A new/returning player's feedback about this game

Hello, in light of the recent news about the Beelzebub delay and the discussions it caused I feel like giving my own personal experience/feedback about this game. I apologize for any grammatical errors in advance.
PS I know that KR designs the game so any gameplay issues that I have is not fixable by EME and that EME can only give feedback.

I'm a returning player in this game who quit around the time when Tiamat/Tina was released. This was due to personal life changes. I returned to this game after buying the back to school pack. I wouldnt consider myself a super whale but technically speaking I'm not F2P. Right now my main is Misteltein who has 2.38 million TCP.

What I like about this game
The story and the characters. Holy cow I love the playable characters and NPC's in this game. They have their own personality and they follow us throughout the story. It reminds me a lot of Rusty Hearts; a game I also enjoyed before it closed. In contrast, I remember playing DFO and quitting because I did not give one crap about the story. In fact the ONLY person I cared about was Seria. I did not even care about my own character because the only thing I knew about him was from the opening cinematic. (I played male gunner). So I quit while leveling.

The costumes are great; especially the rare ones. This game has amazing costumes and amazing customization options. You want to use zenith voice wearing swimsuit set using a task force profile picture? Go right ahead.

Having a higher itemlevel than required increases damage dealt. This encourages people to improve their gear rather than just hoard previous gear because it gave more TCP/has better tunes.

Problems: The BIGGEST problem I have with this game is the brick wall once someone reaches purification. My account had multiple alts with teamwork bonuses, platinum, and housing/gardening lvl 15 and I had a absolute painful time once I hit purification. The returning closers box does not give a brand new player sufficient gear to get anywhere in purification. I was pretty much FORCED to ask for carries in hell and wg/hm OC daily for about 3 weeks before I got to ilvl 130/1.5 million TCP.
3 FUCKING WEEKS OF ASKING FOR CARRIES. MOST GAMES CAN BE COMPLETED IN 3 WEEKS. EXPECTING A NEW PLAYER TO ASK FOR CARRIES FOR 3 WEEKS JUST SO THEY CAN COMPLETE CURRENT CONTENT IS INSANE.
The fact that transcendence can fail is the dumbest design I have ever seen. THAT MEANS I CAN SPEND 2 HOURS GRINDING SIDES/PURI BOSSES AND END UP WITH NEGATIVE PROGRESS BECAUSE I USED MORE STICKIES THAN I FOUND.

ALSO WHY THE FUCK DOES HAVING LOWER THAN REQUIRED ILVL REDUCE DAMAGE DEALT AND DAMAGE TAKEN SUBSTANTIALLY?
Do you not want players to challenge themselves???????????

Finally, please fix the frequent crashes. Especially since many entries are limited. You guys make Bethesda look like Nintendo.

P2W costumes that give stats in 2019.

Mixed bag:
The community: I love my crew. They carried me when I was super weak and we have fun in discord. However, there seems to be a disconnect between the veteran players/whales and new players. They always go "why is this game unable to keep new players?" The answer is up on top but when you can get a brand new character to 2 million or even 3 million TCP before that character is even lvl 85 you don't really understand the brick wall. In fact I think the best comment that exemplifies the disconnect is by a single discussion we made while discussing BB and the minimum gear requirements.
"why would you guys spend so many credits on reanimators; the WG/HM trinkets will be obsolete soon once we hit BB/puri ocean"
"Well I need that gear for BB since minimum requirement is 2.5million TCP."
"Just get someone to carry you"
"Oh so I don't need to get T5 WG/HM trinkets?"
Different person : "Unless you want to be a 2 million pleb"
"2 million pleb" as if getting 2 million TCP is a cakewalk.

Or my personal favorite "I'm not a gear whale I'm a costume whale" as if he is pretending that 1, costumes don't give combat power and 2, he doesn't trade/salvage extra costume pieces for credits/plat chips which can be used to buy stuff he needs.
Note that I'm NOT badmouthing my crew mates. They are amazing people who helped me a lot; I'm just trying to show the disconnect between veterans and new players.

