Tina Vs. Harpy Event

Am I the only one that gets a laugh when people are claiming that this event is being "rigged", everyday with each update since Day 2 with Harpy catching up more and more to Tina I have been seeing/Hearing people claiming that this event is being "rigged".

Comments

• @Pokechu said:
    No, it makes me chuckle too. (・∀・)

Like seriously it's rediculous, I would like Tina to win because I see myself having more fun playing Tina than I do with Harpy but in all seriousness I feel bad for the EME Staff after this event; from my understanding they made this event because of all of the "Tina When?" "Harpy When?" comments from their streams and now with how people are reacting to this event no matter who wins there is going to be a bad backlash and even more "Tina When?" or "Harpy When". :(

• @Pokechu said:
    Unless they release both at the same time. (・∀・)

Sadly it seems that will be the only way to prevent all of the negativity after this event. Would be nice to get a Secret Surprise Update to include whoever doesn't win but who knows if EME would even do that. Only time will tell what happens with the character that doesn't win after this and here's to hoping for the best.

• Tina fans had a chance to show their love, but it looks like all they cared about were free wins in pvp.

• @Chromatian said:
    Tina fans had a chance to show their love, but it looks like all they cared about were free wins in pvp.

I am not a pvp player so all I can do is 10 fatigue runs and then I get the 10 cookies for logging in cause I have a free 30 day Elite membership but Fat and Pots are a thing and I have been voting for Tina but I still see it as just a game and the way people are acting is just plain absurd.

• MuonMuon Member

Less people are going to participate in the event if the votes turn out to be one-sided, it will defeat the purpose of the event. Given that scenario it is hard to believe that these 2 chars are that super close to each other when it comes to popularity and votes. Consistent increase without any hitch or drop whatsover dont make any sense either. Not only that the votes are increasing each day? What? Even though population count goes up and down everyday without any consistency at all. But I want Harpy to win for science and less toxicity.

• @Muon said:
    Less people are going to participate in the event if the votes turn out to be one-sided, it will defeat the purpose of the event. Given that scenario it is hard to believe that these 2 chars are that super close to each other when it comes to popularity and votes. Consistent increase without any hitch or drop whatsover dont make any sense either. Not only that the votes are increasing each day? What? Even though population count goes up and down everyday without any consistency at all. But I want Harpy to win for science and less toxicity.

It does seem a little fishy when you put it like that. Though, it could be more Tina fans have quit the game than there are Harpy fans at 70. A lot of my friends left after Tina lost to Nata.

• XenoviachanXenoviachan Member
    edited March 2018

Wasn't there a poll to decide it before?

• I didn't notice any poll for Nata. This is the first poll I have seen for any characters but going off of this I am sure Tina would have won probably and it would have been Nata vs. Harpy for this event.

• @Muon said:
    But I want Harpy to win for science and less toxicity.

There's going to be Toxicity no matter who wins unfortunately, I have heard people say that they would leave closers if Harpy Lost

• MuonMuon Member

@Pokechu said:
    I guess the "vocal minority" wasn't as much of a minority as you thought.

Using steam as an indicator for concurrent player numbers is useless, as it doesn't take the people who use the regular EME launcher into account.

Yea, the only explanation i can think of why the votes are consistent is because majority of people dont vote at all so it was a battle of hard cores vs hard cores. 30 cookies is steep for casual individual for their votes to count. So the drop and increase in steam population dont matter if they cant vote in the first place. Assuming there are horders on each sides, it wouldnt make sense the votes tally would end up consistently in pattern, because that sudden hording of votes in a particular day will make the vote counts more unpredictable, it will spike on either sides, not with consistent result like what we have now. We can still use steam as sample size on our population, it is similar to polling body during election that they will interview 1k or 5k of people? To hear what they want or like/dont like.

• @Muon said:
    ...But I want Harpy to win for science and less toxicity.

''Science''

edited March 2018

@Pokechu said:

@Xenoviachan said:
    Wasn't there a poll to decide it before?

No. That was a poll created by a forum member, not by EME staff. There has never been any official Nata vs Tina poll/vote/what have you.

Wait! But someone from EME staff announced Nata would be next on that forum poll after he won. I still remember it because the post told us almost two weeks before the news update on 2/13/18.

