text not found, help

I keep getting an error that says "Text not found. ST_CLIENT_STRING_80"
it pops up after the game loads but before I get to the start menu...
I am using Steam to play, but I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling through steam, tried running a diagnostic and repair through the Closers' launcher, and verified the game files through Steam.
after uninstalling, and verifying it will say that the game files are fine. but after opening the game and getting the Text not found error and then verifying the game, it says files failed to validate and needed to be reaquired.
please help, I haven't played in about a month and have been really wanting to play again :'(

Comments

• when you uninstalled it did you delete the Closers game folder in you steamapps? once the game has been completely removed from your computer download and install it again and see if anything changes. if you are still getting the same error after that take screenshots of it and submit a ticket. Enmasse usually always responds within 2 days.

• BekirBekir Member
    edited February 21

@Aridenn said:
    I keep getting an error that says "Text not found. ST_CLIENT_STRING_80"
    it pops up after the game loads but before I get to the start menu...
    I am using Steam to play, but I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling through steam, tried running a diagnostic and repair through the Closers' launcher, and verified the game files through Steam.
    after uninstalling, and verifying it will say that the game files are fine. but after opening the game and getting the Text not found error and then verifying the game, it says files failed to validate and needed to be reaquired.
    please help, I haven't played in about a month and have been really wanting to play again :'(

@Negumiko said:
    when you uninstalled it did you delete the Closers game folder in you steamapps? once the game has been completely removed from your computer download and install it again and see if anything changes. if you are still getting the same error after that take screenshots of it and submit a ticket. Enmasse usually always responds within 2 days.

that's right, many files still remain on your computer even if you uninstall the game
    Some files still remain on the computer, even if you uninstall it from the control panel

• I hadn't thought of that, so I went back, uninstalled and made sure to remove it from my library as well (and double checked that Closers was completely uninstalled from my computer) and then reinstalled it but the same issue keeps happening :(

• @Aridenn said:
    I hadn't thought of that, so I went back, uninstalled and made sure to remove it from my library as well (and double checked that Closers was completely uninstalled from my computer) and then reinstalled it but the same issue keeps happening :(

send a ticket is best for you :smile:
    Have you tried downloading the game from normal Eme launcher ?
    I did not encounter any problems in Eme launcher since I did not play on Steam.

• a1gundama1gundam Member
    edited February 22

Registry issue maybe? When you uninstalled the game did you use CCleaner or something to scan your computer for any leftover registry files before installing it again? I doubt it would make a difference but something you could try while waiting on EME support.

Also, when playing on Steam, the EME launcher is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\closers. You could try playing from here but Steam won't track your playtime this way.

• I removed all of the files from my computer again and tried installing the normal launcher and it seems to be working great~!
    thanks for all your help :)
    it's good to be able to play again :)

• I'm have the same string_80 issue, tried repair and the Steam files check but it didn't worked.

Don't know what is causing this thing but as I see I'm not the only one having this issue on Steam.....

• AkyumeeAkyumee Member

@Negumiko said:
    when you uninstalled it did you delete the Closers game folder in you steamapps? once the game has been completely removed from your computer download and install it again and see if anything changes. if you are still getting the same error after that take screenshots of it and submit a ticket. Enmasse usually always responds within 2 days.

I'll try