New Phase Wings

Hi relatively new player here (been playing for under a year) and I just wanted to chime in on the new phase wings that were released in the patch recently. I feel as though a lot of the end-game content is obtainable through a lot of grinding and perseverance but the upgrades for the new phase wings feel like something completely unrealistic. I enjoy the PVE aspects of the game so I took the time to save up and get my sig costumes/tunes/equips and while it took a long time it didn't seem unrealistic to work towards a few hundred mil per costume piece or save up phase fibers and whatnot.

For me, it's valuable that every player up to this point has been on relatively even ground (other than the fact that you would need to use real money to continue enhancing gear) and I feel like my character has never had a severe disadvantage regarding gear. I feel respectably strong enough even compared to whales, but these phase wings just seem completely impossible to upgrade for your average F2P (or someone who spends a bit of money for elite) player and it feels painful to have a big gap in stats that basically needs to be bought with real money.

First off is the Splendid phase fibers-it costs a ton of credits and time to save up phase fibers to upgrade costumes to 3 stars and then salvage them. This is totally fine though in my book because the avenue to gain these materials is completely accessible-it just takes some dedication.

The issue comes up in the other two mats needed to upgrade the new phase wings: Costume fusion fibers are not available in any form other than through events and EMP - I see that there's about two or three being given out for free and then you can also craft one during the current event. This covers about the first two upgrades and then there is 102 fibers left to get the other 8 upgrades. Each of these fibers run 290 EMP ($2.90) X 102 = $295.80 for the rest of the fibers...Is this the only way or will future events pass out more of these fibers? Will we ever be able to actually get all 102 through events?

Then the last material needed are the Phase Wing Essences - This seems like an insurmountable task-while it is possible to get all of them with credits, Phase wings generally run about 600 mil each in the black market (and each phase wing drops one essence) and we need a total of 55 essences to upgrade the wings to 10+. This would mean 55 X 600,000,000 = 33 billion...once again it feels like this large advantage in stats is only afforded to those who are willing to pay out of their wallets and it feels awful.

I love the game and I appreciate this community I've interacted with and I honestly want to see the game have a comeback in popularity-I've come to understand a lot of the community has said the game is dying/whales are keeping it alive so one side of me understands why content like this comes out-but the other part of me feels as though these pay to win/get stronger stat gimmicks really hurts the community and lowers incentive to play and stay loyal to the game.

Comments

• RieidRieid Member
    edited June 9

Not much to say aside that I agree with you on this. This last update seems just to be aiming to hardcore billionaire veterans and big spenders.

It seems that they not even put the low tier %100 transcendence stones for bb core and mods, which really sucks considering this was supposed to be BB update and that many of us failed hundreds of times to transcend that, heck some people I know are still unable to get infinite version of that gear, and now that is even outdated.

I am usually not too negative towards Closers, but the few people that I know that still play it are really mad at Naddic/eme.
    I don't really care too much 'cause after playing so many disappointing online games in the past, I don't take online games seriously anymore. But at same time it is really sad to see the game going down like this.

Most likely when the few friends that I have in game quit, I will leave as well, since there is not much for me to do anymore, and while I am a veteran player who played this way too much to be considered casual, I am not a whale, neither I am person that can be considered billionaire in game.
    I am not a hardcore player, but I already leveled all characters that there are available, thus I know their story. I also got decent gear in 2 character but I don't really care too much about the others, thing is there is not too much for me to do anymore. And after literally wasting more than 2 billion credits in fail enhancements and transcendence, well, I guess that I am just too burned out from the game..

Now, before the fanboys start bashing and hating at me: Don't get me wrong, the game is fun and people who is new to it or that didn't level all the characters have a lot of pve content to do. Pvp also may be an option for those who like it in this game.
    But in my case once I hit a wall I get kind of tired, specially considering that most of my friends left already.
    Still not hard feelings against the community or eme. In fact I feel kind of bad for enmasse, 'cause when I start playing this game, they seemed like a nice publisher, or at least way better than something like old school pwe, trion or aeria at least...

