The Development Roadmap has been updated! Check it out right here: https://closers.enmasse.com/community/development-road-map

Couple of Questions for a Returning Player

Heyo,

The last time I played this game was in April 2018 when Purification was the biggest thing.A lot has changed since the last time I played and I'm not too sure what I should do now. I just have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone kind and helpful could answer. Right now I'm just completing the story to level up my character.

1) What's the level cap right now?
2) Should I be doing purification and transcending the gear?
3) What changed with the upgrading system?
4) Anything changed with Yuri?

These are all the questions I have at the top of my head atm. I have more, but cant seem to remember right now. Here are a picture of my stats and gear if that helps (I think i post the picture correctly. Sorry if it didnt come out correctly). Thanks in advance! https://imgur.com/a/HhbFRbS

Comments

• BekirBekir Member

Level cap 86
    yeah Puri or hofman module
    upgrade now; more easy
    yuri; i dont know

• RieidRieid Member
    edited January 10

2)Yeah, you should do purification and contamination hell to farm the materials needed to make the pilgrim trinket set which is the 2 purification trinket combined. You can also get the puri weapon/mods and transcend it at least to stage 3 (fanto I think was the name for the weapon at that stage)

You also should try to do both Wolfgang and Hoffman training programs. Those 2 bosses give you the bug lumps that are needed to craft the Demon's Night set. This set is part of the content that came after puri and contamination hell that way you can try to do Beelzebub side Bosses and dungeons (not raid) in order to farm those weapons, but focus on puri first.

In case you have some friend that is willing to carry you in the whole beelzebub sides and side bosses, you could even use some of the mats from those dungeons to craft boxes which can give you contamination hell and hoffman/wolfgang mats which could even speed up your farming more., still I advice you to get a bit more geared in order to survive there.
    Those Beelzebub side bosses have a chance to drop the new weapon/mods which are our current end game gear and more powerful than puri. That gear can also be transcended with mats from those same dungeons.

3)you can now trade purification mats for contamination hell ones (only for the trinkets and one of the mods)
    Crafting The demons night set is more easy now since it requires less bug lumps: 30 from wolf and 60 from Offman for the full set.

4)They changed her face a bit, but I am not a Yuri main so can notice too much difference. She also got her Task force, so you can learn a New Special movement (combined Attack with Violet and Bai ) and a few passive skills. You can also craft task force uniform. All that can be done in the fantasy world dream theater hub.

• I think the big change to yuri since the time you played is ex rapid fire. They increased the buff duration from 10s to 20s and made the explosive bullets buff on the other skills permanent so you dont always have to spam it to keep the other skills buffed. Other small changes is some damage increase and longer buff duration

• an advice dont touch the game just p2w in every way and server already empty and rates so bad

• @ADalawl said:
    game just p2w in every way

oh yeah? then explain what you think is p2w in this game, because it's definitely not

• RieidRieid Member

@ADalawl said:
    an advice dont touch the game just p2w in every way and server already empty and rates so bad

Not really. While the game does have some gacha and cash shop elements, you don't really need money to progress in the story or to complete the hardest raids and dungeons.
    For me a real p2w game is one in which you literally need money to progress in the game... Or a game which allow you to buy pvp gear directly from the cash shop.

Good example of p2w games could be:
    Old Archage in which pretty much everything was behind a loot box. Not sure if the new version is p2w tho.
    Other example is PWI: In that game people could buy mats for pvp gear directly from their cash shop. Considering that it is an open world MMO you could be one shot for any whale if you played on a pvp server or if you activate pvp mode on a pve server. Also same can be said about all their pvp events in which you had a single whale able to aoe and one shot 10 or more people easily.

• BekirBekir Member

@ADalawl said:
    an advice dont touch the game just p2w in every way and server already empty and rates so bad

Please learn the meaning of P2w
    As f2p, I do all the dungeons alone.

@Rieid said:

I agree, you can get everything by playing F2p in the game

• This game can be anything but a p2w. You can do everything and play any character. You can make ALL the characters and play them to the endgame, no cashing needed. This game is EXTREMELY f2p friendly. The only major qualms you can have is with mEME's/Naddick's set rates for gacha system, which is complete dogshit. Most of their "deals" suck ass too. All in all great game.

