11/4/2019 - "Task Force Triaina Rebellion: Nata" Patch Discussion

Feel free to discuss the new patch, "Task Force Triaina Rebellion: Nata" right here! Here are some key features of this update:

• The Triaina Rebellion is complete, with the release of Nata to the team!
  • CMC has come back!
  • The Maple Leaf event has kicked off, with tons of cool items to craft and log in for.

For the full patch notes, please visit HERE.

We look forward to hearing what you think!

Comments

• I fear the player base will plummet dramatically come Nov 13th when another game makes it return to Steam

• @JadeClosers said:

we havent been given a free +14 booster
    we havent been given a free Awakened tiamat at release

please give this kid free +14 and awakened tia already.
    its really sad this kid has to remind you guys every update.

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member
    edited November 7

@whaehawhat i mean. what jade says is totally true. we haven't be given 'anything' compared to what KR is getting. Sure ok, we have a lower player base so that means rewards won't be as 'amazing'. then what about patches? we're technically getting them at a slower rate compared to KR ( where they got nata tf ,bb, lvl 86 and SS tunes all at the same patch. ). We are being treated badly compared to KR and players are unsatisfied by that. I don't know if you like being 'treated' bad compared to the other servers but most don't really like that. There is a ton of people that have quit and gone to KR instead even with the language barrier just because its way more worth as a server in terms of content updates compared to world (its only 'problem' is that money there comes harder which to be honest after playing for a while credit making is quite ok. ). and yes people can whale/spend money on KR so that's not really a problem either. we have been 5+ months without content without any really good rewards making up for it so its obvious players will begin outbursts sooner or later if something doesn't happen.

• Time to emigrate to CC, right? Bai bai

• @fullmetalone said:
    I fear the player base will plummet dramatically come Nov 13th when another game makes it return to Steam

What are you talking about? About which game, i mean :eyes:

• BekirBekir Member
    edited November 7

I think most people will leave game.
    because the events in Korea are great.
    +14 in terms of gears and gifts.
    But EME doesn't care about anyone's opinion or comments.
    EME a robot like the patch and patch update note on the forum.
    1 year ago, +14 gear is a gift.
    in short management sucks.
    I've been playing the game since 2017.
    I play occasionally, I don't play constantly, Closers.
    We know how you killed Eme Kritika..
    This game is not too long will be the same.
    And now Kritika comes with the owner of the game.
    And now I'm waiting for the game Kritika.
    I hope that when I return, EME will correct itself.
    Otherwise this game will consist of playing for me from time to time.
    november 13, this game will die completely.
    I hope this doesn't happen, but we're going to see what's going to happen.
    Naddic thinks this place is Asian.
     but no here Na and Ab.
    take care, see you.

• MuryokuMuryoku Member
    edited November 7

Going to play devil's advocate here and argue against some points people bring up.

First off, they can't do anything, they can cry and tell naddic "Hey can we have our stuff faster?" but if Naddic says no, that's the end. They can voice their opinion to Naddic just like we can voice our opinion to eme but if Naddic doesn't budge, they can't do shit no matter how much people want it. I'll admit though, it's becoming blatantly obvious that Naddic doesn't really care for the other servers, just Korea, which is fair, that's their target audience.

Secondly: I'm seeing people talking about free awakened Tia? Yes it was free..the second time it came out and you had to grind about 5k dungeons in 1 week to get it, a lot of people burned out getting it. If you want to experience that too that's fine.

Thirdly: Free 14? That came because the server (Korea's) is pretty old, I would personally not expect one for free for a while considering how "young" our server is.

Lastly: People going on about the game dying but if you look at Japan that's been around way longer than NA (NA / EU released in late 2017 while JP's been around since 2016), releases at a way slower pace..They don't even have Bai SA yet and have had Bai since July 18th 2019.

EDIT: Gonna go out and say I ain't defending eme with the above post, just arguing to show people perspective.. Feel free to counter-argue anything.

