Problems of the game right now

edited November 20 in General Discussion

With the recent announcement of the release of Beezlebub (finally) and the release of the new enhancement system, some stuff just became more confusing and apparent. I'm first just gonna complain a bit first about the problems of the game that has existed for a few months now actually.

1) Daily gacha: Why do we first get stuck with the TI85 Pilot costumes for months then have to beg EME to change them to Two-Tone to then be stuck with them for another few months. I've lost count of how many actual months it's been we've had Two-Tone but I dare to say it's been around half a year, which makes 0 sense. I'm also aware of the fact that I'm not the only one extremely annoyed by this.

2) Game population and interest: Game's dying, you can't deny that, and how can you blame the player for it. There has been literally 0 new areas for months now. In the past 4 months, I'd say, only things we got were new Hoffman Mods and Triggers, which are gear and not new missions or areas, so basically no progression in story or content. Ok cool, for a few weeks there has been probably an increase in the game population trying to get the new gear, but that was short-lived. Why? Abysmal drop rates. Now I don't know anything about the drop rates nor the programming of them, it might not be EME's fault for the very bad drop rates (trigger drop rates XD), but they aren't helping with the frustration that the game population is feeling. I know one player who plays 6 characters or more daily and only got 2 mod drops in around 2-3 months. Don't even get me started on the trigger drop rates I personally believe it's even worse. What's the point in playing a game where there's no new content and all you can do is farm for the new gear and expect to get nothing for perhaps weeks. No wonder people lost interest and who can blame them. It is frustrating and boring and legitimately no point in playing the game. Ok sure, the release of Seth brought back some players, but only for a little bit. Why farm for gear when you can get account transfer the gear through repackaging Hoffman Mods or simply just Gremory Box over the gear when you had that much time to waste while waiting for content. I personally have T5 Puri mods right now on my Seth since I'm too poor to buy Hoffman mods and I don't even have stage 5-6 of Puri unlocked yet. Literally all I've done is level Seth, transfer everything and forget her until the next raid comes in. The interest of players is going down and more players are quitting. Just look at TCP boards. Half the people in them right now have lower TCP than the people I know who have higher TCP, but can't be bothered to log in to the game even for 1 minute as there is legit no point in doing so. Another proof that the game is dying? BM. All the new accessories are retardedly expensive as at this point, barely anyone or not as many people as before still buy the new gachas. If you want the latest new costume and you can't get it within the first week, good luck getting it afterwards it's going to be a lot harder to find people still whaling for it and selling it.

3) Latest announcement: True head scratcher: why do we get the enhancement system revamp first before Beezlebub. Cool, we can get +17, but we literally can't get it on any important gear (core and mods). +16 and +17 is only possible on Beezlebub gear, it's impossible to get it on Puri gear, so it makes literally 0 sense why we're getting it first, unless EME is changing it from what Korea got in their servers and allows Puri to reach that level, which I heavily doubt. Even Beezlebub, for me personally, was EXTREMELY pushed behind. It has been so long since the last content patch we've gotten and I can't think of any excuses on why and how it was delayed for this long. I know I'm not the only one who shares this sentiment as the dying population also proves it. Have another head scratcher: why do WE in WORLD have to use 2 EB2's to get 1 GearBooster 1. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/137331068884877312/646550190962245642/unknown.png Meanwhile, Korean and Taiwan has a 1:1 ratio. https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/463412424293220365/646506886367019009/unknown.png Why. Why is it only our region in the entire world to have this 2:1 ratio for this item revamp. Here's my hypothesis: money. Hey, you need more GB's to enhance? Well, you'd better buy our new pack that we're going to release in the future if you want to get it :D.

4) Community Feedback: There have been forums asking EME the same subject: when's the release of Beezlebub, can you guys push it up, etc. What does EME do? Avoid the question every time, give lackluster answers that actually don't answer any questions and also flat-out ignores the feedback the community gives. Why is a company whose existence is based on the player base ignoring the player base. What?

