Suggestions for changes in CLOSERS

edited April 8 in Closers Feedback

If you comment please consider saving time based on:

Compare NA server with Korean server or players
Criticize ENMASSE (waste of time)
Useful and POSITIVE ideas are appreciated
Imagine you are a new player

A. Players can use chat 1 time per minute and they can buy items if they want to write more

B. Asking for help or groups for END GAME content is necessary and fun, asking for help with all the content including the 2 years ago raids, is not.

C. Currently the end game should be:
Yod’s Apocalypse
All Busan content
All content related to Beelzebub
All content from: Fantasy World-Dream Theater

D. Maintain daily entry limits to any raid (OLD and NEW), eliminate item/tokens requirement in OLD content
two limit systems.

E. As in any MMORPG, reduce life and damage to 50% or less of old content, so the player feel a progress of the game:
Battle Programs: Wolfgang, Hoffman
Subjugation Programs: Irina, David Lane
Contamination Hell: Harpas, Tindalos, Nitocris, old Yod

F. Reduce the number of tokens (Materials) to buy items from OLD content.

G. Break the enter barrier for new players (leaving the game) in cases like:
Problems reaching level 80 (72-80)
Problems reaching level 85
Difficulty in getting weapons and equipment in general (65->83)

Solved by 5, 6

-- I do not mention in any case aesthetic elements of the game, I do not ask for gifts
in form of items or weapons, I want an improvement in the overall game experience
taking advantage of the in game not used content.

Comments

• Ray676Ray676 Member

Option to turn off all npc voices.

Inventory increase to effect entire account instead of one character.

More Bank space.

Make old materials account bankable.(Transcend Dust, Reactives, etc)

Stop the half assed event rewards.(Like the current Puri Wep+Mods +13 for free with tokens. But they are only T3, essentially worthless unless you spend Tons of materials to keep +13 while transcending.) Go all the way, it's entry level gear, make it T5.

Stop making useless consumables temporary it eats to much inventory space.(Recently got some Time limited Stat Juice, instantly trashed them because it's not worth an inventory slot for such a bad consumable) More examples are most potions.

Make a universal entry key item or remove all of them.(Again, so much inventory space for old entry items) Currently have like 7 different keys in my inventory.

All I can think of atm, I have more to suggest like fixing bugs that have been in the game since CBT and character releases. Like Wolfgang is the only character that has a cutscene play when he ressurects, obvious bug never fixed. But honestly no point listing those since they will never get patched or fixed.

• Tina has had it for longer than wolfgang

• MuczaczaMuczacza Member

A. wow so many ppl spam on chat ... really bruh game is dead dunno on which channel you are but just change it
    B. so what do u think new players should do ? solo david/irina tiamat ? imagine you're new player u want to solo any raid ?
    D. why ? its not hard to make them so just why, u dont need that much materials
    E. its raids so why they should make it easier. new players should ask for help oh sorry I forgot B: "asking for help with all the content including the 2 years ago raids, is no fun "
    F. they did it already

Make old materials account bankable.(Transcend Dust, Reactives, etc) - so just make it easier for old players

Stop making useless consumables temporary it eats to much inventory space. THIS IS FIRST GOOD IDEA

Stop the half assed event rewards. Like the current Puri Wep+Mods +13 for free with tokens. It would be unfair to make it T5 for all old players.

• Regarding making the "old" puri materials bank shareable, is a total nonsense. It only makes Yod's sea equipment easier for old players.

• Ray676Ray676 Member

@Muczacza said:
    A. wow so many ppl spam on chat ... really bruh game is dead dunno on which channel you are but just change it
    B. so what do u think new players should do ? solo david/irina tiamat ? imagine you're new player u want to solo any raid ?
    D. why ? its not hard to make them so just why, u dont need that much materials
    E. its raids so why they should make it easier. new players should ask for help oh sorry I forgot B: "asking for help with all the content including the 2 years ago raids, is no fun "
    F. they did it already

Make old materials account bankable.(Transcend Dust, Reactives, etc) - so just make it easier for old players

Stop making useless consumables temporary it eats to much inventory space. THIS IS FIRST GOOD IDEA

Stop the half assed event rewards. Like the current Puri Wep+Mods +13 for free with tokens. It would be unfair to make it T5 for all old players.

