Why am I getting low FPS over time?

I have vsync enabled, a 60Hz monitor and my computer is only using half of its CPU, GPU and RAM, yet over the course of about 90 minutes the game's frame rate slowly decreases to the point where I can actually count the frames per second. I tried restarting my computer, repairing the game and even reinstalling the game completely and this problem still persists.

Is Closers just unoptmized and needs to be restarted regularly in order to play it smoothly?

Best Answer

• edited February 11 Accepted Answer

Well, closing the launcher after the game opens didn't fix the problem, but I did notice something.

The game's frame rate goes down dramatically while not focused, such as when I'm doing something in Chrome or reading something in Discord. Sometimes the frame rate improves a little once I click back onto the game, but usually the frame rate remains laggy. I've never seen a game's frame rate tank while not in focus unless it was a configurable system setting.

Answers

• Closers is poorly optimized and known for having a memory leak issue which causes lag over time. if you play through Steam and take a lot of screenshots in Closers find the folder and clean them all out. go through each one of your characters and get as many side quests done as possible and restart the game after. if I ignore all side quests which I usually do until a character is around lvl 70 the game does start to lag more for that character. after the game launches close the enmasse launcher, it usually freezes after being open for 2 or 3 hours anyway and just wastes memory.

• I don't play through Steam and don't have many characters with incomplete sidequests (I have two in the 80s and three in the 20s), however I did keep the launcher open while playing. I'll try closing the launcher and seeing if the framerate drop happens again, and try to remember what I was doing if/when it happens.

• @Brighton said:
    I don't play through Steam and don't have many characters with incomplete sidequests (I have two in the 80s and three in the 20s), however I did keep the launcher open while playing. I'll try closing the launcher and seeing if the framerate drop happens again, and try to remember what I was doing if/when it happens.

Refresh the game when you experience fps drop the process is that simple, 5 minutes: D

• Well, ever since the latest patch I haven't been noticing any FPS drops when I unfocus the game. I don't want to jinx it, but I think the devs may have fixed this issue which makes me one happy returning player.

• @Brighton said:
    I have vsync enabled, a 60Hz monitor and my computer is only using half of its CPU, GPU and RAM, yet over the course of about 90 minutes the game's frame rate slowly decreases to the point where I can actually count the frames per second. I tried restarting my computer, repairing the game and even reinstalling the game completely and this problem still persists.

Is Closers just unoptmized and needs to be restarted regularly in order to play it smoothly?

Im having the same problem. I even tried to repair launcher and run diagnostics, but I still get the fps drops from time to time. Restarting and repairing doesn't work for me...