5) Gacha System/EMP: The gacha system and EMP system has been long overdue and should probably change. If they made so that in every 10 rolls, so around 9$ USD, you can at least get a guaranteed costume for the character you'd play. Heck, I might even be tempted to whale myself, which I don't because it's such a scam. We don't the rates of anything so I'm not willing to take the risk of it. If they made so the 4900 EMP costume pack gave you a guaranteed set of the costume instead of 3 random character costumes, I promise you more people would be willing to spend money on them, including me as some of the costumes just look straight-up amazing. This is my own opinion though.

There are just so many problems in this game right now it's insane, and the publisher's negligence just makes it worse. We have been shown over and over again that EME, to a certain extent, actually just doesn't really care for the game population. The lack of any type of advertisement was a big meme back in 2018 and in 2019 they just simply refuse to listen to the community. It's really frustrating because this game is actually really fun to play imo. It's really a great game with tons of competition, mechanics, etc. Sadly, the developers just don't care about those facts and only see one thing imo: money. It's really sad to see a great game full of potential just get ruined like that.
Thank you for reading my rant whether you agree or disagree with me and please feel free to say your own feelings whether their against or for my own personal opinion.

Comments

• Its 2:1 for us because there is no fatigue and you can abuse tia with 15 chars, get lots of eb2. Other servers all hape fatigue

Stuff are expensive because people are abusing tia and getting lots of money from it (1.5 months with 8 chars -> 1.5B minimum

• 2:1 is fine, EB2 are dirt cheap and as Jade said easy to abuse Tia among other options to get items.

I have a few problems with this game but one of the bigger ones is joining a Crew that is lively and has many active players. Then after a month or so it's a literal dead crew with only 2 or 3 people(including me) logging on to play the game. The game needs players and needs them to stay playing. Hard to gear alt characters when your crew mates quit and can't carry you anymore. If I had money I'd buy 2 PC's just to carry myself for alt character gearing lmao.

I love this game and I don't want it to go away. :^(

• Yeah the +16/+17 its exclusive for Beelzebub gear but bro you can get your +14/+15 easier before Belze arrives that's not bad in my opinion😯

And the ratios are Ok, we dont have stamina if you farm every day and dont sell anything, you'll have stacks and stacks of EB2 and other stuff.

Sadly yes the game is kinda dead right now :/ when they release the trigger patch I was so excited I farm full hoff/wolf every day for like 4 weeks didnt get anything I rage so much that I quit the game 2 weeks xD and when I get back in track I finally get my 3/3 set... and then nothing I get stuck and tbh sometimes I just enter for the daily gacha of premium im not even enjoying the benefits of that because for a long time we didn't receive anything, now im kinda happy that finally we're going to have mayor updates(tbh I would love the personalization update the one that let you select animations/poses/voice) and it kinda bump my hype and I really want to play again to be prepared for whats coming (ignoring the fact that the cutie's Queen of heart TF maybe it's not coming this year </3) I hope this changes attract people because I really love this game and the Story 😂

• That 2:1 ratio is not fair at all its basically saying the efforts we've put in are worth half as much as other regions all because we have the option to run it more? Granted you have the characters to do so, attributing price increases because people run Tiamat to make money when they have to run it with 4 characters a day to break even to buy plat just for its drops to make a difference is making a strawman for the issues we have in the game surrounding money and items which is another topic in itself. I dont want to be told i have to work twice as hard to achieve what everyone else has for the artificial reason of fatigue and if so then they should put it back in i want to have a life again.
    Also i don't know the ratios of the other regions but if eb2 changed did they change any of the other rates as well?
    I'm more concerned about forts, seeing how they are much more valuable and have a worse 4:1 ratio for the vaccine.