• @Muryoku said:
    Going to play devil's advocate here and argue against some points people bring up.

First off, they can't do anything, they can cry and tell naddic "Hey can we have our stuff faster?" but if Naddic says no, that's the end. They can voice their opinion to Naddic just like we can voice our opinion to eme but if Naddic doesn't budge, they can't do shit no matter how much people want it. I'll admit though, it's becoming blatantly obvious that Naddic doesn't really care for the other servers, just Korea, which is fair, that's their target audience.

Secondly: I'm seeing people talking about free awakened Tia? Yes it was free..the second time it came out and you had to grind about 5k dungeons in 1 week to get it, a lot of people burned out getting it. If you want to experience that too that's fine.

Thirdly: Free 14? That came because the server (Korea's) is pretty old, I would personally not expect one for free for a while considering how "young" our server is.

Lastly: People going on about the game dying but if you look at Japan that's been around way longer than NA (NA / EU released in late 2017 while JP's been around since 2016), releases at a way slower pace..They don't even have Bai SA yet and have had Bai since July 18th 2019.

EDIT: Gonna go out and say I ain't defending eme with the above post, just arguing to show people perspective.. Feel free to counter-argue anything.

Enmasse CAN do something. the feedbacks can change the game, how naddic gives patches to us and when we get them. an easy example is fatigue, every other closers server has is except closers world. it was removed because alot of people complained about it
    Now I dont know about if it's 5k 1k or 3k dungeons in one week or not but dont you think having it would be nice, even a chance to obtain it from an event like kr gave its players a chance, wouldnt that be nice? I'd take the 5K runs any day instead of not getting anything
    It's true that Closers korea is older than our server but closers korea had the best event rewards, a nice patch time and everything. Closers world just recently started to give us "good" rewards, (well, they are not good enough tbh as you can see from so many people complaining about it) and our patch time just keeps getting slower. we are another month behind Korea right now.
    Every closers server and their playerbase is different. our playerbase wants the faster patches, closers japanese might not have wanted that. Here is how every server is different from eachother
    Korea : Developer Server, +17 and newest stuff, always gets the stuff first
    China : +25 on Gear
    World : No Fatigue
    Japan : minimum 10 malek crystals per malek box, low speed patches as you said
    Naddic does take feedback from their publishers and release patches for them. they did it for every server, you can see the server differences there, Enmasse needs to read this thread, have an idea of what the playerbase wants and then ask for patches from naddic.

• @JadeClosers said:
    Enmasse CAN do something. the feedbacks can change the game, how naddic gives patches to us and when we get them. an easy example is fatigue, every other closers server has is except closers world. it was removed because alot of people complained about it
    Now I dont know about if it's 5k 1k or 3k dungeons in one week or not but dont you think having it would be nice, even a chance to obtain it from an event like kr gave its players a chance, wouldnt that be nice? I'd take the 5K runs any day instead of not getting anything
    It's true that Closers korea is older than our server but closers korea had the best event rewards, a nice patch time and everything. Closers world just recently started to give us "good" rewards, (well, they are not good enough tbh as you can see from so many people complaining about it) and our patch time just keeps getting slower. we are another month behind Korea right now.
    Every closers server and their playerbase is different. our playerbase wants the faster patches, closers japanese might not have wanted that. Here is how every server is different from eachother
    Korea : Developer Server, +17 and newest stuff, always gets the stuff first
    China : +25 on Gear
    World : No Fatigue
    Japan : minimum 10 malek crystals per malek box, low speed patches as you said
    Naddic does take feedback from their publishers and release patches for them. they did it for every server, you can see the server differences there, Enmasse needs to read this thread, have an idea of what the playerbase wants and then ask for patches from naddic.

So, my question to you is, do you think Eme is not doing anything at all? Or is Naddic ignoring it / not acting upon it / just saying "No."

