Maintenance is now complete. Have fun!

[WIP] Online Model Viewer

Hi,

I am working on an online model viewer for Closers. You can check it out here : http://50.3.69.180/Viewer/

Screenshot :

It is fairly easy to use. You select the character, the item set and finally the body part that you want to load and click the "Add to scene" button. You can mix different body parts from different sets.

After the costume part is loaded, you can select it by clicking on it in the scene. If there are other texture variants available for the part, the "Change Variant" button will pop up. You can cycle through different variants by clicking that button.

You can also directly paste the item id of the part that you want to load. Item ids correspond to the ids at this site : http://closers.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/item/ . If the item exists on the server, it will get loaded.

Note: Face model is in the "BASIC" set

Camera controls:
Right-click + move : Rotate around model
Middle mouse click + move : Pan
Mouse wheel scroll : Zoom

Done:
- Option to cycle texture variants
- Select and delete parts individually
- Proper names for some of the sets
- Fixed distortions with some of the meshes
- Added FXAA

Todo:
- Add support for models other than characters
- Proper names for all sets
- Better UI

This is still an early version of the viewer, I am planning to improve it in the future.

Any kind of feedback is appreciated.

Comments

  • edited December 2017

    Oh this is helpful for me when I need to get their clothes for my cosplay :o if you can grab some Special Agent or Special Crew that'd be very helpful for me because extracting every DAT file from scratch is painful

  • @Youhei said:
    Oh this is helpful for me when I need to get their clothes for my cosplay :o if you can grab some Special Agent or Special Crew that'd be very helpful for me because extracting every DAT file from scratch is painful

    "PROMOTION_03" is the special agent/crew set. I should fix the names some time :smile:

  • @Rhysling said:

    @Youhei said:
    Oh this is helpful for me when I need to get their clothes for my cosplay :o if you can grab some Special Agent or Special Crew that'd be very helpful for me because extracting every DAT file from scratch is painful

    "PROMOTION_03" is the special agent/crew set. I should fix the names some time :smile:

    Thank you very much love ;)

  • Just updated the viewer with new data. You can view the most recent costumes and characters now :

  • omg, nice job <3

  • Already got a Nata ready for when he comes to NA!

    And a recommendation, if people want to Save their model and use it for other Programs (Example: VRchat, Blender, Source Filmmaker, MMD, etc.). Would be really nice to see if you could do that, since i would love to use my Nata in some Source Filmmaker Artworks

    And the program is really good! i will be using this to get a costume set-up for my characters for now on!

  • @GrayShades said:
    And a recommendation, if people want to Save their model and use it for other Programs (Example: VRchat, Blender, Source Filmmaker, MMD, etc.). Would be really nice to see if you could do that, since i would love to use my Nata in some Source Filmmaker Artworks

    I am happy to hear that you like the program.

    It is possible to make models downloadable but it can get complicated. I do not own these models, so distributing them might be problematic in terms of copyright. I guess I will stick to just viewer.

  • Awesome work! It's a little difficult looking at models up-close in Closers due to the camera, so it's great having a resource like this available. Thanks for sharing this with us.

  • Hallo, first of all I'd just like to thank you for your work. This is BEYOND useful, especially considering how little preview options there are ingame.

    I'd like to make a short bug report: the Tein maid set seems to be bugged... it won't load correctly no matter what I do. If I try loading it another set over it, it won't despawn the maid set correctly, either. Here's what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/aZJiP

    (I haven't tested exhaustively to see if this happens with any other sets. It didn't for the ones I did test on Seulbi and Tein, but I'm sure there's one or two more like this laying around.)

    Still, bugs are expected to happen, and this is no less of a huge help!

  • @Naivety said:
    Hallo, first of all I'd just like to thank you for your work. This is BEYOND useful, especially considering how little preview options there are ingame.

    I'd like to make a short bug report: the Tein maid set seems to be bugged... it won't load correctly no matter what I do. If I try loading it another set over it, it won't despawn the maid set correctly, either. Here's what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/aZJiP

    (I haven't tested exhaustively to see if this happens with any other sets. It didn't for the ones I did test on Seulbi and Tein, but I'm sure there's one or two more like this laying around.)

    Still, bugs are expected to happen, and this is no less of a huge help!

    Those white boxes appear with some of the meshes. Currently I have no way of fixing that by code, so you have to delete the problematic mesh manually. For Tein maid set it is the weapon. Click the weapon (or one of the white boxes) on the scene and then press the "Delete Selection" button :

    Also it is possible that you don't load the weapon in the first place. Select the parts other than the weapon and click "Add to scene". That will load the parts separately. When you click "Load all parts" the weapon gets loaded too and the white boxes appear.

    There was also a problem with the legs, but I fixed that. They should load fine now.