• You can literally buy character power > Not pay to win. I don't really follow lol.

• @Vagath said:
    You can literally buy character power > Not pay to win. I don't really follow lol.

This.

• @Vagath said:
    You can literally buy character power > Not pay to win. I don't really follow lol.

Except free to play players participate in endgame content, BB 12-man dungeons. My main is 4.6m Tein, and I got two alts at a little more than 3m TCP and I'm free to play for everything except costumes x)
    If you want your character to be perfect: perfect SS tunes on everything, high enhances numbers on gear. You're gonna have to pay, but you aren't winning anything except a cosmetic border if you manage to place Top 3 of your character.

• @Ray676 said:

@Vagath said:

Except free to play players participate in endgame content, BB 12-man dungeons. My main is 4.6m Tein, and I got two alts at a little more than 3m TCP and I'm free to play for everything except costumes x)
    If you want your character to be perfect: perfect SS tunes on everything, high enhances numbers on gear. You're gonna have to pay, but you aren't winning anything except a cosmetic border if you manage to place Top 3 of your character.

And costumes doesn't bring power.... just please :D.

• RieidRieid Member

@AoiRyuu said:

@Ray676 said:

@Vagath said:

I get your point but... Do you need signature costumes or fancy stats to beat the game?
    P2w literally means that the only way to progress in a game or in order to win it you would need to pay real money.
    Or in best case that is almost impossible for a f2p to progress in the game.

Maybe from a pvp perspective this game is p2w. I can't talk about that 'cause is not my main focus on this game. Also considering that the game main focus is pve and that there is pretty much no monetary barrier to advance in any of the dungeons or raids I can't really say that is p2w.

A thing that may be considered p2w in a competitive pve event would be elite, as example: a player with no elite will be at disadvantage against one with it in something like divine battle, this due elite or platinum giving more daily entries to the dungeon. But aside from that I don't really see much competition from a pve stand point.

Are eme and naddic greedy? yes, like pretty much all companies out there. But do you need real money to win the game? Not really.

Do you need +7 million tcp and everything +17/SS tunned to beat David, Hoffman, Yod, Hell or even the new raid?
    Not at all.

Now to be fair: Naddic is definitely going the pw2 road, this can be seen in some of the Korean updates and even some of the updates we are getting soon. I can assume that this is mainly due Nexon becoming even more greedy than before. They been shutting down games like crazy, canceling projects and firing people worldwide. So even if Nexon handles the game really well in Korea (way better than eme here in my opinion) I am pretty sure that Naddic is freaking out the moment, 'cause they know that if this game doesn't generate enough revenue it will be immediately shut down by Nexon, there will be no second chances, no change in strategy. That is the new approach of that company now.

• Why would you not want the best for your character? This is like the patrick rayman meme lol

• @AoiRyuu said:

@Ray676 said:

@Vagath said:

And costumes aren't craftable by in-game means??? XDDDDDDDDD

• Thanks for the help guys. It's really helpful.

I have one more question.

Would it even be worth to continuing playing this game?

Based on the the current game state and stuff I'm been reading on the forum/discord, in my honest opinion, it feels like this game is slowly dying and will be eventually close. After returning and playing for a couple of days, i forgot how god dam fun this game is.But, I don't know if I want to invest into a dying game. It's kinda a huge turnoff for me.

Maybe someone can offer me some good advice. Thanks in advance!

• AoiRyuuAoiRyuu Member
    edited January 12

@Ray676 said:

@AoiRyuu said:

@Ray676 said:

@Vagath said:

And costumes aren't craftable by in-game means??? XDDDDDDDDD

You claim you are f2p and in the same post say that you p2w your costumes. xD xD xD xD xD xD xD xD.

Rieid - I agree with you, progress is possible, it's pretty hard without paying, but it's possible.

Yes, the game will close (as enmasse is known for closing stuff pretty fast), but I doubt it will close this year. Rather in 2-3 years. And I hope I'm not wrong about that. The problem enmasse have is that they have 2 titles that bring them money right now - Tera and Closers. Unless they will be able to get hold of something pretty big (like for example Lost Ark), the company itself may go out of the market in upcoming years.