How is is making it T5 unfair? It's entry level gear ffs, how does it effect older players at all? Most people who've been playing for a long ass time have BB gear and at the very least upgraded to WG/Hoffman modules with BB wep. Like I already said, that you obviously ignored completely for whatever reason, +13 AT T3 means you have to use excess materials to keep the 13, if you don't keep the +13 you lose out on hundreds of millions worth of enhancing. Newer players are obviously going to have a bottleneck problem with materials with crafting everything else, so there is NO POINT in making the event reward a T3 rather than T5, it adds too much material usage on an RNG transcend attempt just to keep the 13.. It's incompetence on Enmasse's side and that's a fact.

As for everything else who the actual fuck cares if 'making old mats bankable' makes it easier for old players. Because I really need 2 or 3 stacks of transcendant dust on a single character just wasting space. This applies to all players, especially once you start finishing your gear and you watch all the materials just start piling up and you have no use for them.

@JadeClosers said:
    Tina has had it for longer than wolfgang

Tina has no cutscene?? imagine typing like this in my direction

• RieidRieid Member

@Setsuna000

Just a few things to keep in mind:

B. Asking for help or groups for END GAME content is necessary and fun, asking for help with all the content including the 2 years ago raids, is not.

The problem of your approach is that you are giving for a fact that all the people helping dislike to help in old content and loves to help in new one. However you have to keep in mind that most of players will not be willing to carry a squad full of extremely under-geared people unless the carry is extremely OP.
    Most people sure like to brag about how helpful they are, but if your average veteran player have to choose between:

1) Doing a raid with people with same or better gear than them which would take them 2 to 5 minutes.
    2) Or to carry 3 other weak people and either finish in half hour or even fail.
    I can assure you that they will pick option 1 most of the time if not 10 out of 10.
    Now to be fair there are people that are really nice and willing to help even in cases like that or people that are overgeared and are so OP that can solo the thing in 2 minutes and probably would help anyway, but those are part of a minority.

E. As in any MMORPG, reduce life and damage to 50% or less of old content, so the player feel a progress of the game:

While I am not completely against of speeding up things for new or casual players, you have to keep in mind that some of the new end game content is way less forgiving than the old.
    So, what do you think is going to happen if all those hypothetical players that would be able to easily solo all older content instantly go against something like Misook or the new Yod wich spam one shots and have an absurd amount of health and defense?
    Remember that the new content does not have "easy mode" like most of the old one.

To give some sort of example: an undergeared person can actually solo something like Harpas, Tindalos or even something like Wolfgang and Hoffman.

However even a person with decent gear (cosmic trinklet + puri stuff) but low damage output may take like an hour to kill something like Misook and waste a ton of res pills on it. In the case of Yod sea, they probably will not even be able to finish since res number is limited.
    Now why I am mentioning this? because even if a person manages to get decent gear from old content, that player will still be way to weak in those new raids, this mainly due low enhancements, tuning and all the other stuff that is actually harder to get than the gear and the player level itself.
    Also remember that as I said before most of the average end game players will not be willing to carry dozens of new players if that means waste of time for them.

@Muczacza and @CerealXKiller

Not sure what you 2 mean with "It only make it easier for old players." ?
    While that may be true, do you realize that most of veteran players are actually super rich in game, so they can easily get gremory boxes for their alts and skip the content anyway...?

The only people that would benefit would be players that have not many alts but one main and that are not rich enough to buy multiple gremory boxes... So, it is quite the opposite: the ones who would benefit would be new, casual players or people that return to the game from a long break..

In the case of the Yod sea, that makes even less sense 'cause a veterans already have thousands of those old mats in multiple character. Also new Yod sea gear requires new mats that you can't get from old content, and so far there is no way to make those new mats with old ones, unless I am missing something.
    Still, don't really think you should worry about that since neither Naddic nor eme would be willing to kill grem boxes wich are a cash shop item.

• @Rieid I actually just meant that, in new yod equipment you still need reactives etc, and as it goes to my crew, we all stopped doing purification at least a year ago and/or discarded the drops. but we have materials at other characters, since we've been playing puri a lot on our alts. That's just the case, if the reactives etc would be bank shareable, we could just share them with our mains, and the whole process with doing hell and OF again wouldn't be needed.

• VagathVagath Member

But Closers i not an mmo...

