Closers wont launch issue.

Hey so I wanted to ask the steam users for Closers, do you guys have an issue, especially with Busan being the current update, where sometimes after you've been playing the game for a while, it just decides not to launch anymore when you hit play in steam?

For me, right now I have this issue and its happened a few times. I play Closers for a bit, in fact as of this message I was playing about 2 hours ago but got off to take a small break. But when I try to launch it now it says running, but then closes soon after as if it had given up trying to launch.

Anyone else got this issue? Only way to fix it then seems to be verifying the game files which then results in you having to reinstall the full game again, and update once more for Busan. I hope im not alone in this, since this is getting to be extremely annoying to deal with.
Its not my internet nor my performance. I've been able to play the game fine, and my internet connection is smooth hence why I was able to post this while listening to my youtube playlist of music.

If anyone else is experencing this its nice to know, and if anyone has a way to solve it so it doesnt happen again I would love that. Since again, its very annoying having to go through a 1 - 2 hour process of installing the game each time.

Also an error pops up as well sometimes, telling me that the launcher could not be launched and to restart it and try again, or reboot my PC. I have tried both, and it still doesnt work. Only way to solve it from what I can tell is to verify the game files through steam properties.

I know I should take this post to a support ticket, but I want to ask the community before I annoy the support crew.

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko Member
    edited April 1

I have never had this issue with Closers on steam before. sometimes steam randomly decides to be annoying so try fully closing steam and restarting it. maybe try clearing your steam cache data as well. it could be your antivirus program depending on what you are using, my antivirus hates a lot of the games I play until I add them to the exceptions list.

• AclousAclous Member

@Negumiko said:
    I have never had this issue with Closers on steam before. sometimes steam randomly decides to be annoying so try fully closing steam and restarting it. maybe try clearing your steam cache data as well. it could be your antivirus program depending on what you are using, my antivirus hates a lot of the games I play until I add them to the exceptions list.

Well I technically full close steam and Closers when it comes to restarting my PC so I dont see how that would help given how I technically tried to do that.
    Clearing the cache is something yes, but I have to verify the files when it comes to this situation and it tells me that 67 files failed to validate (As of this comment I had to do this again) and I have to get them all back, resulting in my pretty much having to reinstall the entire Busan update and nearly the full game, a process that takes about an hour depending on how good my internet is at the time.

Anti-Virus wise, this was an issue I never had previously with Closers and im using the same Anti-Virus software. This all started to happen with Busan, and more specifically when Week 3 came out.
    Excluding wise, I could do that the only issue is I dont really know how. I believe what I use is Microsoft Security essentials so if you can tell me how to do that through that software it would be wonderful (Of course I can google and perhaps will if this persists further).

• a1gundama1gundam Member
    edited April 5

The Steam version comes with the official EME launcher in the install location folder. Try using that instead of the Steam launcher. You'll probably have to reinstall again tho. Besides that, if you're only using Microsoft Security Essentials, I strongly recommend you to use anti-malware with it. Malwarebytes is good. I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and between the two my computer runs great. CCleaner is nice too for cleaning up junk. Try those programs if you haven't before.

• NegumikoNegumiko Member

@a1gundam said:
    The Steam version comes with the official EME launcher in the install location folder. Try using that instead of the Steam launcher. You'll probably have to reinstall again tho. Besides that, if you're only using Microsoft Security Essentials, I strongly recommend you to use anti-malware with it. Malwarebytes is good. I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and between the two my computer runs great. CCleaner is nice too for cleaning up junk. Try those programs if you haven't before.

just want to add a little to this. I pay for Trend Micro Internet Security and I also recommend using the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware.