Stuck at Game Start screen

So I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I can not get passed the Game Start screen. It says server not found so I checked to see if there was any maintenance I didn't know about and couldn't find anything. I was just wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue.

Comments

• 2BZ4UQT2BZ4UQT Member

same here. says "unable to find server"

• JadedEyesJadedEyes Member

@2BZ4UQT said:
    same here. says "unable to find server"

I've tried it on another PC and I was able to log in, so I tried reinstalling the game and still no dice. Very weird

• 2BZ4UQT2BZ4UQT Member

i just made it back in game. by changing my entry channel a notepad on the game file

• JadedEyesJadedEyes Member

@2BZ4UQT said:
    i just made it back in game. by changing my entry channel a notepad on the game file

how'd you do that?

• EleiraEleira Member

@JadedEyes said:

@2BZ4UQT said:

how'd you do that?

In your closers folder, there is a file called "ACHIEVEMENT.ini". Open that with notepad and change the line
    with "CHANNEL_ID" to the channel you were in when you tried to change the channel.
    If you have more than one entry, change the one with the channel number you were trying to change to.

After you've logged in, don't change to a channel from a different page until this is fixed.

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council
    edited June 8

It's been reported to EME as of yesterday, alongside another queue bug for both PvP and PvE. No ETA's on a fix however. In the meantime I suggest doing a temporary fix that an user found and that Eleira posted above. It's been working for quite a few players.

• MistrileMistrile Member, Player Council

What's weird for me is that I can't seem to find the "ACHIEVEMENT.ini". It should be in the directory with "OPTION.ini" right?.
    I've also tried a windows search for it in the folder with no results.
    I thought the achievements file might have been a Steam only thing so I downloaded the game on Steam too but it's not there either.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.

• EleiraEleira Member
    edited June 11

@Mistrile said:
    What's weird for me is that I can't seem to find the "ACHIEVEMENT.ini". It should be in the directory with "OPTION.ini" right?.
    I've also tried a windows search for it in the folder with no results.
    I thought the achievements file might have been a Steam only thing so I downloaded the game on Steam too but it's not there either.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.

There shouldn't be a "OPTION.ini" inside the Closers directory at all.
    Only a "GAME_OPTION.lua".

The "ACHIEVEMENT.ini" is in the same folder as the "CW.exe" and all the "DAT" folders.
    Here is a screenshot from my steam games installation.

edited June 11

When I look at my folder, it has "GAME_OPTION.lua", but it also has "OPTION.ini". I've compared what I see in my folder to your screenshot and the only differences I see are that there is no "ACHIEVEMENT.ini" nor "EVENT.ini" but there is an "OPTION.ini". In "OPTION.ini" the only line I can change is whether I want fullscreen on or off on game startup.

I'd love to post a screenshot of my folder but these are my first posts so I have no idea how to attach an image.

• @Mistrile Try creating the ACHIEVEMENT.ini file itself. Then paste the two lines below. Then save.

[qyza}c]
    CHANNEL_ID=5

See if it works.

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member
    edited June 13

He/She cant create the achievement.ini file by themselves. there's a different code ( for example what u sent "[qyza}c]" ) for every account. unless they at least have the code from their account, using ur code with a channel id wont work.

edited June 16

So I tried creating an ACHIEVEMENT.ini with those lines anyway and it didn't work as expected.
    I've also tried searching for any Closers related file on every drive and seeing if I can open it up on notepad but found nothing.
    I don't suppose there's a way to find the code on my account? Although honestly I'm not even sure if having an ACHIEVEMENT.ini would work anyway.

• Truegrave84Truegrave84 Member, Player Council

worked for me thanks for sharing!

• Mistrile. Lots of people got the unable to find the server and for almost everyone achievement.ini fixed it. thats because u'll go back to the channel u were before u triggered the bug. but without your code you cant really make it work :/ and en masse doesnt seem to give the code even if you send a ticket.im not sure if its for privacy reasons or if its because they dont know the codes either.

edited June 17

I see, I do not know why I do not have the ACHIEVEMENT.ini file in the first place but unfortunately either way, that means that I will need to wait until En Masse finds out the cause of the bug and is able to fix it before I am able to play the game again.
    Thanks anyway for the help.

edited June 18

Sorry for the double post but I've confirmed that today's patch appears to have fixed the server connection issue for me (scared to try switching servers again so I'm not sure if it's temporary but I doubt it).
    So I hope this means the issue is resolved for everyone.