Setting to hide the skills other players use

edited March 27 in Closers Feedback

The title for this discussion is pretty much the idea for something that could be added in.

For me personally when it comes to playing the game, I find that a character such as Seth, Wolfgang, Bai, and other characters that have very flashy screen clogging skills; will entirely drop my frames with the amount of skills they can dish out. Not to mention their skills since they clog the screen, can tend to make it so the boss your fighting with them isn't visible. This especially occurs with small bosses such as Wolfgang and Hoffman, and now Misook.

If the setting to hide the effects for the skills that other Players use was available, this would not only help with the framerate issue I personally am having, but would also make it easier to see the boss so I can tell when certain moves I have to dodge are about to occur, or where the boss is. Since sometimes for me I will be facing away from the boss thinking im hitting it, but not hitting it because so much stuff is overtop of it that I cannot see where it is.

The skill frames of course can still be there, but just being able to hide the massive amount of skills that get tossed around during a boss fight, would make it much more manageable on some PCs that have lower tier Performance, and or just make it easier for people to manage positions when fighting.

Just try doing a BB Raid with 3 Seths in your party, its pretty much asking to not be able to play due to the low framerate (At least for me) and not being able to deal damage cause you dont know where the heck the boss is.

Comments

• theres an option in-game to turn down/off skill effects of yourself/other players/enemies

• AclousAclous Member

@whaehawhat said:
    theres an option in-game to turn down/off skill effects of yourself/other players/enemies

Yes but while that option is there, it tones down my skill effects, which then will in turn make me not know if my skills properly hit. Toning it down on enemies as well could possibly make it so that I wouldn't know when it requires for me to dodge certain attacks. Making it so I will die 90% of the time, and I dont want to waste res capsules on that.

• @Aclous said:

@whaehawhat said:
    theres an option in-game to turn down/off skill effects of yourself/other players/enemies

Yes but while that option is there, it tones down my skill effects, which then will in turn make me not know if my skills properly hit. Toning it down on enemies as well could possibly make it so that I wouldn't know when it requires for me to dodge certain attacks. Making it so I will die 90% of the time, and I dont want to waste res capsules on that.

The three options are separate. You can lower FOE (your teammates' effects) without lowering your own skill effect or the enemy's.