Korea is the one creating all the content, that means they HAVE to be the ones pumping out new content on a regular basis. EME is the publisher so they only receive things at a pace that Korea decides. (Yes the creator gets to tell the publisher how fast or slow they release stuff)

Does China actually take feedback from Naddic? Does Japan also? IIRC Indo didn't and that got them shut down first. To my memory at the very least, Japan and China are standalone, hence why JP can release the game on PS4 and CN does outlandish stuff. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this though.

• Yes they do. that's what makes the server differences happen. China could've stayed at +20 but they didnt, they got the +25 update from their naddic, they wanted it
    Indonesia server didnt have too many people playing it
    Japanese server still has to get permission from korean closers aka developers because of their copyrights and naddic does the general stuff
    Enmasse doesnt really give feedback to korea anymore, they just dont.
    Publisher has a say on what they get also, how fast they get it also. They are the ones publishing the game, they are the ones monitoring the servers, they are the ones applying the maintenances. They can request custom updates like no fatigue. you're correct on the place where you say naddic is pumping the stuff but you are incorrect on the part where you say naddic's decisions are absolute. Publisher has a say on it too, maybe not everything about the update but some parts like if they want the updates faster, making what community wants happen by telling it to the developer who implements the feature

• Before I start going into anything in my head, I'll start by saying "I haven't actually played this game since Seth SA patch. Logged in just 1 day of Seha TF patch, and that's it."

This is kinda venting and kinda "brutally honest" on what I thought on the patch notes here, so feel free to take this however. This is also my opinion, and you're free to agree or disagree. And thus I'm not obligated to care about what you think about it. It matters not to me.

Let's get started.

UPDATE FEATURES section
    TL;DR: It is, for the lack of better word, lackluster. If you don't play Nata for one reason or another, it doesn't change anything for you. And comparing servers might not be a great idea.
    Essay ver: brutally honest opinion? It's shit. Why? Players who don't enjoy playing Nata is basically updating the game for no actual stuff to do. Which basically means "download the patch so the game doesn't bork over missing files...login for daily login stuff (if you're even motivated to do it), do some stuff....and that's it." (I'm excluding about events here as they're not under "update features" in the patch notes).
    EME playerbase is determined to compare this with KR? Don't get me started; KR playerbase can get some good or freebie stuff from checking their webpage, in-game items or other stuff. Look, "Alpha Equalizer" might not look much, but getting them through a roulette you can spin by playing in-game is actually nice. Makes you think that "I kinda want stuff in that roulette...guess it's time to play".
    BUT. There's a big BUT here. There's also this thing called "cultural differences", both in playerbase and in business pratice. I for one, don't delve in this. At all. And have no room to talk. Comparing one server to another is difficult to say, especially when each of them are taken by different publishers. This also hasn't taken into account what the agreement on licensing each publisher took. There's also the programming it might take, whatever it could be (I'm not an IT expert nor the pub, don't fight me on this). Also hasn't taken into account "how much effort a publisher can give to the game it has in its hands". It came down to "is it worth doing", which as a player, I obviously can't answer. Do I think EME is kinda shit? Yes. Do I blame them? Yes and no; I don't know their circumstances, and unless I care enough to actually know, I have 0 room to talk.

EVENTS: MAPLE LEAF section
    TL;DR: More info on the reward stuff in the events would be great.
    Essay ver: I saw some of the items costumes that were craftable with event material or obtainable through login. Would be nice to make the items bankable but untradeable. Instead of,unrepackageable. It's like EME is asking the playerbase to beg themfor support tickets to move those items. BUT this also requires the items to be programmed this way (bear with me, IT experts), and Naddic as the developer has the most...leverage(?) to do this. Which they probably haven't and wouldn't do.
    Assuming EME can't provide this (which is pretty likely), asking Naddic and relaying their answer would be nice. I don't know, something like "We're sorry, but due to programming issues, we can't follow with this request" (or even the nonsense-y reason of "coz management says no"). Especially boxed stuff. It's still better than just silence all around.