• @Vagath why? it is described like this in infos.

• RieidRieid Member

@CerealXKiller If you think that bank shareable items ruin your game enjoyment due the speed up process that is fair enough. Still, keep in mind what I said before: pretty much any veteran player who is not 100% casual can just buy a few gremory boxes and pass the materials that way. I know that is still a lot of credits, but considering that there are lots of people willing to pay up to 2 bill credits for a single non signature accessory nowadays, I am pretty sure they will be willing to pay hundreds of millions to speed gearing up.

About what Vagath said: I am not on his head, but I can guess he is talking about the nature of the game itself. MMO stands for massive multiplayer online.
    Even if eme describes Closers as an MMO, the game is more a side scroll action game with online element than a mmo.
    Even tho closers does have interaction between players, you usually don't see hundreds or thousands of players cooperating with each others since the game is not only targeting a niche audience but also due the closed nature of the game: you basically login in a hub and from that hub you run stages which are most of the time very solo friendly. Even the real cooperative stages (raids) are 4 people only.

In the case of real MMOs like WOW, PW, BDO, etc.. you are usually in a really big map with hundreds or even thousands of players. The content in games like those, specially the old mmorpgs also encourage you to coop with other people, this by making quest cooperative and bosses very hard if not imposible to kill for a solo player. This has changed in modern mmos which are more solo friendly, but at same time has killed the whole purpose of the MMO which is to play with other people.

In the case of Closer I feel that it doesn't have pretty much anything from a MMO since you can solo about 90% of the content from this game with no help at all.

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member
    edited May 2

@Setsuna000 said:
    A. Players can use chat 1 time per minute and they can buy items if they want to write more

Now. That's not smart at all. So like. imagine being in a raid or in BB raid lobby as an example and trying to communicate to set up groups with others. and you'd have to PAY to literally set up groups because you wouldnt be able to communicate with the people around cuz of the 1 min per msg limit. Imagine someone asking something in the chat but you cant reply in only 1 message due to character limit. That'd mean that you have to obtain an item that you buy/spend stuff on just to literally help someone else. this idea is just a big no lol. If you find disturbing players that talk a lot ( even tho talking with people isn't bad idk whats the problem here) either ignore them or change channel. Making chat 1 time per min would bring more problems than benefits.

I dont see your point here.Or rather i can't exactly understand what you mean by this. The concept behind crews is to have a "guild" to help each other. The concept behind having a community in general is helping each other. Asking for groups for endgame content is as important as asking for groups for hell which is like 1-2 years old. or even david. Of course you can ask for help. Imagine being a new player and really needing that help because you don't know your way around the game yet and everyone just telling you no and ditching you. How is that less neccessary than asking for help in end-game content. just be good on your character and have high gear and you can do end-game content without help as well. XD Also when it comes to helping in the new content what exactly are you supposed to help. Are you supposed to carry 500k players in BB raid? 2m Players in Yod sea or Misook? They aren't even geared properly for them to get helped there. If you're gonna do something with them guide them to the right path and tell them what they should focus on before moving on to stuff out of their reach. You might not mind but a lot of people would mind having complete deadweights slowing their runs especially on sectors/raids that scale with more people.
    I might have misunderstood your point here. If i did im sorry.

C. Currently the end game should be:
    Yod’s Apocalypse
    All Busan content
    All content related to Beelzebub
    All content from: Fantasy World-Dream Theater

Indeed. That's what endgame is. Although If you're including Dream theater which only has TF, Unlocking BB from it and nothing else you might as well include Puri Hell/OF which has the best trinkets (since untouchable isnt released yet) and for a lot of characters best amplifiers in the game.(and would be no means by "easy" for a low geared player that has no experience on the character they are playing or maybe even the game in general)

D. Maintain daily entry limits to any raid (OLD and NEW), eliminate item/tokens requirement in OLD content
    two limit systems.

That will kinda happen in the future(If you mean the entry keys). So like we all always do , we have to wait for it. Tia , David/Irina, PG75, Busan,etc.. will have their entry keys removed. Only puri and bb will still need keys iirc.

For some of them maybe it'd be a good idea sure. Yod and the rest even Chain have had their individual Nerfs. Irina/David/WG/Hoffman saw nerfs in the amount of materials needed to craft their items rather than the bosses themselves but i can understand if you want them to have less HP.
    As far as Hell/OF goes considering that even if its old its still pretty much can be considered end-game in a sense since items from it are best in slot atm. I don't think that should be the case for it.

