We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

Collector's Pack!

Full Nightmare set! Who's looking forward to this? I noticed it could be used on future characters as well.

Comments

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

I'm noticing a lot of discontent on price via Discord. They said it was $69.99. I wonder if that is set in stone or will they change it before the date.

• @Mystio said:
    This pack is... Well, it's honestly EME making an announcement that things have gotten even worse.

I don't mean to offend, I want EME to change and not pull stuff like this, but quite a lot of the community are going to be outraged by this package. I don't even like the succubus set, at all, but this is getting out of hand. Please allow me to elaborate:

Succubus Set is one of the most anticipated set by the community since Alpha, it is clearly one of the most popular money grabbing sets. However, EME has decided to sell it at a price tag of $70 USD, but to also make the pack exclusive , this means the set will only be available from purchasing the pack.

Unlike Gacha, where you can spend say $100 and get a full set for pretty much every single character, just purchasing 4 sets would cost a person, without taxes, $240. You also get basically nothing else as well (unlike gacha which gives you various helpful goodies as you buy) besides some elite everyone has.

This is insanity, EME would make a ton more if they sell the set like normal and have much more people buying several of them. While it's true a select few will clearly buy the set, the amount of people who now won't is going to really kill the market on the most anticipated set.

For what possible reason is EME decided to put such a massive cost tag on this item, and make it exclusive nonetheless? That's what we need to know

They said "Exclusive" about the Dark Command set, too... But then changed their wording. :V

Also, I know people who spent that much on Gacha and never got a complete, matching, set.

• @MonVert said:

@Mystio said:
    This pack is... Well, it's honestly EME making an announcement that things have gotten even worse.

I don't mean to offend, I want EME to change and not pull stuff like this, but quite a lot of the community are going to be outraged by this package. I don't even like the succubus set, at all, but this is getting out of hand. Please allow me to elaborate:

Succubus Set is one of the most anticipated set by the community since Alpha, it is clearly one of the most popular money grabbing sets. However, EME has decided to sell it at a price tag of $70 USD, but to also make the pack exclusive , this means the set will only be available from purchasing the pack.

Unlike Gacha, where you can spend say $100 and get a full set for pretty much every single character, just purchasing 4 sets would cost a person, without taxes, $240. You also get basically nothing else as well (unlike gacha which gives you various helpful goodies as you buy) besides some elite everyone has.

This is insanity, EME would make a ton more if they sell the set like normal and have much more people buying several of them. While it's true a select few will clearly buy the set, the amount of people who now won't is going to really kill the market on the most anticipated set.

For what possible reason is EME decided to put such a massive cost tag on this item, and make it exclusive nonetheless? That's what we need to know

They said "Exclusive" about the Dark Command set, too... But then changed their wording. :V

Also, I know people who spent that much on Gacha and never got a complete, matching, set.

That's because each set has like 3 colors, the point is you can trade / resell each piece to complete one set, like if you had half red half blue maid and sell your blue and buy the red..

Succubus also only has one color, so you're very likely to get it. And even if you didn't, you still got a bunch of goodies. It's gacha though, rng is rng. Even if you didn't get it in say $200, someone else probably got it in $10, so it all evens out the market. None of this high spenders only exclusive with 0 other benefits whatsoever

• HailsHails Member
    edited January 2018

I think it would be dumb to assume this would be exclusive because there's still another 5 characters with this set already made that we don't have. lol

If it doesn't actually release in gacha on the 6th then it'll most likely come out again later maybe around Halloween (like it should have...)

EDIT: Nvm I just found out we can use it on future characters.

• @Hails said:
    I think it would be dumb to assume this would be exclusive because there's still another 5 characters with this set already made that we don't have. lol

If it doesn't actually release in gacha on the 6th then it'll most likely come out again later maybe around Halloween (like it should have...)

It literally says in the description that the pack works for future characters, should also be a permanent addition to the store. It was confirmed by the staff to be exclusive, but hopefully EME learns of the backlash this will cause much like SoD and changes their mind

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

@Hails said:

EDIT: Nvm I just found out we can use it on future characters.

Player Council asked and it was confirmed exclusive to Collecter's Pack. However, this could be another Ace Pack Dark Command Exclusivity wording fiasco. The possibilities~

• @Fiethsing said:
    So we don't even have Tiamat out, Special Agent for any characters and only a single WolfDog out but they are already pushing another bundle?
    Welp, time to keep an eye out for new games to play soon....