[Maple Leaf Material Box] and [Maple Leaf Super Box] are sorta vague. Which I get some times... Would be nice to know what are in those kind of boxes tho, posted in patch notes. Posting it in the patch note is basically a 'check' if there's any typo in either in-game or in patch notes.
    ....I don't know about you, but I sure would rage if I found out I spent days doing something that isn't "as advertised" or "as announced". Or then raging because the in-game information turns out to be a typo.
    Or there's saying "players can find out by checking the MixerMatter in-game"

EVENTS: NEW AND RETURNING CLOSERS section.
    TL;DR: Who came up with this? Publisher or developer? Or both? I'm not sure what to feel. It's mostly confusion on information provided
    Essay ver: Ho boy. Let's start.
    -New player section, [+13 Purification Locking Core Box]:
    An explanation of this would be nice. "Locking"? Which part of Purification core is the "Locking" one? We used some weird sounding names (looking at you, Fixis, Fanto, Farben, Fossic, and that other one which I don't remember anymore). Should a 'older' player told them those, they wouldn't know which one we're talking about. I'm being nitpicky here, but I don't care anymore.. There were events in the past that just straight up said "Fixis core". Unless there was a renaming done while i wasn't around. Which brought me to this: Stay consistent with your naming and/or localized terminology PLEASE.
    -[Visual Slot Expansion 5type Set]. This needs elaboration.
    Is this five randomly selected visual slot expansion? Is this the costume (body-ish) bits? is this the accessories slots? All of them? Random from all of them? It didn't tell me anything. Sure, I can check it in-game...assuming I even want to participate in the current Returning Closers event. For all you know, I wanted to wait for the next ones.
    -I'm not sure what to feel anymore at "4th day return users: quality assurance seals x10"... I just don't know. Make of that what you will.

I'm not talking about the rest coz I don't really care about those (cashshop-related stuff).

• Since you've been talking about it , i just want to point out one specific part. We give feedback to EME so they give it to naddic and we DO expect a reply from our feedback. if naddic is just saying no then we have to expect to hear something like " naddic says no to that " or " they dont care and are ignoring us " or something at least. By hearing nothing other than " we'll talk / give feedback to them " and never hearing what the reply was , it just feels like nothing ever happened. Correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think lately there has been any case like that about our concerns. Just yes/no based on naddic's plans. not based on a reply coming because of our feedback. Our server has no fatigue. the reason for that is because sometime there was huge feedback about it. we absolutely DID NOT want fatigue. So something can happen if the feedback actually goes to naddic and if the player base wanting it is as big as it being a big part of the server. That's why this post is supposed to exist. for feedback and our concerns and what we want for the game to change. and we expect an answer from it. Not to say that EME has no direct choices or all they do is give some opinions here and there. It's to voice out our concerns and have eme report them to naddic. and as long as there's a huge part of the community agreeing to it naddic can either wait for the server to die or respond to our feedback.
    That's my opinion on this.

• Are we actually in the dark and know nothing because no one from eme says anything? Needs a lot more transparency and discussion that we can all see, and form an opinion on and not shit behind a curtain with player council. This shouldn't be consistently read from the dark and things should actually be discussed with the ones causing the concerns. If they have problems on their end or Naddic is just outright denying things, something should probably be said and not some empty message that deters the thought. We Actually Don't Know Shit and that can get real damaging to anyone who chooses to stick around.

• @ShadeNightz said:
    Are we actually in the dark and know nothing because no one from eme says anything? Needs a lot more transparency and discussion that we can all see, and form an opinion on and not shit behind a curtain with player council. This shouldn't be consistently read from the dark and things should actually be discussed with the ones causing the concerns. If they have problems on their end or Naddic is just outright denying things, something should probably be said and not some empty message that deters the thought. We Actually Don't Know Shit and that can get real damaging to anyone who chooses to stick around.

