Question about Voices for Clarification.

I'm just wondering what the plans are for the Voice Acting. I was reading on one of the topics here that a Staff member mentioned that we are going to have Korean voices with English subs at Launch. However I really would like to know what this means since it mentions " At Launch".
Does this mean we are going to keep them? Does it mean you have plans to Dub it and remove Korean voices completely or does it mean that you will give us an option between Korean and English dub?
Any information you have about this is highly appreciated.

Comments

• Im praying for them to keep the korean voices .. If they can either have a option to choose either korean voices or dubbed voices that would be great .

• the answer was on this thread

• @Setsurei said:

the answer was on this thread

thanks

• That's exactly the Staff member post I was referring to on my post above, I'm asking something different though, hopefully a Staff member can help me out on this one, I really wish to know their plan if they have any.

• I hope it stays with korean voices. I dislike english dubs.

• FireZeroFireZero Member
    edited August 2017

There is a possibility dat there will have Engilsh voices in the game but dat is up to the staff so pray to god dat there will be a option to switch voices to English to Korean

• RyxaRyxa Member

It's possible to mod the game.

• I would like English voices too :3 !

• Why does everybody always assume if they did get dubs that they'd be terrible?

Like I feel like the "dub voices are always bad" cliche died 5 years ago.

• @Shimoneta said:
    Why does everybody always assume if they did get dubs that they'd be terrible?

Like I feel like the "dub voices are always bad" cliche died 5 years ago.

cuz most people played KR or JP and there too used to those voices so dat is why

• English dub are cringy AF so i hope there's an option to selec the voices you want

• Not changing because you're too used to something is exactly what younger people hate about older more conservative people.

Point I'm making is just cause you're used to something doesn't mean you should close off the idea of something new. I played KR and loved the KR voices but I'd love to hear how an English translation of the cast would sound, given the correct direction.

• FireZeroFireZero Member
    edited August 2017

i myself who plays JP i like the voices but i'm willing to give the dub a chance cuz i don't like how people will always hate on dubs cuz they say it cringy when they didn't even heard them yet.

• While voice actors are important, voice direction even more so. Just look at what happened to Elsword. They have an all-star cast of well known game voice actors (heck, Tails's voice actor voices Chung) but the way they were told to do the voices clashes horribly with a lot of animations etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if the VA's didn't even get to see the animations they were voicing for.

As long as Enmasse avoids that, even if the cast is subpar, the dub could be pretty decent.

• NefertariNefertari Member
    edited August 2017

I simply do not like English dubs at all, I don't think I need to give many reasons or excuses for it. I just don't. I prefer my games/anime/movies and pretty much everything with their original voice acting, no matter what.
    If they are planning to remove Korean dub eventually for English dub, that is okay, I just want to know if that is their plan.
    If it is, it just means I have to be prepared to mod it. As annoying as it is (for me).

• Um yeah like if there are eng dub then like please keep an option for Korean still. Cause like I'm still interested in hearing what English would sound like but I don't want to lose J's Korean dub cause it's so good (sorry JP)

• @Nefertari said:
    I simply do not like English dubs at all, I don't think I need to give many reasons or excuses for it. I just don't. I prefer my games/anime/movies and pretty much everything with their original voice acting, no matter what.
    If they are planning to remove Korean dub eventually for English dub, that is okay, I just want to know if that is their plan.
    If it is, it just means I have to be prepared to mod it. As annoying as it is (for me).

agreed. Original is the best . Besides Korean is much better than dubbed. Way better..

• I mean to each their own. It's going to be in Korean english sub anyway, but if they do add an option to have english dub, then it will just be client sided and wouldn't hurt anyone at all. To make the game more attractive to other audiences who don't really watch anime/read manga but will be playing the game, if they prefer english dub even if it's bad, but being able to comprehend a language they are used to. If you want to keep it Korean then go ahead you will not be forced to change options to english dub and should not bash or hate on anyone wishing for it.

• The option to choose would be the best posible approach honestly. The people that just enjoy the game with the original voices will be happy and the people that want to understand what the characters say can be happy as well. If any of them ever feel curious to check how the other voice acting sounds like, they can do so easily too.

• Well knowing all the english voice acting Js Omega will be voice acted Rapid puncheeees God no