Need help deciding

Hello.

Been playing on Yuri before Nata's release and now Nata, and now I'm looking towards a psi-based alt.

Could anyone give me the pros and cons between Levia and Sylvi (Seulbi) as a starting point? Also don't mention team buff, I do plan on leveling both eventually but this is more towards which I would gear, etc etc.

Comments

  • BeleilaBeleila Member
    edited March 2018

    Havent played Levia much so i cant give u much input on that front shes just feeling weird to me.
    About Sylvi:
    +Great dungeon clear

    • high burst
    • fun to play thats my opinion tho
      -not much if a pvp char until SA
      -very static (not much mobility spells)
      -very low base defense
      shes more the sit back type of mage not much for when u want in the middle of the action
  • HaremHarem Member

    I much prefer Levia.

    +High level of AOE
    +Lots of "cast and go skills". Throw them down, run around and spam more skills.
    +imo better Mana regeneration skills than Sylvi. I can sustain my Mana pretty well with the W skill (forget the name, it's the mana ball skill). Sylvi's version just seems weaker to me in terms of mana regen.
    +Spirit Bomb skill

    I honestly don't like Sylvi but when I started she was the only "ranged"-ish class available so I played her until ~40-50. Then when Levia came out I played her.

  • @Harem said:
    I much prefer Levia.

    +High level of AOE
    +Lots of "cast and go skills". Throw them down, run around and spam more skills.
    +imo better Mana regeneration skills than Sylvi. I can sustain my Mana pretty well with the W skill (forget the name, it's the mana ball skill). Sylvi's version just seems weaker to me in terms of mana regen.
    +Spirit Bomb skill

    I honestly don't like Sylvi but when I started she was the only "ranged"-ish class available so I played her until ~40-50. Then when Levia came out I played her.

    I guess its a preference thing but my Levia is lvl 25 and it feels like i drain my mana in seconds what im doing wrong?

  • @Beleila said:

    I guess its a preference thing but my Levia is lvl 25 and it feels like i drain my mana in seconds what im doing wrong?

    If you've ever seen Diabolic Esper from Elsword, Levia is kinda like that. Some of her skills use phase force instead of MP so in a sense, she has 2 MP bars, but to keep up that phase force, you gotta keep summoning to build it.

  • HaremHarem Member

    @Beleila said:

    @Harem said:
    I much prefer Levia.

    +High level of AOE
    +Lots of "cast and go skills". Throw them down, run around and spam more skills.
    +imo better Mana regeneration skills than Sylvi. I can sustain my Mana pretty well with the W skill (forget the name, it's the mana ball skill). Sylvi's version just seems weaker to me in terms of mana regen.
    +Spirit Bomb skill

    I honestly don't like Sylvi but when I started she was the only "ranged"-ish class available so I played her until ~40-50. Then when Levia came out I played her.

    I guess its a preference thing but my Levia is lvl 25 and it feels like i drain my mana in seconds what im doing wrong?

  • @Harem said:

    @Beleila said:

    @Harem said:
    I much prefer Levia.

    +High level of AOE
    +Lots of "cast and go skills". Throw them down, run around and spam more skills.
    +imo better Mana regeneration skills than Sylvi. I can sustain my Mana pretty well with the W skill (forget the name, it's the mana ball skill). Sylvi's version just seems weaker to me in terms of mana regen.
    +Spirit Bomb skill

    I honestly don't like Sylvi but when I started she was the only "ranged"-ish class available so I played her until ~40-50. Then when Levia came out I played her.

    I guess its a preference thing but my Levia is lvl 25 and it feels like i drain my mana in seconds what im doing wrong?

    hmm its basicly the same skill as for silvy then so not much difference there.

  • nyxonnyxon Member
    edited March 2018

    @Beleila said:

    @Harem said:
    I much prefer Levia.

    +High level of AOE
    +Lots of "cast and go skills". Throw them down, run around and spam more skills.
    +imo better Mana regeneration skills than Sylvi. I can sustain my Mana pretty well with the W skill (forget the name, it's the mana ball skill). Sylvi's version just seems weaker to me in terms of mana regen.
    +Spirit Bomb skill

    I honestly don't like Sylvi but when I started she was the only "ranged"-ish class available so I played her until ~40-50. Then when Levia came out I played her.

    I guess its a preference thing but my Levia is lvl 25 and it feels like i drain my mana in seconds what im doing wrong?

    repeatedly cast her buff skill (the one on V button). it charges her PP...you can easily fill your PP with that buff skill (forgot the name) them with that...and everytime you cast PP it gives you mana...also I would suggest mastering the level of empowered state for Levia cause it benefits her A LOT...anyway since you have your own chargeable PP, you're pretty much always in empowered state and have your own way of replenishing mana....at early level she consumes more mana (stat reasons) but once you get lvl 65, your mana will be full most of the time (or actually everytime lol)...
    frankly, Levia is the most busted character both in PvP, PvE and ofc
    physically as well ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • HaremHarem Member

    @Beleila said:

    @Harem said:

    @Beleila said:

    @Harem said:
    I much prefer Levia.

    +High level of AOE
    +Lots of "cast and go skills". Throw them down, run around and spam more skills.
    +imo better Mana regeneration skills than Sylvi. I can sustain my Mana pretty well with the W skill (forget the name, it's the mana ball skill). Sylvi's version just seems weaker to me in terms of mana regen.
    +Spirit Bomb skill

    I honestly don't like Sylvi but when I started she was the only "ranged"-ish class available so I played her until ~40-50. Then when Levia came out I played her.