This is me talking out of spite, but at this point, I'm more inclined to believe I would get more information using translation-engine-translated Korean in KR support page than asking in English through EME support page....
    They did write about the "Seth-creation" developer talk thing. And we had the old Q&A stuff, apparently. What happened to it anyway? It could be used to address some issues playerbase wants addressed and the ones EME can't answer as a publisher (and not developer). Those posted things implied that EME could have asked Naddic about those stuff.
    ...there's also the "Naddic hasn't told us anything yet" answer.

....I may or may not bitterly thought that "it would be sooo much nicer if you were to ask Naddic about the more pressing issues, you know... Something like, I don't know, like Awakened Tiamat pet crashing party's framerate to almost nonexistence?" when the developer insight(?) thing was posted.

• RieidRieid Member

One thing I notice since this last update is that for some reason the game is crashing a lot more for me. Before this update I would get your typical crash with error window 2 or 3 times per week, now I am getting it every day and some times multiple times per day.
    This is not the known memory leak problem in wich the game crash after many hours of playing. The error I am talking about happens during loading screens most of the time and it can happen just minutes after you start the game, this with a ton of ram and vram free for the game.
    Most annoying about it is that if you play on full screen mode like I do, you are not even able to click the error window to see the error code since the screen is sort of locked and only way remove the lock is closing the error window (does not allow to send report or see details).

I had to use my phone to take a picture since I was unable to screen shot due obvious reasons:

• @Rieid I reinstalled the game because of how annoying that was; but after that it was more or less fixed :/ glgl

• HaseyHasey Member

gib new content so i can play agin

• NaomikhoNaomikho Member
    edited November 8

Sorry, first things first, I would love to have a free tia pet but 5K runs is way too much. If you cut it to at least half of it then it's bearable. Not everyone would be willing to spend that much time to grind. The previous demon king Bitna washing machine already drove me crazy... then guess what? EME said they'd extend the time and increase the token drops. And I was so angry because I had assignment deadlines and tests near the corner. I have way better priorities, and if you ask me to pick between those priorities and closers, then I'll gladly say goodbye to closers. The same goes for the current situation. The daily grind is making me sick and all these pointless events just increase the time I need to spend on the time TO JUST get the event rewards. I get that these events are giving chances to players to get more items, but what the maple event made me felt was EME trying to make players play the game because there's nothing else to do. Final point. I do understand we are given chances to grind for very important items, but the game needs to cut us some slack in this aspect. If EME can give an extension to demon king Bitna wm event and be more lenient with it, why not be more lenient some other time as well? Not all players will be willing to spend all day on gaming. I understand most of the people here are passionate gamers and you all wouldn't mind spending more time on games, but I am speaking on behalf on the people who do not have the luxury to spend all our time on gaming. We all have different LIFE VALUES. I respect yours, so please respect mine as well. We all are free to do whatever we want. I just want your understanding, and if the 5K runs for free tia pet does happen to be a thing and you all are happy for it, then I'll be happy for you as well. and kms in game

(If you want to argue "if I don't want to spend that much time why am I still playing" then I'll tell you that I have already considered quitting for quite a few times. And if the game continues to stay stagnant, then I wouldn't mind quitting at all. I love gaming; I love closers. That has kept me in the game for a while but I don't think that will last.)

The game is pretty stagnant at this point and bb isn't getting released. People have been waiting for that for ages, so do I. But the longer this drags on, people won't even be hyped for it anymore. I totally agree with the players on this point. (although I'm slightly fine with it right now since my finals are close but I don't find the game fun that way either) The recent updates don't even do anything much. Sure, the hw event dialogue was fun to read, but how many players will actually read it? It's a very important thing to keep the playerbase happy, and most players definitely aren't happy right now.

