We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

play style questions

edited September 27 in General Discussion

I have some question about Luna and Seth.
[Luna] Do you use prioritize timing the 2 counters (Defensive Posture/Pegasus Kick 2nd hit) for stacking Luna's SA buff (/HP restore) and deal dmg with cd reset on Hydra Strike or you just use DP off cooldown/change Pegasus Kick 2nd hit to an active atk and deal dmg with 2 pegasus Kick?? The 1st way is safer but the dmg output is kinda "slow", the 2nd way deal dmg faster but I die quite frequently while trying it (my Luna is not really geared)

[Seth] Is it ok to not run EX Anubis's Judgement ?? The EX version is kinda clunky and playing without a short cooldown dash is kinda annoying since EX Horus's Attack has an 18s cd at ~38% cdr and EX Anubis is no longer a dash.

Comments

• Seth: I can't see why not. If you have a preference and you don't feel like it messes up your damage too much, go for it. I've just adapted to them. My J doesn't really have a hard dash skill so I'm use to finding other ways in/out so it didn't bother me with Seth too much. I do think they both do good damage though and horus comes with a perm buff for the rest of the run. If I'm trying to cover distance, I use a skill to get me airborne and Selket's Seal over to my target area. Awakened Thoth covers a nice distance too, but I assume you want that to reset Selket.
    The normal variant for anubis is definitely clunky to me with the forced leap that it looks like they took from default horus and slapped onto anubis. I end up using the down variant all the time, sometimes use it to get airborne or aircamp. I fuck up with horus sometimes because the default dash is pretty fast, but don't fuck up with I use the up or down variant before hand.

• For Luna, I don't even run Pegasus kick. I have it at level 6 and out of my bar. This is how good it feels to whack people in the head with multiple empowered Hydra Strikes. It's worth every single extra second you waste in bosses with the lower DPS.

For Seth, she already has a built-in dash with no CD in ker kit so no need to bother with Anubis. Just →→, XX and run like the wind. Also if you just really want the instant dash just let the default Anubis somewhere in your bar with a single point in it.

The thing with Seth is that she barely needs to move to start with. You get iframes iseconds with Apophis, Horus EX, SM 3 and SM 4 while Neith's and Nature Release + Claws heal you on top making you invul for days. Not being enough everything else expect for Selket and Medjed has damage reduction while casting.

• @ShadeNightz said:
    Seth: I can't see why not. If you have a preference and you don't feel like it messes up your damage too much, go for it. I've just adapted to them. My J doesn't really have a hard dash skill so I'm use to finding other ways in/out so it didn't bother me with Seth too much. I do think they both do good damage though and horus comes with a perm buff for the rest of the run. If I'm trying to cover distance, I use a skill to get me airborne and Selket's Seal over to my target area. Awakened Thoth covers a nice distance too, but I assume you want that to reset Selket.
    The normal variant for anubis is definitely clunky to me with the forced leap that it looks like they took from default horus and slapped onto anubis. I end up using the down variant all the time, sometimes use it to get airborne or aircamp. I fuck up with horus sometimes because the default dash is pretty fast, but don't fuck up with I use the up or down variant before hand.

Yeah, my main is Yuri so I'm too used to having a nice dash to reposition and cancel animations. And if I have to run the EX Anubis version it's going to be the shortened version 100% of the time.

@wakuwakuusagi said:
    For Luna, I don't even run Pegasus kick. I have it at level 6 and out of my bar. This is how good it feels to whack people in the head with multiple empowered Hydra Strikes. It's worth every single extra second you waste in bosses with the lower DPS.

For Seth, she already has a built-in dash with no CD in ker kit so no need to bother with Anubis. Just →→, XX and run like the wind. Also if you just really want the instant dash just let the default Anubis somewhere in your bar with a single point in it.

The thing with Seth is that she barely needs to move to start with. You get iframes iseconds with Apophis, Horus EX, SM 3 and SM 4 while Neith's and Nature Release + Claws heal you on top making you invul for days. Not being enough everything else expect for Selket and Medjed has damage reduction while casting.

yeah I barely use 2nd augmented Pegasus dive kick before I started doing bosses (tia/pg75 and up) for gears tbh. Being able to constantly to reset Hydra Strike frequently is super fun but on slow/more telegraphed bosses (tia/mephisto/yod and tinlados to a certain extent) it's kinda weird cuz sometimes the boss just kinda just not doing anything between each atk.

About Seth, the built-in fast fall dash is blocked by creeps/bosses though so I can't really use it to switch sides while bossing. I'll prob gonna give the EX version a try until I level her to 85 and start doing puri so I can see if i can get used to not having fast dash. If not, i'll leave Anubis at lv1 like you said

• @Scott95 said:
    About Seth, the built-in fast fall dash is blocked by creeps/bosses though so I can't really use it to switch sides while bossing. I'll prob gonna give the EX version a try until I level her to 85 and start doing puri so I can see if i can get used to not having fast dash. If not, i'll leave Anubis at lv1 like you said.

If it's just that you have other options then. Using Selket's Seal in the air allows you to jump a good distance, actually if you cancel Apophis into it during the really high jump you can teleport about 4 screens. Also, you can move during the down version of Neith's and you can also quickly go down using Isis March and then use Apophis to give a short hop to switch sides. Using the up and down versions of Horus EX at point blank will also move you forward far enough to switch sides.

But still, you could also sit in front of everything in Puri and never die. That's how much invul she has.