F. Reduce the number of tokens (Materials) to buy items from OLD content.

That has happened for some old content already. They have become really easy so you can't really ask for even more. As far as purification goes they will get a bit reduced in the future. Gotta wait for that.

G. Break the enter barrier for new players (leaving the game) in cases like:
    Problems reaching level 80 (72-80)

As far as this going. Problems reaching lvl 80. I've never seen this. I've leveled characters up to 80 in less than 24 hours with no platinum , crew buff whatsoever and there were 0 problems with it.

Problems reaching level 85

Reaching level 85 with less certaintly than 80 should be no problem as well. as long as you do your daily farm sectors ( stuff like pg75,irina,david,puri sectors ) and run the story FULLY you should get to 85.

Difficulty in getting weapons and equipment in general (65->83)

I can agree with that in a sense. around Level 50+ PG comes in and the way to get gear for story becomes a bit more complicated till level 73-75 if you have no one to ask. That's because you have to understand that you'll need to be going to PG here and there during some level "stamps" and get gear from there then go back and continue your leveling. Not every new player will be able to understand that. Giving ingame better directions on that point or insta giving the items for them to just progress story since its very very old could be a good idea.

From level 73-75 and on tho there's no difficulty whatsoever. getting irina/david is less than a week of work, Getting puri up to t3 shouldn't be that hard for the average player. getting puri gear to t5 might prove to be a pain but it should be fixed with the 100% Stones instead of using RNG stones. My only real complaint is that the credit cost of the base Purification trinkets is 90m which is a damn lot for a new player coming in the game and considering how old they are.

Overall some of your points were bad, some understandable.

• occaocca Member

First and only thing
    combine all your channels to 1
    this is like playing 16 games at once and not knowing how to play
    if you don't have the capability to make a super server shut down 15 other channels

if you are not able to do channel combine then do group matching all channels together
    this should be your first approach
    newbie - cool new game I see people around no groups
    group finding - barren

personally to the developers
    if you give up on the game I will have to give up on you
    I'll give it until my bonus runs out

• whaehawhatwhaehawhat Member

@occa said:
    First and only thing
    combine all your channels to 1
    this is like playing 16 games at once and not knowing how to play
    if you don't have the capability to make a super server shut down 15 other channels

if you are not able to do channel combine then do group matching all channels together
    this should be your first approach
    newbie - cool new game I see people around no groups
    group finding - barren

personally to the developers
    if you give up on the game I will have to give up on you
    I'll give it until my bonus runs out

please dont wait anymore. it would help the community if you leave immediately

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member
    edited May 3

It isn't like playing 16 games at once, idk what u're on about.

Group matching works on all the channels of each page or already on all the channels(it's one of the 2). The reason you don't find groups is that because not THAT many people use the queuing system and game's kiiinda dead in some cases. Most people set up their own private parties,use mega to find people or ask in crew chats.

The actual developers ( naddic ) already don't care much about our server so you shouldn't expect too much on that end. so just give up on the game.

• KhleysKhleys Member

@whaehawhat said:
    please dont wait anymore. it would help the community if you leave immediately

Hopefully this doesn't count as necro since this thread is still on first page, but I see even after 3 years the community is still not receptive to feedback from new players.

Naturally, new players are idiots relative to players more used to kMMO setting. Of course they are, it's like learning to crawl.
    But idiots actually give good feedback. Especially idiots that don't usually play kMMO. You're able to get feedback from somebody outside the bubble, and something that seems normal to you may actually be unexpectedly irksome.

And what does the game need more of? New players.
    What exactly does anybody have to gain from you being hostile to somebody who is foreign to the setting?
    I'll assume that you like this game.
    This game's survival relies on more players. More players means higher chance of one of them paying money.
    And you actively chose to be hostile to a new player, which multiple new players will see. These new players that the game desperately need then choose to not play the game anymore, since they're not emotionally invested anyways and some guy told them to fuck off. Then, the game you like has fewer players and has lower chance of survivability.

Doesn't make sense.