• @JadeClosers said:
    Its 2:1 for us because there is no fatigue and you can abuse tia with 15 chars, get lots of eb2. Other servers all hape fatigue
    Stuff are expensive because people are abusing tia and getting lots of money from it (1.5 months with 8 chars -> 1.5B minimum

That's assuming that most of the player base does Tiamat religiously every day on multiple characters though. Even then, you're not guaranteed an EB2 every time. I've done some runs and my friends have done runs where out of 4 characters, we've gotten only a single EB2. It's in the end still dependant on the drop rates for everything and just like @PlasticMemories said earlier, a 2:1 ratio would mean we would have to grind theoretically double of what other regions must farm to reach the same ends, and we're able to do so only because we have infinity stamina, which is something that EME implemented to please the game population. And yes sure EB2's right now are cheap, but that's also due to the fact that most of the people now have capped gear on multiple characters and don't see a reason why to enhance more when they're pleased with what they have. So they just put it on the BM and the prices slowly go down since the demand is going lower because a large proportion of the player base is happy with the 14/15 they have.

• The only people I know that run Tia are plat players; all the nonplats I know don't even run Tiamat :|

• Well this game for most people is an episodic thing. Only few people actually play it hardcore.
    I have most of the characters around level 80 (and I have all of them). Seth is at lvl 85, but I like her skills.
    Still this game, for most people, is boring after some time, because there is no real challenge. There is also no real raids or anything that even resemble mmorpg. It's made of quick dungeons that are 4-5 mins (at max) even at end game.
    If mechanics of bosses were at least interesting, but they aren't.
    There is no thrill nor feel of achievment.
    Publisher wants to earn as much money as they can from the game, so they probably limited the team behind the game as much as they can to actually release content from time to time (i mean the only thing they have to do it is translation and marketing stuff, rest of it is dealt by korean developer) to make true hardcore players still play it and spend money.
    Question is - is there anyway to make this game more appealing to people but I'm not game designer to actually know the answer to that...

• @HOHOILOVEU yes, the playerbase does tiamat every day because its the fastest way to gain credits&eb2 also, all the things you said goes to other servers too. Its much worse there because its all the same but they dont have infinite stamina and they cant spam runs. Thats why our fuel will be cheaper than other servers' fuel. Eb2 is cheap because the playerbase farmed alot of them from tiamat. Fuel may be a bit expensive in the start because we need it for beelzebub but thats all. It will be cheaper than the other servers

I get alot of eb2s every day from my tiamat runs with platinum (8 chars)

• YonggYongg Member, Player Council
    edited November 21

If we currently have more means to get eb2s thanks to infinite stamina what stops us from having more means to get the new fuels once we get the enhancement rework?
    I get what you're saying but it only makes sense if the new fuels were gated behind dungeons that required no stamina, If right now we can get more eb2s than KR players then theres nothing stopping us from also getting more new fuels once the new system comes.

• topic on population struggles is hitting me pretty hard ngl

• One of the things that brings a bit of concern to me is the whole gear enhancement system. Reading the explanation here:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/10577/new-updates-are-coming-to-closers-on-12-9-p23-branch-update
    It seems like something better in general.

However.... considering that this a Korean mmo and Korean mmos are well known for their crazy RNG level. And also considering that there will be a +17 enhancement level, which translate in +17 being the new +15, while +15 being the new +13. My fear is that a lot of non whales will get stuck at +12 +13 which will be the new +10 or +11.
    This may not seem as something so bad for our current content, but the problem comes when the new content becomes available.
    I remember not long ago someone put a video on the forum about some squad doing the new Yod, thing is the squad took like alf hour doing the thing and they almost fail it, the tcp of the guy on that squad was about the same as one of our whales. One of the user on forum said something like: "they are undergeared"
    If someone with that tcp takes that time doing said dungeon, imagine what will happen to your average +12 or + 13 squads.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they should give everything for free, I am not expicting for casual or ftp to be + 16 or +17, I understand that this is a business and that is mainly for the people that cash real money or the ones that are billionare in game. However my fear is that if everyone who is not trillionare in game get stuck at + 12 or +13, it will be imposible for them to even run those dungeon. I mean you don't see +10 people doing hell overflow unless someone carry them.

So my question is: Once +17 becomes the norm for the strongest people, will + 14 or +15 be the new +12/+13?
    Or most of people who is not + 15 already will never be able to even do those new dungeons?

