamination, relative rates stay the same. (If relative rates are to stay the same after the contamination removal, then relative rates using above example become 1:3:6:20:30:20)

@Rukia Are you able to confirm whether relative rates of all other outcomes stayed the same? Or whether this just increased the relative rates of one of the failure options (the more likely outcome if they took the easy way out).

• YonggYongg Member

It has been stated by naddic that the chances to contaminate were added onto "no change"

• TarasikTarasik Member

ok that makes sense since contaminate was a fairly neutral result. Thanks for the info

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators

Yes it's confirmed what Yong said. it's combine into "no change"