I've got a resolution kind of problem

So, I have this problem in the game and I don't know how to fix it. When I open, let's say, the black market, for example, it always shows big, it seems like it cannot fit on my monitor. I always have to drag the tab all the way to the bottom just to exit or just press 'esc' since I cannot see the 'x' logo cause as I said, the tab is too big. I tried lowering the resolution to the lowest possible but that doesn't fix my problem, is the problem on my monitor itself? pls help me. Thank you in advance

Comments

• RieidRieid Member

That seems to be a common problem for a lot of people with laptop and old monitors with lower resolution.

One thing to keep in mind: If you lower your resolution it will actually make it worse since the GUI will display even bigger if the resolution of the game is lower than your monitor.

• @Rieid said:
    That seems to be a common problem for a lot of people with laptop and old monitors with lower resolution.

One thing to keep in mind: If you lower your resolution it will actually make it worse since the GUI will display even bigger if the resolution of the game is lower than your monitor.

So, no solution unless I get a new monitor?

• @Rieid said:

Thank you btw for taking your time to comment

• RieidRieid Member
    edited March 28

What is your monitor native resolution?
    Also not sure if you play on windowed or full screen mode.

The people I know that have this same problem use either laptops or monitors with resolutions lower than full hd, that could be something like XGA(1024 x 768) or WXGA (1366x768) and other lower ones. In some cases the OS or maybe the monitor was actually capable somehow to scale the image.
    In the case of a more modern monitor full hd (1920x1080) or higer if you play in a non native resolution the UI will be huge, this even if you are playing on full screen.
    In larger resolutions (4k) the UI and text is too small.

What you can try to do:
    Check that you are playing at your monitor native resolution, since the lower the resolution of the game is compared to the native one, the bigger the UI will look.
    If you are playing on window mode, you can try to play in full screen and see if that fix it. Same can be applied if you are on Full screen.
    One problem is that Closers doesn't seem to support UI scaling.

1920 x 1080 seems to be the ideal resolution for the UI on this game or maybe a bit lower in some cases.
    There was even a suggestion about this not much long ago from people that have similar problems: https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/9803/ui-reduction

• @Rieid said:

Thank you btw for taking your time to comment> @Rieid said:

What is your monitor native resolution?
    Also not sure if you play on windowed or full screen mode.

The people I know that have this same problem use either laptops or monitors with resolutions lower than full hd, that could be something like XGA(1024 x 768) or WXGA (1366x768) and other lower ones. In some cases the OS or maybe the monitor was actually capable somehow to scale the image.
    In the case of a more modern monitor full hd (1920x1080) or higer if you play in a non native resolution the UI will be huge, this even if you are playing on full screen.
    In larger resolutions (4k) the UI and text is too small.

What you can try to do:
    Check that you are playing at your monitor native resolution, since the lower the resolution of the game is compared to the native one, the bigger the UI will look.
    If you are playing on window mode, you can try to play in full screen and see if that fix it. Same can be applied if you are on Full screen.
    One problem is that Closers doesn't seem to support UI scaling.

1920 x 1080 seems to be the ideal resolution for the UI on this game or maybe a bit lower in some cases.
    There was even a suggestion about this not much long ago from people that have similar problems: https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/9803/ui-reduction

I checked it on Control Panel and it says that my monitor's native resolution is 1366 x 768, and it's the highest one and I've been switching from windowed to fullscreen every time I change the game's resolution and still does not resolve my prob, and thank you again :))