• @Yongg said:
    If we currently have more means to get eb2s thanks to infinite stamina what stops us from having more means to get the new fuels once we get the enhancement rework?
    I get what you're saying but it only makes sense if the new fuels were gated behind dungeons that required no stamina, If right now we can get more eb2s than KR players then theres nothing stopping us from also getting more new fuels once the new system comes.

So the new GB in KR has a crafting restriction of 20 a week costing 10 reanimators each. The only way to farm them actually is to do endless elevator. Also the 2:1 on EB2 might seem fair or unfair in NA, but KR has a 7:1 on fortifer and NA is going to be 4:1, and generally speaking unless youre going to shell out 100 dollars for 33 vaccines they are hard to come by.

• @Rieid said:
    One of the things that brings a bit of concern to me is the whole gear enhancement system. Reading the explanation here:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/10577/new-updates-are-coming-to-closers-on-12-9-p23-branch-update

However.... considering that this a Korean mmo and Korean mmos are well known for their crazy RNG level. And also considering that there will be a +17 enhancement level, which translate in +17 being the new +15, while +15 being the new +13. My fear is that a lot of non whales will get stuck at +12 +13 which will be the new +10 or +11.
    This may not seem as something so bad for our current content, but the problem comes when the new content becomes available.
    I remember not long ago someone put a video on the forum about some squad doing the new Yod, thing is the squad took like alf hour doing the thing and they almost fail it, the tcp of the guy on that squad was about the same as one of our whales. One of the user on forum said something like: "they are undergeared"
    If someone with that tcp takes that time doing said dungeon, imagine what will happen to your average +12 or + 13 squads.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they should give everything for free, I am not expicting for casual or ftp to be + 16 or +17, I understand that this is a business and that is mainly for the people that cash real money or the ones that are billionare in game. However my fear is that if everyone who is not trillionare in game get stuck at + 12 or +13, it will be imposible for them to even run those dungeon. I mean you don't see +10 people doing hell overflow unless someone carry them.

So my question is: Once +17 becomes the norm for the strongest people, will + 14 or +15 be the new +12/+13?
    Or most of people who is not + 15 already will never be able to even do those new dungeons?

+15 does not equal +13 in the BB era. You can get away with clearing with +13 in the BB era, and obviously in KR they do have +14 boosters and etc to make it easier. And if you are F2P, it is possible to roll a 16 or 17 if you do the events since you get vaccines to RNG for them. The enhancement system change helps both F2P and P2P, but obviously P2P are going to get gear a lot easier.

Also with the raids it has more to do with ilvl than with actually TCP, since Puri of Sea is gated at ilvl 147, and you walk in with ilvl 140 youre gonna lose 35% of your damage and it's gonna take 20 min.

• YonggYongg Member, Player Council

@Xusuy said:

@Yongg said:

So the new GB in KR has a crafting restriction of 20 a week costing 10 reanimators each. The only way to farm them actually is to do endless elevator. Also the 2:1 on EB2 might seem fair or unfair in NA, but KR has a 7:1 on fortifer and NA is going to be 4:1, and generally speaking unless youre going to shell out 100 dollars for 33 vaccines they are hard to come by.

The new fuels drop from the same places EB2s drop.

• Probably none of you know me, but I quit back then when EME showed absolute neglect towards the issues concerning the server merge. Back in the early days of this game, EME actually cared and the game was really enjoyable up to recommandable. Sad to see after months of quitting that EME didn't get any better and still neglects the voice of the community. This game needs to die out and save the good old memories than make it worse.

• @Xusuy said:

@Rieid said:
    One of the things that brings a bit of concern to me is the whole gear enhancement system. Reading the explanation here:

+15 does not equal +13 in the BB era. You can get away with clearing with +13 in the BB era, and obviously in KR they do have +14 boosters and etc to make it easier. And if you are F2P, it is possible to roll a 16 or 17 if you do the events since you get vaccines to RNG for them. The enhancement system change helps both F2P and P2P, but obviously P2P are going to get gear a lot easier.

Also with the raids it has more to do with ilvl than with actually TCP, since Puri of Sea is gated at ilvl 147, and you walk in with ilvl 140 youre gonna lose 35% of your damage and it's gonna take 20 min.