@Cochese said:
    Looks like Nata won! Nata will be here on Feb 20/21 (the update after launch) :)

Reference:
    Cochese. (2018, January 31). Tina vs Nata: Which playable Wolfdog do you want EME to release next?. pg.3 Retrieved from https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/2988/tina-vs-nata-which-playable-wolfdog-do-you-want-eme-to-release-next/p3

• @fullmetalone said:
    There's going to be Toxicity no matter who wins unfortunately, I have heard people say that they would leave closers if Harpy Lost

Well I personally wouldn't leave, as much as just take a break sence I have so many hobbies to take care of, that my schedule for them was completely ruined thanks to school always trying to find new ways to waste my time.

edited March 2018

That's true, but I think that message was in reply to her asking "So when's Harpy"

• @Xenoviachan said:
    That's true, but I think that message was in reply to her asking "So when's Harpy"

@Pokechu is right about that poll. It wasn't official and Cochese was just joking. His statement doesn't make sense in the context you're reading it. Why would "When's Harpy" be something one of EME's staff would need to ask. That's not what he was referring to about Hadasy reading his mind. Think about it. The poll was made by a player not EME, and there is no official "end" to the poll. If you haven't voted in that poll yet, you're still able to even though Nata has already been released. If it was official, they would have closed it after he "won"

This event is the first time they've let us "decide" on the next character.

I do agree though that potential votes that could have went to Tina have been lost due to "quitting until later" players. A large portion of the active players in my crew wanted to vote for Tina, but they've all went back to playing Closers KR because of various reasons (mainly because Character X or SA has not been released yet and they don't want to wait)

edited March 2018

@ Pokechu You might need to recheck the forum post. Its the first one Hadasy wrote after Cochese. That's also your opinion. They take player feedback into consideration. That's why we have Harpy and Tina in the poll, and a character release order that is different.

@Noxobsurca Well her full post was "Thanks for letting us know! Can finally let the topic rest for a bit!
    So when's Harpy?", so I could understand why they would want a break from getting those polls everyday. I couldn't agree with you more. I'm pretty excited for how they did things this time.

• @Xenoviachan said:
    @ Pokechu You might need to recheck the forum post. Its the first one Hadasy wrote after Cochese. That's also your opinion. They take player feedback into consideration. That's why we have Harpy and Tina in the poll, and a character release order that is different.

@Noxobsurca Well her full post was "Thanks for letting us know! Can finally let the topic rest for a bit!
    So when's Harpy?", so I could understand why they would want a break from getting those polls everyday. I couldn't agree with you more. I'm pretty excited for how they did things this time.

So when's Wolfgang?

• Well back to topic, Tina supporters do you feel the pressure now? There will be 2 choices to make either give up or make this reason as fuel (Loli Powah) to obliterate thy enemies. Just like in 1st Day Harpy supporters lost in votes, they used their T H I C C will and Big plot- i mean determination to make this far.

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators

@Enscala said:

@Xenoviachan said:

So when's Wolfgang?

Asking the real questions right here. This guy.

• Honestly, I feel like this event was a big mistake. If Harpy wins, then there was no point in having this contest to begin with, as she was going to be released next anyhow, but the people who wanted Tina may quit or at least, take a break and stop spending money out of spite.

Same thing if Tina wins. The Harpy fans were going to get her next by default, but then they feel robbed of the character that was supposed to be released next (and was on probably almost every other server), and the entire purpose of this event is to just throw sand in their face and deprive them of their favorite character. Then THEY will quit or take a break, and EME will lose money.

No matter who wins, EME loses, and they'll probably lose customers unless they just release both either at the same time, or almost at the same time (like literally 1 week after the other). I feel like whoever okayed this event should get reprimanded, as all it does is create a lot of ill-will, split the fanbase, and potentially lose customers.

Hell, the farming alone to try and get who I want (Tina), has made me so tired, that I'm starting to get sick of this game, because it forces me to play more than I'd like to get what I'd like. Basically, it's become a grind, and more like work than play, and when games become work instead of play is when I seriously consider quitting.

I honestly hope they just release both at the end, and NEVER do anything like this again. Otherwise, when they run the numbers of player counts and money-spending after they announce the results, I feel like they'll be in for a big shock, and not in a good way.

• @Salvo1 said:
    Honestly, I feel like this event was a big mistake. If Harpy wins, then there was no point in having this contest to begin with, as she was going to be released next anyhow, but the people who wanted Tina may quit or at least, take a break and stop spending money out of spite.

Same thing if Tina wins. The Harpy fans were going to get her next by default, but then they feel robbed of the character that was supposed to be released next (and was on probably almost every other server), and the entire purpose of this event is to just throw sand in their face and deprive them of their favorite character. Then THEY will quit or take a break, and EME will lose money.

No matter who wins, EME loses, and they'll probably lose customers unless they just release both either at the same time, or almost at the same time (like literally 1 week after the other). I feel like whoever okayed this event should get reprimanded, as all it does is create a lot of ill-will, split the fanbase, and potentially lose customers.

