We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

How do you Keyboard?

I decided to play again and try to work my way through Season 2 with Seha (I have yet to get single character to endgame...) and am having problems with controls, not that this is a new thing.

Most of the time, I play with my fingers on ZXC which is fine for whenever I'm playing Soma, Bai, or Sylvi, but when it comes to him, Nata, Yuri, and Violet, it's difficult when I want to get to my QWER or even 123 keys. Tried doing it the way I did in League with ASD being in the middle and that was awkward, ASDF had me misclicking a lot.

How do you all have your fingers set up? Should I be using Numpad?

Comments

• Your fingers should be over QWER as that is the middle of the the important rows of keys as it would make going from ASDFG to QWERT and 123456 easier for you. You do not position your fingers over ZXC for most characters except violet as you only use X to get into the air once and the occasional V. Additionally, you can assigned you most used/ spammable skills to keys that your fingers are usually positioned over so that you dont need to have your fingers dancing across the keyboard all the time. Next, you can assign skills to be near each other keyboard wise so that its easier. For example, Seha use burst and EX shot (i think) all the time and after each other, ie Burst > Ex Shot > Burst. So it would benefit you to have them on the left/ right/ top/ bottom of each other. I have those 2 skills on A and S as reference. Last, you can customize the key bindings to suit you. The default bindings are ZXCV, ASDFG, QWERT, 12345678. I changed mine to: ZXCVB, Caps Lock ASDFG, Tab QWERT, 12345 which suits me since i dont like to use the numbers row as much as the other rows.

An example of my key bindings would be to put FM4 on 1 as it usually has the highest CD and is rarely used. Long CD/ not so much used skills on 2, Tab, V, B as they are further from where i usually place my fingers (ZXC since I am a violet main). FMs on RFT. Spammable/core skills on Caps Lock ASD, QWE. Potions/ useable items go to 345 as i dont use them much.

• @7LGCACLMLN said:
    Next, you can assign skills to be near each other keyboard wise so that its easier. For example, Seha use burst and EX shot (i think) all the time and after each other, ie Burst > Ex Shot > Burst. So it would benefit you to have them on the left/ right/ top/ bottom of each other. I have those 2 skills on A and S as reference. Last, you can customize the key bindings to suit you. The default bindings are ZXCV, ASDFG, QWERT, 12345678. I changed mine to: ZXCVB, Caps Lock ASDFG, Tab QWERT, 12345 which suits me since i dont like to use the numbers row as much as the other rows.

An example of my key bindings would be to put FM4 on 1 as it usually has the highest CD and is rarely used. Long CD/ not so much used skills on 2, Tab, V, B as they are further from where i usually place my fingers (ZXC since I am a violet main). FMs on RFT. Spammable/core skills on Caps Lock ASD, QWE. Potions/ useable items go to 345 as i dont use them much.

Yeah, I've partly set up my keys to make it easier, but need to experiment more to figure out the proper combinations. I have ASD set up as that Flaming Sword attack, that one that knocks up and volleyball spikes, and then the flame attack. My buffs are on ER which is odd with that sword falcon special on 1.