    I guess its a preference thing but my Levia is lvl 25 and it feels like i drain my mana in seconds what im doing wrong?

    hmm its basicly the same skill as for silvy then so not much difference there.

    It's most likely due to the fact that Levia has skills that consume Phase Force rather than Mana. This allows her to preserve mana and get her Singularity off cooldown.

  • HadasyHadasy Member
    edited March 2018

    I find they have a lot of overlap in what they can do. Played Sylvi during alpha, Levia since her release. Haven't gotten around to levelling Sylvi again yet. Going by that, Levia just feels like an improved version of Sylvi's kit, though I never got to try Sylvi's lucky phase token skill.

    Just some examples:
    Sylvi's Blades / Levia's Fang Stab: Linear attack, but Levia can aim downwards while airborne, making it easier to hit small enemies.
    Cluster / Singularity: Mana regen. Levia gets a gravity well effect, Sylvi has a seperate skill for that purpose.
    Gravity Flux & Magnetic Infusion / Snake Signet & Mamushi Swamp: Radial aoe. Sylvi is stationary, Levia can move, catching more targets, potentially everything in the area. I think Sylvi's phase token skill fixes that gap now.

  • nyxonnyxon Member
    edited March 2018

    @Muryoku said:
    Hello.

    Been playing on Yuri before Nata's release and now Nata, and now I'm looking towards a psi-based alt.

    Could anyone give me the pros and cons between Levia and Sylvi (Seulbi) as a starting point? Also don't mention team buff, I do plan on leveling both eventually but this is more towards which I would gear, etc etc.

    these guys pretty much said whats about both...
    the only downside I see with Sylvi is unlike Levia, she only has 2 iframe (and they're very short duration unlike Levia..in Tiamat you'll need to use Iframe wisely if you're using Sylvi and dont want to die quickly lol ) and also since you use all of your skills repeatedly and quickly (she has a low CD skills and fast skill animation...which is really gud) you consume a lot of mana quickly as well..

    TLDR
    Levia if you just want to mash enemy without making an effort both in pvp and pve

    Sylvi if you're really good at combo and prefer fast pace character

  • Btw Mistel is also Psi based if i remember correct^^

  • @Pokechu said:
    Tein is the most broken Psi character in the game.

    Any chance you can give me a rundown on how he is? I played him back during the alpha to lvl 60, but I feel like I never really got the hang of him. I currently have one at lvl 50 but that's by virtue of housing explorations, as far as gameplay, I've only just gotten his OA promotion.

  • 9CKGR7T9GY9CKGR7T9GY Member
    edited March 2018

    @Orenglaive said:

    @Pokechu said:
    Tein is the most broken Psi character in the game.

    Any chance you can give me a rundown on how he is? I played him back during the alpha to lvl 60, but I feel like I never really got the hang of him. I currently have one at lvl 50 but that's by virtue of housing explorations, as far as gameplay, I've only just gotten his OA promotion.

    1. Of all the current char, Tein has the largest sized AOEs (losing to Levia's Snake Signet) for his non Special Move skills.
    2. And nearly all of his skills (except Air Spear, Mjölnir, Lævateinn and Special Move #1: Gungnir) hit 360 degrees indiscriminately. Meaning you can't miss any target unless they are offscreen or in i-frame.
    3. Tein has infinite MP after you open the related PNA MP Nodes. (Remember to V after throwing 3 different colors of "crop circles")
    4. Tein has "an extra life" every 1min because of his Special Move #3: Vahalla's Court.
    5. When in doubt, just spin to win with his Whirlwind skill because it's like a vacuum cleaner for trash mobs.
    6. When in doubt, just use any skill that is not on cooldown.
  • @9CKGR7T9GY said:

    1. Of all the current char, Tein has the largest sized AOEs (losing to Levia's Snake Signet) for his non Special Move skills.
    2. And nearly all of his skills (except Air Spear, Mjölnir, Lævateinn and Special Move #1: Gungnir) hit 360 degrees indiscriminately. Meaning you can't miss any target unless they are offscreen or in i-frame.
    3. Tein has infinite MP after you open the related PNA MP Nodes. (Remember to V after throwing 3 different colors of "crop circles")
    4. Tein has "an extra life" every 1min because of his Special Move #3: Vahalla's Court.
    5. When in doubt, just spin to win with his Whirlwind skill because it's like a vacuum cleaner for trash mobs.
    6. When in doubt, just use any skill that is not on cooldown.

    As far as stuff I was missing then, it's just number 3. Admittedly I do need to upgrade his gear, but I guess I just haven't gotten him to the point where he feels as stellar as he should be (PNA). Thanks!

  • @Pokechu said:

    @9CKGR7T9GY said:
    6. When in doubt, just use any skill that is not on cooldown.

    https://twitch.tv/videos/236868443

    Kappa

    Such fun to play against in PvP

  • Thank you all for the responses so far!

    Yes I did forget Mistel actually though honestly he doesn't interest me as much, though I'll ask for the pros and cons of him anyway, and also for Wolfgang (Yes I know he's far off) for anyone that's played him in other servers, if they could put in some input too that would be fantastic.

    Thank you again everyone.

  • NatoriousNatorious Member
    edited March 2018

    I played Wolfgang to like lv 60,

    pros:

    • AoE he has shit ton of those
    • Teleportig abilities ( Iframes )
    • At release he was OP in PvP ( sadly they butchered him down )
    • His skills have more into them due buffs effects etc
    • he looks dope and will slap you with his bible
      Cons

    • his dmg sucks

    • takes more practice to chain with him due the teleportation, easy to miss the target
    • his FM2/3 are kinda iffy
Sign In or Register to comment.