rip harpy

Comments

• @Pokechu said:

@Harem said:

It's a niche game. What do you expect?

~6000 votes -> 180,000 cookies

Assuming 1 cookie per 10 fatigue that's 18,000 fatigue.

It's 1.800.000 fatigue. :p

Total vote count right now is 13.861.
    13.861 x 30 = 415.830 cookies
    415.830 x 10 = 4.158.300 fatigue

Assuming everyone had 3780 stamina and depleted all of it, and also disregarding daily log in cookies/lvl 70 reward cookies/cookies from pvp, it would be 4.158.300 / 3780 which pretty much comes down to ~1100 players that are voting.

Obviously not everyone tryhards and depletes all of their stamina every week and some people barely even play and just vote with their log in cookies and potentially lvl 70 reward cookies. So the amount of players that are actually voting should be far higher.

I think a number of votes are also lost due to people crafting the masks first because they aren't aware that there's an extra week to earn more cookies and to craft stuff like the 8-bit masks after the voting ends.

• @Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:
    I think a number of votes are also lost due to people crafting the masks first because they aren't aware that there's an extra week to earn more cookies and to craft stuff like the 8-bit masks after the voting ends.

There are also some people who are saving all their cookies to vote after the voting period ends, because they don't want their votes to count.

Kind of odd to not want votes to count at all but eh you know what they say, there's no right way to live life. You do what you want to do.

Personally I'm saving them all until tomorrow which will give me an idea of how much I should put aside for the masks.

• @Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

There are also some people who are saving all their cookies to vote after the voting period ends, because they don't want their votes to count.

Kind of odd to not want votes to count at all but eh you know what they say, there's no right way to live life. You do what you want to do.

Personally I'm saving them all until tomorrow which will give me an idea of how much I should put aside for the masks.

You can just use all of them to vote.

Hmm.. ok. You know, I actually saw the April 3rd date and first last night and wanted to make a thread this morning to ask why the cookies and boxes had an expiration date of next week but I changed my mind because I saw a different date this morning. Turns out depending if you're looking at https://closers.enmasse.com/about/harpy-vs-tina or https://closers.enmasse.com/news/posts/choose-which-wolf-dog-releases-next the dates are different. Based on the expiration dates, I think the splash page has an incorrect date. Can someone at EME confirm? @Cochese ?

• HaremHarem Member

@Pokechu said:

@Harem said:

It's a niche game. What do you expect?

~6000 votes -> 180,000 cookies

Assuming 1 cookie per 10 fatigue that's 18,000 fatigue.

It's 1.800.000 fatigue. :p

Total vote count right now is 13.861.
    13.861 x 30 = 415.830 cookies
    415.830 x 10 = 4.158.300 fatigue

Assuming everyone had 3780 stamina and depleted all of it, and also disregarding daily log in cookies/lvl 70 reward cookies/cookies from pvp, it would be 4.158.300 / 3780 which pretty much comes down to ~1100 players that are voting.

Obviously not everyone tryhards and depletes all of their stamina every week and some people barely even play and just vote with their log in cookies and potentially lvl 70 reward cookies. So the amount of players that are actually voting should be far higher.

my bad you're right

• This whole conflicting dates in multiple places thing seems to be a trend with EME now lol. I wonder if there’s multiple people handling the same thing and not communicating well with eachother. Might be a case of too many hands in the pot, so to speak.

• HimeHime Member

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

Hmm.. ok. You know, I actually saw the April 3rd date and first last night and wanted to make a thread this morning to ask why the cookies and boxes had an expiration date of next week but I changed my mind because I saw a different date this morning. Turns out depending if you're looking at https://closers.enmasse.com/about/harpy-vs-tina or https://closers.enmasse.com/news/posts/choose-which-wolf-dog-releases-next the dates are different. Based on the expiration dates, I think the splash page has an incorrect date. Can someone at EME confirm? @Cochese ?

Oh, yeah, the dates are completely different, huh. Really confusing.

Went ahead and asked Bear.Shoes for you guys.
    March 19th is the correct one, not the April date.

• NataTheGodNataTheGod Member
    edited March 2018

@Alexiiius said:
    Nha, im still celebrating because tina will win. I dont care about this pull because its obviously a big part of tina voters having keep his votes like me. Im sorry for you sad harpy voter but i have like 30 votes olnly for me. That make your poll really absurd and you can still crying, as i said i dont care about this because tina will win <3

So, repeat with me my lovely forum: RIP HARPY HUEHUEHUE

30 votes... So cute¯_ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°_/¯

• @xHime said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I definitely need to plan ahead then since that means I only have one week to earn the amount needed for the masks and I want to make both =P

• @Alexiiius said:
    Nha, im still celebrating because tina will win. I dont care about this pull because its obviously a big part of tina voters having keep his votes like me. Im sorry for you sad harpy voter but i have like 30 votes olnly for me. That make your poll really absurd and you can still crying, as i said i dont care about this because tina will win <3

I have to admit. As much as I want Tina to win, seeing this guy makes me want to vote for Harpy instead.

• @Massivehippie said:

@Alexiiius said:

I have to admit. As much as I want Tina to win, seeing this guy makes me want to vote for Harpy instead.

Both sides have their people like that, I just do my best to ignore them... or laugh when things go horribly wrong (I have a moderately spiteful sense of humor)

• ..> @xHime said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

@Pokechu said:

@DarkLightning said:

Very good to know. I plan on farming the boxes even after the voting ends. The items out of it are actually very handy

• @Pokechu said:
    Few things are as satisfying as proving someone wrong and then rubbing it in. ಠﭛಠ

IF Harpy ends up winning. Ohhhhhh boy. He's never going to live that down.