Well, granted, it isn't your responsibility to attract and retain new players, and ultimately, feedback won't actually won't matter.
    Closers devs and kMMO devs in general don't care about feedback from western servers. We're literally just their extra pocket change. It's honestly a waste, getting feedback from multiple outlets would be beneficial but there is nothing to be gained if feedback just falls on deaf ears.

• metafalicametafalica Member
    edited May 25

Gearing from 55 to 75 isn't as hard anymore. 100% some areas will give you a full set of lvl 65 and another part of PG another will give you the mats you need to upgrade most of your gear to the lvl 75 Extreme. Combined with the lvl 70 Disaster set you can get easily now as well, you're pretty much geared up for Purification. I would argue the biggest problem is progression in Purification. This is by far the worst part of the game. Due to limited entries, the low drop rates, the inability to transfer gear, it can take you a while to get your first pieces and crafting the pieces are extremely expensive by comparison. Combined with the very low success rates for Transcend, it can be very frustrating as your farming can result in 0 progress made. I've failed so many times on 1 character I essentially had to give them up as my main as crafting was not available at the time and they just ended up falling so far behind (it took me nearly 3 weeks to get both module pieces I needed at the time).

The problem with the raids are the instant death mechanics. That pretty much ruins it for a lot of people as it turns an otherwise enjoyable feature into one that is frustrating. It might be different if you weren't capped by entry attempts, but by clears.

• AclousAclous Member

A thing I would love to see added to closers would be the ability to edit your own HUD without having to depend on preset settings for you.
    Example: Being able to freely move around, or shrink certain aspects of my hud such as the skill bars, how windows pop up, change the placements of them, that type of stuff is what I mean.
    Games that do this that I can name so people get a good idea, are: ESO, Elsword, Final Fantasy a realm reborn, and WoW.

An Alternative would be to better optimize the settings for certain resolutions in windowed mode.
    For me I have a 1360 x 768 monitor, and if I set my settings in game to show the resolution of 1920 x 1080, the resolution stays the same, as if I was still in the 1360 option. When in other games if I do this, it makes it seem like my resolution is as its said, but fit into my monitor.
    If I go into fullscreen, then well.. Everything becomes sea blue and it hurts the eyes a lot. So for those who say "Just play fullscreen" yeah no thanks I would rather not destroy my eye sight trying that out. While yes the resolution changes properly in fullscreen mode and displays smaller action bars and UI as if I was in the resolution, in the end I dont wanna look at everything in a sky blue font just to play like that.

Maybe making a borderless windowed mode would be better for Closers in order to aid with this? Which can be another thing desired to be added, but still keep the moveable window option still in the settings for those that prefer it. But for those like me, if we have borderless windowed perhaps it could work out better and just make the gaming experience more enjoyable overall.

Of course if anyone has a solution to making it so I can play in the 1920 x 1080 resolution in the windowed mode of the game, without of course spending hundreds of dollars on a new monitor, I would appreciate that ^^

• Setsuna000Setsuna000 Member
    edited June 11

Overall some of your points were bad, some understandable.

Currently I do not play CLOSERS since there are 4 other better options for me. I apologize for my late reply.

FREE TO PLAY needs a way to cover expenses, but it also needs to give all players a door to keep them interested.

You play 3 to 4 months to get what you would get paying in one hour or up to 3 days (platinum pack).

If 50 new players are added tomorrow, will you help in the minimum 200 (50x4) daily instances EVERY DAY with one hit kill bosses, they need next month?

What do you expect from your player base if every content after level 65 one hit kill you? How do you equip yourself?

How do you participate in raids of 10 + p if you are naked?

Of course you can expect a player to have a main character that achieves everything through a lot of effort and pays for their ALTs, but in CLOSERS there is no alternative.

You are punished at 7-14 days if you are a NEW PLAYER, how long do you wait for a queue for old content?

How much help can a player ask for without feeling disappointed before leaving?

You are free to think or say what you want, but I ask you to see the number of players, the fallen state and the possible end of the NA server unless they take radical measures. I adore the game and I was sad to see it destroyed like this.

I am sure you are a better player than me, also more friendly and cooperative, you are a great player thanks to your effort, skills and friends and I respect that.

The world does not rotate because a person walks, much less for me. Feeling good about being the best equipped or experienced in a group of "FRIENDS" without giving other players the opportunity to be the same in the short or long term, presents a PROBLEM OF EQUALITY, apparently neither the games are out.