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member
    edited June 9

First of all i'll say that i agree with you and you're correct. Just one of this patch's many problems/possible problems are the wings.

First off is the Splendid phase fibers

nothing much to say here. you're right. you can get them with dedication.

Costume fusion fibers

Those are COMPLETELY whale area. they will give 1 every once in a while and Team Challenge should've 1 per week for 40 gold crests added to its crafting ( BUT for some reason they decided "leeeeet's not..have them be moderately happy with this bad patch" )
    Overall for F2P it would take an insane amount of time to gather enough of these for +10. and then there's other stuff on this patch that are so whale focused like t7 transc update because of 1 single item that wasn't added. but this isnt the topic of this post so im not gonna go into it.

Then the last material needed are the Phase Wing Essences

As for this, although it could prove hard its not much harder than getting the Splendid fiber. you have housing , team challenge, divine battle and other places to get free wings from. There should be some on events here and there too. this one's not that bad. If you also leave a few months to pass the prices should calm down a bit to possibly buy some from BM.

Only one thing to be glad for is that the cost of enhancing them is much lower here compared to other servers. It is much much higher on the other servers. or at least was on their release.

• Overall for F2P it would take an insane amount of time to gather enough of these for +10. and then there's other stuff on this patch that are so whale focused like t7 transc update because of 1 single item that wasn't added. but this isnt the topic of this post so im not gonna go into it.

I'm curious as to what else was whale focused - I would appreciate it if you explained it to me so feel free. Also, that's a total drag that the Team Challenge once a week thing wasn't implemented. I honestly would have much less to complain about as I'd much prefer things being locked behind a time-wall rather than a pay-wall (and then in turn, I wouldn't mind going for stuff like Elite and whatnot in order to support the game more).

• VioletHimeVioletHime Member
    edited June 9

Keep in mind i express my opinion on the matters a lot on the following wall of text XD. Hopefully you won't think im too biased on some matters.

Basically the other huge whale thing they did which was kind of scummy if its true is the BB 100% stone not getting released.
    So for 100% stones on BB stuff you have 2 options:
    1.Make an 100% stone from combining many non 100%
    2.Make an 100% stone with 1 non 100% and some transcendental elixirs.

To get t5->t6 core and t5->t7 mods with 100% stones ( the non elixir ones ) you need around 110 of the new BBv2 material which you get 5 of per bbv2 raid. ( 4 bbv2 raids per week )
    thats fine. it'll take a while but its both core and mods, its fine to farm it.
    now for the 100% t7 core stone you need 300 material. which is 60 BBv2 raids , 15 Weeks or 3 or so months.
    Now keep in mind that even for a rng stone of t7 core you'd need 10 of the mat per stone which is 2 bbv2 raids. ( aka u can craft 2 stones per week ).

Now i suppose that if you have tried enhancing/tuning/transcending or anything you have seen how rough RNG is in here. 2 stones per week wont get you anywhere. basically making you use up a lot of transcendental elixirs. which other than the time limited ones are high in price or obtainable through emp shop. so imagine how hard t7 core would be for the average RNG person who might not have elixirs or have lets say 30 that are expiring soon. ( keep in your mind the amount of 30 elixirs )

Now for a t7 100% stone with elixirs which is obviously the best way to go about it instead of going through 3 months for a t7 core is elixirs you need 1 non 100% stone and 30 elixirs. Even if someone did have 30 timed elixirs they could be done with the suffering of t7 core. but no. 100% stones for BB gear didn't get added. My guess is they'll wait till timed items expire to add them. Which, if true , is so focused on the whales that will have non timed elixirs and players overally will suffer with the RNG stones' fails. Making t7 core/mods a much longer chore than it would normally be. What did they add instead of 100% BB stones? puri ones. fooken 100% puri stones. a gear set thats been outdated for at least 6 months now.which im not saying. its good if you're trying to gear alts but... KR first added BB 100% stones THEN proceeded with Puri 100% stones.
    Meanwhile we're not getting 100% BB stones for the simple reason of making our lives harder and possibly having our timed items expire first so the whole process is a much more difficult.
    Imagine being your average F2P person who had stacked up their timed elixirs for their main to get 100% t7 core since they were prepared and have them expire before 100% stones are added. even if they SHOULD HAVE been added.
    Or maybe you're someone who had no elixirs but would gather mats for 100% stones but even that now is impossible because they haven't added them.