I mean technically the bundle comes out alongside Tiamat, which is probably where the whole Nightmare theme comes in

• @Fiethsing said:
    So we don't even have Tiamat out, Special Agent for any of the characters and only a single WolfDog out but they are already pushing another bundle?
    Welp, time to keep an eye out for new games to play soon....

bye

• $70 is definitely a hefty price to pay, however, ask yourself this: would you rather pay $70 straight up knowing exactly what you'd get, or instead gach ~8 x10 times and potentially get absolutely nothing?

Personally I'd lower the price some, but eh. /shrug

• AlexiiiusAlexiiius Member
    edited January 2018

this set is another "special" like SOD/cybernetic or normal?

• MystioMystio Member
    edited January 2018

@Alexiiius said:
    this set is another "special" like SOD or normal?

normal, the only rare sets are Dark Command, Cybernetic and Zenith

@Pengyz said:
    $70 is definitely a hefty price to pay, however, ask yourself this: would you rather pay $70 straight up knowing exactly what you'd get, or instead gach ~8 x10 times and potentially get absolutely nothing?

You won't not get pieces in 80 rolls, but on the mad chance that does happen, someone else got the whole set in 1 10 roll. The market evens out, so the pieces still circulate tons.

Most people can spend like 10-20 dollars on gacha to make money / get random goodies / get some pieces of a set they really want, not many people are willing to spend $70 on a full set and not much more.
    The latter option has barely any circulation at all

• ohhhh ya iwant this for my yuri! xD

• @Mystio said:

@Alexiiius said:

@Pengyz said:
    $70 is definitely a hefty price to pay, however, ask yourself this: would you rather pay $70 straight up knowing exactly what you'd get, or instead gach ~8 x10 times and potentially get absolutely nothing?

You won't not get pieces in 80 rolls, but on the mad chance that does happen, someone else got the whole set in 1 10 roll. The market evens out, so the pieces still circulate tons.

Most people can spend like 10-20 dollars on gacha to make money / get random goodies / get some pieces of a set they really want, not many people are willing to spend $70 on a full set and not much more.

I think saying most is kinda being a bit too generous. You're honestly unlikely to get anything in 2 rolls. lol

• @Hails said:

@Mystio said:

@Alexiiius said:

@Pengyz said:

I think saying most is kinda being a bit too generous. You're honestly unlikely to get anything in 2 rolls. lol

You're entirely misreading what I just said.
    I never said you'd get most in 20 dollars, I said most people are willing to put 10-20 dollars into gacha and circulate any pieces/keep the pieces they get, while the huge paywall of 70 dollars would turn them off entirely, trying to explain why gacha would do more justice

• Do what some other games do and make it so that every RNG box gives a token that you can trade in for the set (or individual pieces, if they really want to be nice), so you're 'guaranteed' to get the set from purchasing x boxes.

Or maybe release more characters, their special agents, get some substantial content out so we actually have things to do other than endless PG runs after blazing through tiny single-zone story updates; host some events with actual good rewards/content (More rampage cube style, less collect-inventory-clutter for crafting res capsules and meh accessories). Basically just get the game fleshed out more so it actually feels like it's going to be a solid game that's here to stay (RIP HeroWarz).

And while I do understand the reasoning behind 'bundling' desirable items along with 'meh' items to drive up the price and get more money out of it; seriously $70? Warframe has $50 Prime Accessories, and while they're less 'transformative' than an entire outfit set for a single character , it still comes with 90 days of boosters and you can have it on all your Warframes. Even P2W games like BDO don't try to sell costumes for $70. Granted, they sell like tons of different character-locked costumes for $20 that significantly help in-game, as well as $35 premium costumes; but you're not going dropping $70 all at once for some blasted above-average cosmetics.

• DAM YURI xD

• ShadladShadlad Member
    edited January 2018

I think the biggest issue is that you can't sell them on the BM therefore the only way to get it is to buy it directly, $70 or gtfo.

• :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::ok_hand:
    :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::gun:

• These 30 days is fuckinhg bullshit a pack with limit wing time why don't they put another item but forever damn.

• And people will defend this too :joy:

• This set is just eww, everyone gonna look exactly the same dafuq... Man make some better looking costumes already. I ain't spending anymore money on garbage.

• 70 dollars, 210 R$ hahahaha

literally 1/3 of our minimum wage hahah good luck for the buyers.

• Did they say if i can save this costume for Violet or Nata?????

• I don't care for tein's, what a waste... Now I like yuri's but not enough for 70 dollars buahahahahaha.