Awakened Tiamat pet fix when ? :thonk:

imma leave this as a subject/topic of discussion/rant.

Only thing i can really say now is.... is it that hard for naddic to remove awakened tia's effects that we have to wait possibly till a branch update for it to get fixed in this server ? i really doubt.
Should just fix the tia pet already. I mean its something that REALLY affects the game's performance and fps. its not a new raid or something that takes time to come. it's just a "fix" KR already has and is killing the fps on world in sectors if it occurs.
To anyone that would say "just get a grem", why waste credits and time for a game development problem. tiamat pet has been problematic since forever and at this point if devs/en masse are that incompetent about fixing an already fixed in KR bug , just remove tia pet from world and give tia users a grem pet since its the one closest to tia. ( which is pretty impossible but im just saying. )

Summing it up to one sentence: "Fix tia already."

Comments

• I've rarely if ever encountered this issue, do you know what the conditions are for it to occur?

For the most part I'm soloing things for dailies besides BB in which I generally run with my crew and I go solo veins and back then core alone or something. Is this something that occurs in party play? I'm curious for more info.

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member
    edited January 24

@Muryoku said:
    I've rarely if ever encountered this issue, do you know what the conditions are for it to occur?

So.. based on my current info and what i've seen from KR and what i've seen from world here's what happens.
    It only occurs on party runs. ( 3 man / 4 man have been the only ones i've seen it. 4 man for the most part )
    the "bug"/issue will be visible on your tiamat. the problem is that she's overloaded with more particles / effects than should be there and it ends up causing FPS problems to the whole squad. not everyone is affected on the same level from what i've seen. sometimes i can lag less than others and sometimes way more.
    From what i've recently noticed and im not sure of is , the more awakened tiamats you have in the 4 man pt, the more the chances of it to occur. idk if thats actually a thing 100% but from what i've been noticing in bb runs and stuff lately its been the case.

What KR did to fix that was remove the particles / effects awk tia emits and just have her be a "black" verson of normal tiamat without those extra particles , since without particles the ""overload"" cant happen. From what i hear after that it was fixed in KR.
    Recently when there's 2 or 3 tia pets in the same squad in BB , i've been having this more and more often. whereas when there's only 1 tia i dont see it that often. and when i solo BB or other stuff it has never occured, so i doubt it happens in solo (?)
    not sure if thats satisfying info to replicate it. i can try gathering some clips from here and there with it but it'll take time.

Many people have had or at least have noticed this problem for a long time now to the point awk tiamat has kinda become a meme in some cases.

• Please EME fix this asap, this bug makes any dungeon it happens in unplayable

• Oh yeah, whenever I'm doing Hell/BB/OF or anything with 4man squad and there's Tiamat pet... Holy sht xD KR fixed that, maybe EME will do it soon

• @CerealXKiller said:
    maybe EME will do it soon

Yeah. thats why i tried making this post. to maybe raise some awareness to them that the bug is annoying and we want it fixed already. It's already here for quite a while so i hope they really aren't waiting for a branch update to fix it ( the one in may/june ). all they gotta do is remove the particles from tia.

• @Muryoku said:
    I've rarely if ever encountered this issue, do you know what the conditions are for it to occur?
    For the most part I'm soloing things for dailies besides BB in which I generally run with my crew and I go solo veins and back then core alone or something. Is this something that occurs in party play? I'm curious for more info.

weird flex but okay

• @AgentAri said:

@Muryoku said:

weird flex but okay

I fail to see how it's a flex when I'm clearly asking if it's a party occurrence in which I got my answer, thank you for the useless input though.

• @Muryoku said:

I fail to see how it's a flex when I'm clearly asking if it's a party occurrence in which I got my answer, thank you for the useless input though.

I think this is funny so I'll explain: through this thread's discussion topic, you could have easily just said that you mostly play solo so you aren't familiar with the tia pet screwing up people's game performance while easily omitting that you solo Veins, Back, and Core in your crew's BB raids.

But for whatever reason, you had to specify that you do in fact solo these battles when no one had really asked for those details. Hence, weird flex but okay.

What's equally as entertaining is that you weren't aware of this. Pepega

Anyways, I've had an issue with the tia pet as well and this thread was very educational; I'm glad I'm not the only one and I hope EME fixes the issue soon. Toodles~!

• @Muryoku said:

@AgentAri said:

@Muryoku said:

weird flex but okay

imagine being this unaware

• as part of my daily routine i usually go solo gangnam district and guro station, and then maybe i'll go do andras operation alone or something - so for the most part i, too, am soloing and haven't encountered this particular issue.

but i hope all you folks who enjoy party play get it fixed soon.

• @noctred said:
    as part of my daily routine i usually go solo gangnam district and guro station, and then maybe i'll go do andras operation alone or something - so for the most part i, too, am soloing and haven't encountered this particular issue.

but i hope all you folks who enjoy party play get it fixed soon.

weird flex but okay

• This happens only to other members in your party, it will not affect you

• Ray676Ray676 Member

This needs more attention. Very simple to fix the issue just remove the particle effects from the pet.. This issue more and more noticable every new patch since everyone is queueing for whatever new dungeon there is. Most people have a Tia Pet by now since they drop in price every CMC.

There's many many many bugs in this game that get literally zero attention and have been here since the day they came up. Makes me think that no one at enmasse gives a shit about the quality of the game or pleasing customers.. Game is in need of serious attention but I just don't know why it doesn't get it.

• occaocca Member

How about an option to turn off pet graphics
    basically your pet would still be there but not displayed

• MaouRexMaouRex Member

The solution is that just make the particle effect tone down to 1/4 of original of the pet.

Everytime i see 2 or 3 people using tia in my squad in BB raid or hell just makes me wanna exit the game. yes fps drops like hell while only 1 tia doesn't make that much problem with fps
    This topic has been coming every month i think and eme haven't taken any action to fix this. Do they really wanna kill the game

• Ray676Ray676 Member

@MaouRex said:
    The solution is that just make the particle effect tone down to 1/4 of original of the pet.

Everytime i see 2 or 3 people using tia in my squad in BB raid or hell just makes me wanna exit the game. yes fps drops like hell while only 1 tia doesn't make that much problem with fps
    This topic has been coming every month i think and eme haven't taken any action to fix this. Do they really wanna kill the game

or just remove the particle effect since that's what is the root cause of the lag. no use toning it down since it will still cause problems in party play

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member
    edited April 5

At this point we should be one month or so away from the tiamat fix. It SHOULD be coming with the next branch update/ rebalance patch which is in about 1-1.5 month i suppose. Particle effects of tiamat pet will be removed completely like it happened on KR.

The thing is EME needs to understand that such simple solution took wayyy too long to come on the servers. On the other hand I think that they understand and just not care about it.Such a long time for such a simple fix. hopefully these kinds of incompetences change along the way.