is this game dead?

Just wondering how it's doing to see if its worth getting back into.

Comments

• occaocca Member

what is your expectation?
    if you want to play then play
    if you want to get dragged around by others then do that
    if only 1 person was playing when you made this silly remark it would still be alive

• N46R49FGADN46R49FGAD Member

@occa said:
    what is your expectation?
    if you want to play then play
    if you want to get dragged around by others then do that
    if only 1 person was playing when you made this silly remark it would still be alive

???????????????????????????? Did I do something wrong? Why are you being so rude?

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member

It is and isn't. Looking at the black market, overpriced items, some channels being almost empty one could say it is. A lot of people come back only when new content comes out and stop playing right after that even if events are here because events are for the most part useless. ( DB included ). But there are people that are still playing on a daily basis.

If you want to play because you enjoy playing your character then do that. If you want to find friends/ppl to run with best choice is to join discord servers of crews and find ppl that way.
    Whenever you wanna buy (costumes,items,etc) you will most likely find someone to sell if you search enough but the prices might be really high for some stuff.

• VagathVagath Member
    edited May 4

If you look at steamcharts, you can see that the game has been on a steady decline for years lol. Instead of questioning if the game is wether or not dead, you should ask yourself if want to earn credits at one third of speed of people with platinum membership. If you don't mind that, then you can play just fine. If it bothers you, then the only choices are to pay up or don't play.

• DivineheroDivinehero Member

@Vagath said:
    If you look at steamcharts, you can see that the game has been on a steady decline for years lol. Instead of questioning if the game is wether or not dead, you should ask yourself if want to earn credits at one third of speed of people with platinum membership. If you don't mind that, then you can play just fine. If it bothers you, then the only choices are to pay up or don't play.

steam charts isn't exaclty a 100% accurate yardstick to this game's population since there's also ppl playing it through enmasse's launcher like myself

• FateFireFateFire Member

It had better not be as I was dying to play it when I got home from South Carolina two months ago. But anyway, the game is dead when the servers are shut down. I stopped worrying about player population when the social aspect of MMOs started to decline to the point of PUGs that only want to rush through dailies.

• KreiserKreiser Member

not dead but just a walking zombie
    _70% of new players will give up half way due the lack of social touch you play alone 100% of msq,wen you reach a certain point of game you have to ask carry for everything because there is almost no one in queues.
    _as for outfits/glamour due the lack of player base and greedy community market place is a joke,prices are crazy asf and supply is very low whit a very high demand unless they put every outfit in store thing will get worse.
    _the deals enmasse do whit everything related to money are full of crap and trash

phone games where you can farm real cash currency in daily basis and keep up whit pay players are way better than closers...cogh epic seven cough cough honkai impact cough cough.

is up to you play in a personal opinion this game has long expired it golden era due bad management

• AoiRyuuAoiRyuu Member

No game is not dead, the only problem is that it's mainly solo game until you get to the end game.