Hell, the farming alone to try and get who I want (Tina), has made me so tired, that I'm starting to get sick of this game, because it forces me to play more than I'd like to get what I'd like. Basically, it's become a grind, and more like work than play, and when games become work instead of play is when I seriously consider quitting.

I honestly hope they just release both at the end, and NEVER do anything like this again. Otherwise, when they run the numbers of player counts and money-spending after they announce the results, I feel like they'll be in for a big shock, and not in a good way.

Dunno my assumption is to date as a Publisher u can just do it wrong. There is no right answer out there. If we assume they would release Tina and Harpy at he same Patch then what happens is that Ppl post why isnt Violet here yet or wathever char else they want. Some like me doesnt care at all who comes first since im waiting anyway for Silvys SA. But when ur fun u have with a game depends on it that a single char gets released then maybe u should think about if u rly want too play as it is.

In the end i think there are alot of ppl that doesnt even vote since the vote numbers quite low. If that were all the playerbase of Closers the game isnt worthwile in regards of Money anyway!

• @Salvo1 said:
    Honestly, I feel like this event was a big mistake. If Harpy wins, then there was no point in having this contest to begin with, as she was going to be released next anyhow, but the people who wanted Tina may quit or at least, take a break and stop spending money out of spite.

"Thou shalt speak only for thyself and shall refer only to thine own experiences, thoughts and feelings."
    (Which you might have done but consider language berries and other factors kek)
    Rather than protest this vote event, people just accepted it with open hands instead. I won't argue that letting grind decide is a bad idea. They probably should have used this after char release for something else like events or costumes.

Personally, I lost my mood when I saw that next char is going to be released on April 3. One month of commitment Is all I need to understand most things in Korean, considering I am starting from zero point. Being EME is somehow hard because of existence of other servers, which, to me at least, are more worthy investment of time and money.

• For me is this event "poorly thought out".
    1. activity - if you have less time => you loose. Thats why i quittet Black desert.
    2. create mass acc for better win conditions. Its nice if someone can multiple times vote for a character,
    3. its splits the community. Acutally to much hate against tina and harpy

• sevaslatoresevaslatore Member
    edited March 2018
    1. its splits the community. Acutally to much hate against tina and harpy

I am acting way too much lately >,> Community is way bigger than obnoxious vocal minority on discord/forum. I may be a bit of misanthrope but generally, most people tend no to procrastinate in such stupid, useless manner. And don't forget about trolls, drama seekers and soft moderation on forums. It has its pros, but may look like gazebo covered in bird's poo.

• @sevaslatore said:

@Salvo1 said:

"Thou shalt speak only for thyself and shall refer only to thine own experiences, thoughts and feelings."
    (Which you might have done but consider language berries and other factors kek)
    Rather than protest this vote event, people just accepted it with open hands instead. I won't argue that letting grind decide is a bad idea. They probably should have used this after char release for something else like events or costumes.

Personally, I lost my mood when I saw that next char is going to be released on April 3. One month of commitment Is all I need to understand most things in Korean, considering I am starting from zero point. Being EME is somehow hard because of existence of other servers, which, to me at least, are more worthy investment of time and money.

Personally, I feel the opposite. It's too much hassle for me to go through the process of "acquiring" a Korean SSN to play the Korean server. Sure they get everything first, being the original server, but that's not worth not being able to speak to majority of the players. Maybe it's because my last experience with being on an NA server was a positive one. We had fan translations of new KR content, so we would prepare ahead of time for the new content and have an easier time with it. That's the point I expect Closers NA/EU to reach, so I don't mind waiting for content. But I've noticed that several players here would rather play the KR version. To each their own I guess.

• I don't mind if Tina loses since a lot of my friends will come back for harpy and i'd rather them be happy than i since i can wait but, i also feel like this was a waste of time. Nice little event sure, but i feel like it would of been better to say "hey so and so is next " rather than this since people who aren't even going to touch the characters are just going to decide on the one they hate the least or can "deal" with easier.

• @Pokechu said:

@EdoBeats said:
    I don't mind if Tina loses since a lot of my friends will come back for harpy and i'd rather them be happy than i since i can wait but, i also feel like this was a waste of time. Nice little event sure, but i feel like it would of been better to say "hey so and so is next " rather than this since people who aren't even going to touch the characters are just going to decide on the one they hate the least or can "deal" with easier.

Amen. So when's Violet?

Violet > everyone but soma

• I'd be okay whoever wins since i want to play both.

Violet pls Soon™

• @Laifuu said:
    I'd be okay whoever wins since i want to play both.

Violet pls Soon™

Amen, but one advice: Never ask for "Soon™". You might just get it...

• I just want to play as Trainer... :'(