As much as I want Tina to win, I'mma feel sick to my stomach if I actually see the guy start gloating

• Sore winners are worse than sore losers, so you wouldn't be alone there.
    Don't need a fortuneteller to predict there will be one regardless of who wins though. Don't be that guy, folks.

• @Hadasy said:
    Sore winners are worse than sore losers, so you wouldn't be alone there.
    Don't need a fortuneteller to predict there will be one regardless of who wins though. Don't be that guy, folks.

I agree with you on this; IF Tina wins this guy is going to be gloating about it and IF Harpy wins you will have the Harpy Supporters rubbing it in the Tina Supporters face. This event has been sickening since day 1 I feel.

• I think they should have just not revealed the numbers until the all the votes were tallied. Not sure why they felt like it was a good idea to show the numbers as it went. Would have been more exciting to not know until the end on a charge of the changes by the day.

• @DarkLightning said:
    I think they should have just not revealed the numbers until the all the votes were tallied. Not sure why they felt like it was a good idea to show the numbers as it went. Would have been more exciting to not know until the end on a charge of the changes by the day.

Oh I agree with you 100%. I am seeing Harpy Supporters gloating now :/

• As it stands, releasing both chars at once would have the least damage on our hearts I think. One side wouldn't be able to gloat over another and stuff like that.

• HaremHarem Member

@DarkLightning said:
    I think they should have just not revealed the numbers until the all the votes were tallied. Not sure why they felt like it was a good idea to show the numbers as it went. Would have been more exciting to not know until the end on a charge of the changes by the day.

Because people wouldn't believe them regardless.

Wait until the end

Harpy Wins -> Tina players go crazy because THERE IS NO WAY TINA CAN LOSE REEEEEEEEEEEE

Tina Wins -> Harpy players will say they farmed 24/7 for the past 8 months so there is no way those numbers are right.

Hell, even now with the daily releases, people already think numbers are being fudged.

No one will win in the end.

EME made a terrible choice to do it this way.

Even if they release both as a "thank you" or a "sorry", the people that grinded their asses off won't be happy because they worked so hard to get their char first and now both come anyway.

tl;dr this event was bad and EME needs to know it

• MuonMuon Member

@Harem said:

Even if they release both as a "thank you" or a "sorry", the people that grinded their asses off won't be happy because they worked so hard to get their char first and now both come anyway.

They grinded so they can play the character they wanted not to win the competition. If the effort influences the release order for example enmasse saw efforts of the losing side even though it was scheduled one char only however changed in the middle because of these efforts then it is worth it. Releasing both chars are unusual in itself which is surprising if they would do.

• @Harem said:

@DarkLightning said:

Because people wouldn't believe them regardless.

Wait until the end

Harpy Wins -> Tina players go crazy because THERE IS NO WAY TINA CAN LOSE REEEEEEEEEEEE

Tina Wins -> Harpy players will say they farmed 24/7 for the past 8 months so there is no way those numbers are right.

Hell, even now with the daily releases, people already think numbers are being fudged.

No one will win in the end.

EME made a terrible choice to do it this way.

ALL of this is true; the event became a thing because people kept going "Tina When?" and "Harpy When?" during the weekly streams EME does and on the announcement stream for this Event Bearshoes even said "No More Harpy When, No More Tina When because now you can decide who is next", at first first I thought this would be a fun event but now it's just tedious and lacklustered, I never played KR Closers but when I play TERA I play as a Gunner and between the two I would have more fun playing as Tina in Closers but at this point I am losing interest in the game because of how I feel like I am "forced" to play the game just to try and get cookies to vote.

• AlexiiiusAlexiiius Member
    edited March 2018

Thats all for now. See u tomorrow <3

PD: @xHime @NataTheGod @Hadasy @Harem @AeonSmith

• @Alexiiius said:

Thats all for now. See u tomorrow <3

PD: @xHime @NataTheGod @Hadasy @Harem @AeonSmith

Voting Ends on Wednesday so Harpy still has a full day and a half to catch up and take the lead again

• i still have my votes, now 43 <3

• CocheseCochese Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff

We are always looking to improve and I truly thought giving players the power to choose who they played next, would be good fun. I am here listening to everyone's feedback, and I realize this event will end with mixed results.

This thing is way closer than I would have thought, but we will not be releasing both characters - so there will only be one. The reason we are ending this on the 14th is so we can give Naddic the winning character in time to add for the 4/3 build.

I appreciate the thoughts here, I'll keep them in mind as we continue planning future community events with all of you.

• @Pokechu said:
    Inb4 Tina voters all popped their cookie stockpiles early while Harpy voters didn't. lol>

I think alot of the Hoarders on both sides already started to do that considering both sides went up by 2K votes

• I don't know who I'm gonna vote for anymore. All I know is that I'm gonna save all my votes for the very last day for the charity event.

• @Massivehippie said:
    I don't know who I'm gonna vote for anymore. All I know is that I'm gonna save all my votes for the very last day for the charity event.

What charity event?

• Saving cookies for charity ^_^
    I personally enjoy the competitive nature of this event and only some people take offense to it. Sadly for this audience i'd steer away from this type of player choice event in the future.

Also come on people enjoy yourselves, no need to go at each others throats or be toxic and if your favourite doesn't get picked try the other one you might even like them?

• @fullmetalone said:

@Massivehippie said:
    I don't know who I'm gonna vote for anymore. All I know is that I'm gonna save all my votes for the very last day for the charity event.

What charity event?

It's on the news tab today

• CocheseCochese Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff

@fullmetalone said:

@Massivehippie said:

What charity event?

https://closers.enmasse.com/news/posts/tina-vs-harpy-vote-with-our-dollars