Lastly, I agree with some players that we certainly do not know what is happening behind the curtains. It would be nicer if we can get more information, but I have a feeling that eme might actually be trying and it's Naddic that's not doing anything. (Um, the maple event might be a last resort if you think of it that way) Naddic has no reason to care about us. And it won't be Naddic's huge loss either if our server shuts down. It will be EME's loss. Surely that also means that EME has to try harder if they still want to gain profits from closers, but the fact that closers shut down = loss of source of profit must also mean that they will try to do something to prevent it. (Unless, they already don't care, but I doubt it with the things in the store)

• Keep in mind the content updates are at a Snail's pace now due to everyone telling EME that they need to slow down in content updates.

• @fullmetalone said:
    Keep in mind the content updates are at a Snail's pace now due to everyone telling EME that they need to slow down in content updates.

when was this?

• Last year, we would be caught up with KR if we kept up at that pace

• LeviaHusbandLeviaHusband Member
    edited November 8

About EME/NADDIC feedback:

EME will never say "We gave the feedback to Naddic about what you wanted but they said us "No" ". They will never say that because it is unethical. Publicly exposing negotiations between companies would cause a breach of trust and make future talks between them very difficult.

About KR Rewards

The good rewards on Server KR are possible for a simple reason: Cashers. It's commom on KR spend money on games, so most of players are cashers there. This possibility to the Publisher give good rewards for free.

About the Game itself:

Probally we're getting the Beel patch in december since looks like EME does the Story updates every 6 months.

It's a slow timeline tbh. It would be better story patchs every 4 months but is still reasonable

The main problem are the patchs during this meantime.

- The Events and its rewards are not attractive to players.

- Task Force Patchs are useless if you don't play the character who's getting the TF

- The events rewards during those TF patchs are not attractive too.

For exemple:

I Main Soma and Alt Bai. What do I have with Tina, J, Yuri, Violet, Luna, wolfgang, Seha and Nata TF? Nothing . I don't play any of them. So all those patchs was useless to me. Same goes for someone who Main one of the 15 characters.

Those patchs are just to "milky" the content. To exend the game's timelife until the Story Patch comes out.

Since every 14 days we got 1 TF (and we got Tina, J, Wolfgang, Yuri, Bai, Violet, Luna, Seha and Nata TF's so far), We can say that we wasted 110 days. Almost 4 months of patchs .

4 months of just "Character "x" gets Task Force. Event: Play, login during TF patch to get an item and craft something."

That's the real problem of the patchs. We don't have good events/rewards while the Story Patch aren't out.

My thoughts

A lot of time is being wasted with useless patchs. I'm not saying to rush the updates. I'm saying to do good patchs that everyone, not only 1 character, can enjoy. Patchs where Events and its rewards are worth to player login and consume his/her time on it.

The problem of to do this is Naddic itself.

Naddic is a lazy develloper that always recycle their dungeons and mobs to create "new events". Just look Halloween dungeon that is the same thing every year. Or events itself that is resumed to collect an item to craft a thing.

A disastrous move

Just an exemple where timing is really important to keep a good playerbase:

Remember Bai release? Yeah, the disastrous decision of just release her in April. It's a good exemple of time wasted.

Her release was the mosted asked in Discord, facebook and forum (ooooh the forum war) The decision to milky her (Plese don't have +18 thoughts about this phrase lol) and release her only in april, shows us today that it was a disaster complete. Game polulation is downhill since then. Some players went to Server KR, and others to the forbbiden one

She is an exemple that timing to release patchs is super important to avoid playerbase to disband.

So EME and Naddic, to waste time with useless patchs shouldn't be in your plans from now on.

• @LeviaHusband said:
    Probally we're getting the Beel patch in december since looks like EME does the Story updates every 6 months.
    It's a slow timeline tbh. It would be better story patchs every 4 months but is still reasonable

The thing is story patches are every 3 months or so. or more like content patches. we got hoffman on june. around 3 months before that we had wg raid. around 3 months before nito raid/OFR iirc? then 5 months behind that it was around when puri got released if im not wrong.
    (bearland - 21/5
    hoffman - 18/6)
    sure updates after puri took like 5-6 months but puri was freaking huge. can't really compare hoffman, hoffman specifically , to how hard the puri gearing process was.