Beelzebub release:
The "content drought" can best be explained by saying this:
"Veteran players have nothing to do; new players can't do anything".
No, leveling/gearing a 7th character is not fun. There is a severe content drought for veteran players. A December BB release is honestly insulting.
My recommendation would be to do the KR event where everyone gets a free lvl 83 + puri gear. Then one week later release BB.

Funnily enough; if BB released in early October/Late September? I would be f*cked since all the carries are doing BB content and not helping out new players.

Like you know what is also funny? I work so hard to be able to do/queue Hell OF/Hell/WG/HM. Now I don't even need the materials it drops on my main and can't transfer them unless I buy a grem box. I guess just hope for 3/3 trigger set/A9 mods/hell mod. And I'm still not 2.5 million TCP (No plat chips/garbage accessories/no 3 star wings).

Memestorm.

Comments

• Just wanted to update my post.
    I misinterpreted some of my crew mates comments. Apparently T5 WG/HM trinkets are BiS and not just replaced by BB gear.

Also, I misunderstood the 2 million pleb comment. I apologize for that and apologize for using discord crew comments in my discussion without say their permission/understanding the situation. Its discord everyone says shit.

Finally, I was informed this seemed more like a rant than feedback. I can see that.

There are plenty of other positives in this game. You can get plenty of costumes just by logging in everyday and the game gives you plenty of time limited rare costumes so really the P2W costumes comment might not entirely be accurate.

To any new players reading this: there is a light at the end of the road. That light is 1.5 million TCP/ilvl 130. Then you can queue for everything and life gets much easier.

But please fix transcendence; PLEASE.

• 59K34YTDKH59K34YTDKH Member
    edited November 7

@SpyIsNotOurSpy said:
    But please fix transcendence; PLEASE.

Just wait for when you have to transcend BB gear.

• i agree that new and returning players should get more and better gear to help them once they reach endgame levels. so far they've done something like this once, and it wasn't even announced clearly anywhere. You just randomly got a mail with a bunch of okay gear and within the mail it was like "Gear up an alt or your current character wew"

Gave all 6 Puri trinkets, And either T2 or T3 Mods + Weapon.

I personally dont know what new/reutnring players get in terms of gear besides a random puri core. but i think they should receive at minimum a significant headstart on Puri helll trinkets 3/3 set. and Fully transcended Weapon an/or Modules. As transcending is literally the worst at all levels for puri gears. They should not have to use all their materials on extrememly old content, even if it is BiS. they should feel more inclined to use it on wg/hoffman trinkets, because even they use a metric fuckton of materials.

asfor Costumes, I really don't see a problem giving people free signature pieces as an incentive for playing the game more and more. Example: Collecting those tokens exclusive to new/return players.Such as a free box that gives 6/6 at least. And a box the could possibly give a random piece of 4/4 accessory. Untradeable of course. If you think that is too much how about a item that gives you a full 10/10 signature set with good tunes but is more limited, example :30 day duration or so, to get you in the swing of things while not lacking the tiny bit of extra dmg.

• TarasikTarasik Member
    edited November 8

@Ray676 said:
    i agree that new and returning players should get more and better gear to help them once they reach endgame levels. so far they've done something like this once, and it wasn't even announced clearly anywhere. You just randomly got a mail with a bunch of okay gear and within the mail it was like "Gear up an alt or your current character wew"

Gave all 6 Puri trinkets, And either T2 or T3 Mods + Weapon.

I personally dont know what new/reutnring players get in terms of gear besides a random puri core. but i think they should receive at minimum a significant headstart on Puri helll trinkets 3/3 set. and Fully transcended Weapon an/or Modules. As transcending is literally the worst at all levels for puri gears. They should not have to use all their materials on extrememly old content, even if it is BiS. they should feel more inclined to use it on wg/hoffman trinkets, because even they use a metric fuckton of materials.

asfor Costumes, I really don't see a problem giving people free signature pieces as an incentive for playing the game more and more. Example: Collecting those tokens exclusive to new/return players.Such as a free box that gives 6/6 at least. And a box the could possibly give a random piece of 4/4 accessory. Untradeable of course. If you think that is too much how about a item that gives you a full 10/10 signature set with good tunes but is more limited, example :30 day duration or so, to get you in the swing of things while not lacking the tiny bit of extra dmg.