    Thanks for the feedback.

  • AlphaPhenixAlphaPhenix Member
    edited January 2018

    Could be preaty useful; thank you for your dedication.

    PS: Personally the controlls are a bit tough to well...controll. Most likely techincal issues on my end, but wanted to let you know.

  • hi this pretty useful thx for make this, i know how to extract this games and i really want some stage from this games to be used in MMD :( to show the wolrd how wonderfull this games stage is since some town and some map had really nice design, and i been try to import the .x files to blender pmx or pmd but nothing appear , nothing at all but i wonder if you could makes tutorial videos how to rip the stage from this games to MMD
    also would be nice if you leave your contact info discord fb tweet or whatever , so anyone who need help or discussing about this kind stuff wont be just in this post

  • Thanks for making this program! It’s wonderful :)

    My concern is that I can’t use the KR website you provided to find costumes. I translated the page and it has categories for a lot of gear, but not one for costumes?

    Do you know what the Succubus/Nightmare set is called in your viewer? I tried looking last night but there are too many costumes and it was taking forever to try and load them all xD

  • RhyslingRhysling Member
    edited February 2018

    @5G9KTWY65H said:
    hi this pretty useful thx for make this, i know how to extract this games and i really want some stage from this games to be used in MMD :( to show the wolrd how wonderfull this games stage is since some town and some map had really nice design, and i been try to import the .x files to blender pmx or pmd but nothing appear , nothing at all but i wonder if you could makes tutorial videos how to rip the stage from this games to MMD
    also would be nice if you leave your contact info discord fb tweet or whatever , so anyone who need help or discussing about this kind stuff wont be just in this post

    There is probably a problem with your Blender import script. I don't know how well Blender supports the X model format, but it will probably be easier to convert the models to another format (like obj or dae) first. After that you can import them in Blender.

    My discord name is akderebur#4088. I am not very active, but at least I check my messages daily :smile:

    @Succubusty said:
    Do you know what the Succubus/Nightmare set is called in your viewer? I tried looking last night but there are too many costumes and it was taking forever to try and load them all xD

    The categorization is a bit problematic with that set. It is under CLOTH_72_A for Seulbi, CLOTH_66_A for Yuri, and CLOTH_73_A for males. I don't know about chars other than lambs, but it is probably under one of the sets I mentioned.

    Also the male pieces aren't working well. White boxes get loaded on top of the pieces. Currently Seulbi/Yuri works fine though. I will try to fix the others too.

  • Thanks! I found it. It’s CLOTH_72_A for Levia as well. :)

    Will you be adding accessories in the future?

  • @Succubusty said:
    Thanks! I found it. It’s CLOTH_72_A for Levia as well. :)

    Will you be adding accessories in the future?

    I am planning to add them sometime in the future. No ETA :smile:

  • This is some really good stuff. Wish I could download models off this but I understand your reasoning. Keep it up!

  • PauliPauli Member

    Is it still up? I can't access it :c

  • I can't access it either :c

  • It is up again.

  • I have an issue that I think it mega drains my memory, is that normal or is my computer acting weird?

  • @PrincessChen said:
    I have an issue that I think it mega drains my memory, is that normal or is my computer acting weird?

    It isn't just you. The viewer is very resource intensive unfortunately. I am using Unity to render the models, and it looks like Unity isn't that good with resource management when it comes to WebGL.

    I will look at my code to see if I can do anything better, I guess there is a memory leak somewhere. Still even launching the viewer will use significant amount of memory because of how things work in Unity internally. So there is not much I can do about that. I can try to keep the usage stable at best.

  • @Rhysling said:

    @PrincessChen said:
    I have an issue that I think it mega drains my memory, is that normal or is my computer acting weird?

    It isn't just you. The viewer is very resource intensive unfortunately. I am using Unity to render the models, and it looks like Unity isn't that good with resource management when it comes to WebGL.

    I will look at my code to see if I can do anything better, I guess there is a memory leak somewhere. Still even launching the viewer will use significant amount of memory because of how things work in Unity internally. So there is not much I can do about that. I can try to keep the usage stable at best.

    Still, thank you for providing this service, we still cant preview costumes in the BM yet. So having this option, despite the risk of memory drainage isn't the worst thing.

  • someone can help me please ?
    why i can't access the link to model viewer ?

  • HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

    You need an ID + password which I assume only the creator has.
    I think it's rip until we get the info to use it again. :c

  • thank's for the info ^^

  • This project is now discontinued.

  • HimeHime Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

    @Rhysling said:
    This project is now discontinued.

    Ah, bummer. :( I loved that site.
    Well, regardless, thanks for working on it and helping us fashion lovers! Hope you do well in whatever it is you continue with.

Sign In or Register to comment.