Lastly a small note about events. Events are maint to give useful help to players and fix the game's economy whenever it breaks. instead what we get is 90% useless items and in amounts that dont fix the economy at all. making wing prices rise to 600m each , players being unhappy with events. like literally. the event gives 1 fortifier. what are you gonna do with it. gonna stack for 3 months and have 5 in total and attempt +14 or +15 ? its so whale focused on this server.

I guess thats my personal opinion on the matters but as it stands the server isn't really "player friendly". Not even whale friendly honestly. the prices on market are insanely high on some items or packs compared to their actual worth as an item.
    Only thing that this server is , is money-making friendly towards en masse and naddic. and rich people are still giving out money non stop so they're not even considering that 80% of the playerbase is unhappy with how the game operates now.
    The server ( IF im not wrong ) has 2 individual servers in it. the server that hosts page 1 and the server that hosts page 2. They are interactive with one another all good. But World is supposed to be a merge of EU and NA. what i see now is EU ping being a nice 250ms XD If possible it'd have been much better if half the channels were hoested on NA services and the other half on EU ones. but i cant exactly rant about this since im not sure if its possible. If it is possible though consider this ranting about the ms of EU people on a supposedly merged server that should have as aim the benefits of both sides.

I kinda wrote a lot. Sorry for taking time to reply and wasting all your time on this. This is just my opinion but the way the server is right now is making people go away instead of staying.

• VagathVagath Member

The new whale wings were designed because in kr effect accesories were really common there ( you coul get one in the bm for like 90m) and had little use if you already had one. This server doesn't have custom content, everything is a copy paste from kr, of course it looks ridiculous here, the bm here is a joke.

They haven't changed anything to tailor this server needs in like two years, and to be honest i have no hope they ever will. Right, they removed stamina and added platinum membership.... Removing stamina single handedly nuked the economy along with the extra dungeon rewards from plat, elite was fine because the game already had it in a way, but when they added plat benefits...

• RieidRieid Member
    edited June 9

@VioletHime said:

Imagine being your average F2P person who had stacked up their timed elixirs for their main to get 100% t7 core since they were prepared and have them expire before 100% stones are added. even if they SHOULD HAVE been added.
    Or maybe you're someone who had no elixirs but would gather mats for 100% stones but even that now is impossible because they haven't added them.

Pretty much this, but actually is even worst than that in my opinion. All the people I know that are angry at them didn't even care too much about the t6 or t7, they just wanted t4 or t5, and not even that seems posible for them, some of those people didn't even knew that there should be %100 t6 and t7 ones, but are so behind in transcendence level due RNG that some of them just rage quit. There are lots of people that literally wasted all their mats, credits and elixires to get t5 on weapon and still fail at it.

• fullmetalonefullmetalone Member
    edited June 10

not to derail this too much but on a side note Bai and Seth were released 9 months here after they were released in KR, September would have been 9 months for Mirae and October 9 months for Chulsoo aka No Name so instead of getting them within that 9 month time frame like Bai and Seth we are instead getting essentially 3 months of nothing but events

• @fullmetalone said:
    not to derail this too much but on a side note Bai and Seth were released 9 months here after they were released in KR, September would have been 9 months for Mirae and October 9 months for Chulsoo aka No Name so instead of getting them within that 9 month time frame like Bai and Seth we are instead getting essentially 3 months of nothing but events

Also by September it will be a whole year without a new character, I get that we need to give the main server sometime to avoid catching up to a point where there would be no content to release but I think releasing at least one character would have been fine. WIth this patch we just ended the second quarter, so it would be cool if they could reconsider the dev map for q3.

• My guess for the new characters from what i've seen so far is very early octomber for mirae ( or chulsoo if they change order ) or late september if they decide to change roadmap a bit and early/mid november for chulsoo ( or mirae if they cahnge order).