Well the signature stuff can be abused even if untradeable, since it can be salvaged for dual plat. If someone just makes a bunch of accounts. Need to be more careful in what is handed out. Gear idea is fine.

EDIT: I guess it might be fine if they make it cost a lot of tokens though. Time limited is fine as well since it cannot be salvaged

• @SpyIsNotOurSpy said:
    Hello, in light of the recent news about the Beelzebub delay and the discussions it caused I feel like giving my own personal experience/feedback about this game. I apologize for any grammatical errors in advance.

I have yet to see any OFFICIAL announcement from Enmasse about a release date for BB. If I am in error please use this opportunity to provide this evidence and correct my misunderstanding. Otherwise please refrain from calling it a DELAY when the only dates are fabrication and speculation.

• JadeClosersJadeClosers Member
    edited November 8

@SpyIsNotOurSpy write a support ticket saying you want to tranfer materials/items. enmasse has a special thing once per calendar year. you can transfer up to 20 slots with no limits on how many you transfer. I'll send you an example if you want me to, Discord is Jade#4571
    There are many people willing to carry you in crews and enmasse #LFG, you can ask us
    About the frequent crashes the crashes became significantly more when the halloween event patch came, empowered state disconnect bug was never fixed, you can crash in characters that use high amounts of mp if you spam skills often
    Wolfgang T4 trinkets will severely be nerfed by the time you can even get them, I say just grind 300 reanimators and wait for a while, yes you do need T4 trinkets but T4 isnt needed to reach 3M levels
    2M is a cakewalk when you finish the purification gear, 2.5M you can reach with signature costumes
    that BB req is not really a req, you can que even if you have lower tcp than that. it's just a recommandation
    Free box that gives 6/6 could be gamebreaking as it can give people dual platinums like someone else said. however they do give a random 4/4 accesory piece in some events
    IIRC new players are given a 30 day signature set with some gears to help them reach purification levels

I hope this covers some of the questions you have, you are more than welcome to contact me on discord.

• @JadeClosers said:
    @SpyIsNotOurSpy write a support ticket saying you want to tranfer materials/items. enmasse has a special thing once per calendar year. you can transfer up to 20 slots with no limits on how many you transfer. I'll send you an example if you want me to, Discord is Jade#4571
    There are many people willing to carry you in crews and enmasse #LFG, you can ask us
    About the frequent crashes the crashes became significantly more when the halloween event patch came, empowered state disconnect bug was never fixed, you can crash in characters that use high amounts of mp if you spam skills often
    Wolfgang T4 trinkets will severely be nerfed by the time you can even get them, I say just grind 300 reanimators and wait for a while, yes you do need T4 trinkets but T4 isnt needed to reach 3M levels
    2M is a cakewalk when you finish the purification gear, 2.5M you can reach with signature costumes
    that BB req is not really a req, you can que even if you have lower tcp than that. it's just a recommandation
    Free box that gives 6/6 could be gamebreaking as it can give people dual platinums like someone else said. however they do give a random 4/4 accesory piece in some events
    IIRC new players are given a 30 day signature set with some gears to help them reach purification levels

I hope this covers some of the questions you have, you are more than welcome to contact me on discord.

30 day signature costume pretty irrelevant when you get random tunes that give no bonuses toward your character And we arent getting material nerf for Trinkets for quite a long time, since Eme is in no hurry to push patches and Naddic isn't giving them it either

• if you ask me, the free stuff is pretty good, if they did give you everything you wanted it would be bad for active players, if you get good rewards for not playing/just joining why would you play at all?