Thanks for your reply, that clarify some doubts I had.

Another thing that Im not sure is what is stated here:

Reset and Loss will be removed and only Success (+1)/No Change/Failure (-1) will remain.
    Using a new [Fortifier] will prevent the Failure (-1) and reduce the risk dramatically.

The second line of that quote say that it will "prevent failure (-1) and reduce risk dramatically."
    The sentence may seem obvious but considering that first say prevent and then reduce risk which are not the same thing.
    Which one is it?
    I mean our current fortifiers block gear destruction and reset (also contamination in past) but you can still get a -1.
    Will this new fortifier completly prevent -1 and reduce the chance of not change?
    Or will just reduce the % of getting a -1?

• @Rieid said:

@Xusuy said:

@Rieid said:

Thanks for your reply, that clarify some doubts I had.

Another thing that Im not sure is what is stated here:

Reset and Loss will be removed and only Success (+1)/No Change/Failure (-1) will remain.
    Using a new [Fortifier] will prevent the Failure (-1) and reduce the risk dramatically.

The second line of that quote say that it will "prevent failure (-1) and reduce risk dramatically."
    The sentence may seem obvious but considering that first say prevent and then reduce risk which are not the same thing.
    Which one is it?
    I mean our current fortifiers block gear destruction and reset (also contamination in past) but you can still get a -1.
    Will this new fortifier completly prevent -1 and reduce the chance of not change?
    Or will just reduce the % of getting a -1?

prevents -1 Nexon showcased the change a while back not sure if most people saw it.

• so whatever my thought is: not only this game, whatever Online game from the US always behind and behind rest countries. Expect LOL ( leagues of legend) made the USA.
    game Dead bc their system is old and more of it they need money to pay Employee. but long term i know it will keep going who know like C9 or Vindictus they still alive same here as well.
    idk if p2w work here or not but seen on this game as long as u have money aka whale u are strong.
    i like this game bc i only afk all-day wear kawaii outfit and afk. the main one i want to show how kawaii am i still they made a lot ch for some reason ( crew ch ) and limit people in ch i know it caught lag for who use old pc or cant effort strong 1. this game is weaker than blade and soul.
    and the prices limit in the market and tax hell sh*t.im just say what im feeling and thinking . right now im enjoy the game bc afk all day nothing to do, people too strong they can solo rarely find a new player still hard and hard to help them.
    last thing i wish this game is dead and offline i don't care money i spent already $2k in 6month .right now i play just wait when this game exactly die or shut down like ( overlord anime ).
    thank you. NO money don't play this game, and for new player u should find a partner or good friend in-game
    more passive help u continue otherwise u will get boring soon.
    1st times when i played this game i asked for help and carry me , im too lazy but they only help 1 or 2 times even join crew , they so selfies and solo . I swear once i stronger i will afk and wait who need help or carry only 1 Main character not alts for some 1 tried play many alts for farming gold,

• As someone who just installed, I'll assume after reading this that this game is NOT worth starting so late? :p

• The biggest problem is the lack of updates. The last meaningful update was triggers and it was in August, meaning it has been almost 4 months without a meaningful update, everything in between was an event with garbage rewards or TF update. That said, now after months of nothing we will finally get an update, so it is the best time to start the game.

• as i kept saying problem with this game
    !:lack of contents
    2:bad rates in everything drop-enhance-trans-gacha etc..
    3:bad events and boring not fun to do it, cos no good rewards
    4:expensive BM and greed they could limit BM to like 300m or 500m which make BM more alive ppl sell over 1b cos BM limit 700m which insane not all ppl run tia or have 15 chars to get gold
    5:they dont listen to players which whole this thing non sense for em and will ignore it till game die and bring another game kill it and repeat ,
    they dont understand ppl who complains loyal to this game and want it to success cos we all having much fun and we dont need waste all time we spent for nothing

• @Beelzeboss3D said:
    As someone who just installed, I'll assume after reading this that this game is NOT worth starting so late? :p

Game is okay, but don't expect it to be your typical mmorpg.