How is the gearing process nowadays?

Last I played was When Luna SA came and if I remember correctly you farmed for extreme or crater core. I am not sure about trinkets but I think its extreme or super. I haven't done any david raid or Irina so thats pretty much new content for me. Is that still viable or is there a quest for gear further down the line for new gear sets that will set me up for further content? I am currently playing Soma and I reached guro station at lvl 71.

Best Answers

• 7LGCACLMLN7LGCACLMLN Member
    Accepted Answer

Now its purification core, mods trinkets and amp which will then be upgraded through doing purification hell into a stronger form. Extreme trinkets will be replaced by wolf trinkets and then upgraded to hoff trinkets.

Extreme, David and Irina equipment is used to tide you over until you get the above.

• ReyvonReyvon Member
    Accepted Answer

Gearing process as of now (each step is a line):

Cores

• Anything until reaching planar gate
    • Lvl 58 core, given by planar gate quests
    • Super core, obtained from a quest (clear all PG 5 bosses)
    • Extreme Core, given as a reward for clearing 7x mephisto (or vitus?) raid
    • Crater Core, crafted with scroll received from quests and tiamat hub mats
    • David Core, about 4 runs on him to craft all his stuffs
    • Purification Core, current BiS at transcend 5, is about the same process (just transcend rates tweaked)

Modules

• Anything until pg
    • 2 Pure modules, gotten by pg quests and another filler (also from quests)
    • Super module along with 2 pure modules (pg 5 bosses quest)
    • 2 Disaster modules along with Super module (received from quests on tiamat hub)
    • Extreme module along with 2 Disaster, Extreme still have to be crafted (kinda annoying on alts, imo)
    • Crater module (same as core, I personally skip this)
    • David module (crafted using David bug lump)
    • Purification modules (craftable on it's first stage (no transcend) if you don't get the right drop, but I advise waiting for a drop while collecting other mats.
    • Hoffman and Wolfgang modules (current BiS) are only dropped on their raid, normal mode included, or bought from BM
    • Last BiS is puri hell module which is a very rare drop and mostly a whale brag

Trinkets

• Anything until pg
    • Pure trinkets and uncanny trinkets (pg quests)
    • Super trinkets along with Pure (pg 5 boss quest)
    • Disaster trinkets along with Super (tiamat hub quests)
    • Extreme trinkets along with Disaster (crafted by doing vitus/mephisto quests, still kinda annoying but worth it)
    • Irina trinkets (crafted using Irina bug lump)
    • Purification trinkets (crafted at puri ops)
    • Puri Hell trinkets (part of current BiS), craftable by using the former puri trinkets and material dropped on contamination hell, stage 5-6 puri bosses, replica and one-time reward from doing chain ops runs.
    • Wolfgang trinkets (current BiS), crafted using wolfgang bug lumps and a plethora of Reanimators (dropped on Hunter's Night hub assault mode, wolfgang/hoffman raid and the training programs there)
    • Hoffman trinkets, obtained by transcending wolfgang trinkets, using hoffman bug lumps and more Reanimators

Amp

• Quest reward from unlocking the slot at airport (can't remember what map for wildhuters)
    • Anything that drops and is better than previous
    • Disaster Amp
    • David Amp
    • Epsilon Amp (orange version, dropped from puri hell, skippable)
    • Purification Amp

I guess that's it, at least the way I gear my characters. Feel free to tweak it to your needs or correct me on the steps.

Answers

• SyrrakSyrrak Member

Thank you

• SyrrakSyrrak Member

[spoiler]

@Reyvon said:
    Gearing process as of now (each step is a line):

Cores

• Anything until reaching planar gate
    • Lvl 58 core, given by planar gate quests
    • Super core, obtained from a quest (clear all PG 5 bosses)
    • Extreme Core, given as a reward for clearing 7x mephisto (or vitus?) raid
    • Crater Core, crafted with scroll received from quests and tiamat hub mats
    • David Core, about 4 runs on him to craft all his stuffs
    • Purification Core, current BiS at transcend 5, is about the same process (just transcend rates tweaked)

Modules

• Anything until pg
    • 2 Pure modules, gotten by pg quests and another filler (also from quests)
    • Super module along with 2 pure modules (pg 5 bosses quest)
    • 2 Disaster modules along with Super module (received from quests on tiamat hub)
    • Extreme module along with 2 Disaster, Extreme still have to be crafted (kinda annoying on alts, imo)
    • Crater module (same as core, I personally skip this)
    • David module (crafted using David bug lump)
    • Purification modules (craftable on it's first stage (no transcend) if you don't get the right drop, but I advise waiting for a drop while collecting other mats.
    • Hoffman and Wolfgang modules (current BiS) are only dropped on their raid, normal mode included, or bought from BM
    • Last BiS is puri hell module which is a very rare drop and mostly a whale brag

Trinkets

• Anything until pg
    • Pure trinkets and uncanny trinkets (pg quests)
    • Super trinkets along with Pure (pg 5 boss quest)
    • Disaster trinkets along with Super (tiamat hub quests)
    • Extreme trinkets along with Disaster (crafted by doing vitus/mephisto quests, still kinda annoying but worth it)
    • Irina trinkets (crafted using Irina bug lump)
    • Purification trinkets (crafted at puri ops)
    • Puri Hell trinkets (part of current BiS), craftable by using the former puri trinkets and material dropped on contamination hell, stage 5-6 puri bosses, replica and one-time reward from doing chain ops runs.
    • Wolfgang trinkets (current BiS), crafted using wolfgang bug lumps and a plethora of Reanimators (dropped on Hunter's Night hub assault mode, wolfgang/hoffman raid and the training programs there)
    • Hoffman trinkets, obtained by transcending wolfgang trinkets, using hoffman bug lumps and more Reanimators

Amp

• Quest reward from unlocking the slot at airport (can't remember what map for wildhuters)
    • Anything that drops and is better than previous
    • Disaster Amp
    • David Amp
    • Epsilon Amp (orange version, dropped from puri hell, skippable)
    • Purification Amp

I guess that's it, at least the way I gear my characters. Feel free to tweak it to your needs or correct me on the steps.

[/spoiler]

Thank you for taking time to write such a detailed explanation. Just a Q tho, as far as I understand you kinda need to farm extreme accesories, I remember watching a video about gearing and something like that was mentioned. I think I can safely skip crater stuff and go directly for Irina and David gear. I assume Wolfgang and Hoffman are current endgame raids .

• ReyvonReyvon Member

Extreme trinkets were used before wolfgang/hoffman ones, since normal puri trinkets will use all 6 slots, but the hell trinkets only use 3, leaving space for another set, which extreme used to be the best filler for them.

They are not that needed nowadays since you can just use puri normal 6 trinkets before getting the BiS ones (3x Puri hell + 3x Hunters Night).
    May be still worth to craft though, depending on what you have currently.