Queue Channels

I cannot help but notice that there are 30 channels, each with their own queue. When someone uses a Shout to say they're queuing on a particular (random) channel, by the time you get there, the party is full. Then you're standing there trying to queue with no one else queuing, or like one other person who invariably (and understandably) gives up.

Is there a way either EME, or we, as a community, can determine strict channels for queues related to whichever raid we're queuing? As it stands, it's extremely chaotic and inefficient. Nevermind when we get Beelzebub and we'll need 12 character parties.

Comments

• As far as I am aware, when you go up and hit the squad matching it does not care about channels. I've personally seen people shout to queue for raids (which indicates the channel they are in), then joined up with them via squad matching.

When people shout to join party you need to be in the same channel, and that is often because they or someone in the group does not meet requirements to squad match. Though more often its cause they want to run it on multiple characters.

• @7MJYAJR3EK said:
    As far as I am aware, when you go up and hit the squad matching it does not care about channels.

If this is true, this game is in an extraordinarily bad state. It difficult for me to believe. I certainly hope this is not the case.

• It is the case, happened all the time when I was queueing for divine battle - not switching channel but queueing into the same person using network chat on a different channel

• @Disposessed said:

If this is true, this game is in an extraordinarily bad state. It difficult for me to believe. I certainly hope this is not the case.

How is this implementation an indicator of a "bad state". This has been a fairly common practice in games with hubs for many years. Heck in some games you could not pick what hub you landed in.

• @7MJYAJR3EK said:
    How is this implementation an indicator of a "bad state". This has been a fairly common practice in games with hubs for many years. Heck in some games you could not pick what hub you landed in.

I was talking about the lack of active players queuing, not the composition of the game itself.

• RieidRieid Member

@Disposessed said:

@7MJYAJR3EK said:

I was talking about the lack of active players queuing, not the composition of the game itself.

It is undeniable that the game has lost a lot of players, there are many indicators of that. However I think the difficulty for queuing is more due players running dungeons with their friends and/or crew members than the game being dead. Most people is usually part of a crew, so probably those people don't even queue to begin with, they just make a squad and run the dungeon.
    Usually the people that queue are not part of an active crew, they could even be solo players that only do raids with people when they cant solo the thing. There is also the people that due time limitations like a job or school are forced to queue with random players.
    The thing with closers is that I always felt that it was hard to queue, even when the game had more players. As example: When irina and David were end game content it was really hard for me to queue with other players, this even if you shout. Then I realize that most people was doing it with their crew and the few ones that queue were doing it at server reset time wish is like 2 or 3 AM my time zone, so it was almost impossible for me to get into a squad by queueing.

• It is undeniable that the game has lost a lot of players, there are many indicators of that. However I think the difficulty for queuing is more due players running dungeons with their friends and/or crew members than the game being dead. Most people is usually part of a crew, so probably those people don't even queue to begin with, they just make a squad and run the dungeon.

this right here completely

• there are 2 different ques, one is CH1-15, other is CH16-30 first page of channels and second page of channels are 2 different servers, people mostly play on Page 2 channels, Hell,overflow,wolfgang,hoffman,pg75,tia.... etc queues are p much dead unless someone uses a network because everyone already finished them
    same will be for beelzebub, 2 different servers, CH1-15 1 que CH16-30 1 que, they are seperate
    most reliable way to find parties is using a crew discord/Enmasse's closers #LFP section