Why does this game take so long to load?

I have an SSD I run my games off of and no other game takes anywhere as long to load. Skyrim SE does not even take half the time to load that this game does, so what gives?

Answers

  • @Pokechu said:

    @C45P3R said:
    I have an SSD I run my games off of and no other game takes anywhere as long to load. Skyrim SE does not even take half the time to load that this game does, so what gives?

    Atrocious code.

    More like part of the loading is Xigncode. :V

  • @Pokechu the Xigncode is taking time on loading on your game
    same goes for everyone
    so please patience is needed o:)

  • @R45RPYG7MW said:
    @Pokechu the Xigncode is taking time on loading on your game
    same goes for everyone
    so please patience is needed o:)

    Ok, but why does Xigncode prevent the game from loading faster? Can't it run its scan while the game is still loading? Is it taking some atrociously long time to scan all the game files as they are loading? It took about 6.5 min to run an AV scan on my system. And it took 2 min for Closers to load, only for about 10 sec did the Xigncode popup.

  • By comparison,
    Skyrim: SE - 11.46s
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - 16.50s
    STARWARS Battlefront - 17.41s
    Thief - 26.84s

  • Well the game is big and its loading the files with the use of "your" internet which is dependant on how fast it is
    thats how basically "only" multiplayer games work for me in a way

  • @R45RPYG7MW said:
    Well the game is big and its loading the files with the use of "your" internet which is dependant on how fast it is
    thats how basically "only" multiplayer games work for me in a way

    Interesting, I never realized this was a flash game that required to be downloaded constantly with some caching...
    But on that note I have a 150mbit line. And as to multiplayer games FFXIV only took around 10-20 sec to load been awhile since I played and don't have an active subscription to check.

  • @C45P3R said:

    @R45RPYG7MW said:
    Well the game is big and its loading the files with the use of "your" internet which is dependant on how fast it is
    thats how basically "only" multiplayer games work for me in a way

    Interesting, I never realized this was a flash game that required to be downloaded constantly with some caching...
    But on that note I have a 150mbit line. And as to multiplayer games FFXIV only took around 10-20 sec to load been awhile since I played and don't have an active subscription to check.

    It isn't a flash game, but it runs a lot of things on peer-to-peer connections... Though the reason xigncode takes ages is that it has to verify the identity of everything you have running in addition to the verifying the games files, and it takes a bit of time to perform an analysis on your active processes to make sure nothing fishy is going on or trying to attach itself to the game process... Not a big fan of xigncode myself though...

  • I feel like the initial startup load has reduced significantly with the Nata update for me. I haven't tried timing it yet, but post-xigncode took a little over a minute before the screen would change with the little pop-up notice before we got Nata. After Nata, it feels like the entire time (including waiting for xigncode to pop up and process) collectively takes no more than a minute.

    I know this thread is about the initial load, but I have questions about sector loading. Some sectors load relatively quickly, but then I'll run into some where I'll load 8%, pause for about 5 seconds, load up to 16%, pause for another 5 seconds, and repeat this process until around 40-50% after which the bar will essentially fly to 100%. I was hoping to hear if anyone has figured out how to resolve this, if at all. I've restarted multiple times to no avail.

  • As I've said, the xigncode only takes 10 sec to run according to it's little popup, so it is not the issue. And after xigncode is done running it still takes over a minute for the game to load for me.

  • @C45P3R said:
    As I've said, the xigncode only takes 10 sec to run according to it's little popup, so it is not the issue. And after xigncode is done running it still takes over a minute for the game to load for me.

    Its the game itself... I have too an SSD and the loading is slow.. so the only thing to do is to have patience

  • @C45P3R said:
    As I've said, the xigncode only takes 10 sec to run according to it's little popup, so it is not the issue. And after xigncode is done running it still takes over a minute for the game to load for me.

    That popup is only xigncodes own initial loading, not everything xigncode does before it lets the game continue.

  • It took 40 minutes for it to load and when it did load it told me that it had an error logging me in. Now whenever I try to load the game, it just sits there with the "Welcome to Closers" "Loading" Screen forever and doesn't load me into the actual game.

  • from what I check on Windows Task Manager, got no Network load at all but medium load on CPU and GPU and quite a raise on Memory, so, I'm guessing this game try to load a lot of stuff in the RAM, conclusion the game need faster and bigger RAM, at least that my opinion

Sign In or Register to comment.