Multi-Kill notificaiton never working?

You know the whole "Double kill/Triple kill/domination/extermination/closing" pop-up that sometimes happens? It seems it never correctly shows up 90% of the time and has only ever properly worked in a few missions. Is there something I'm missing here, or does it just not properly work?

Comments

• TaiyangshenTaiyangshen Member
    edited April 2018

it will only happed if you kill a monster with explodes or doing a missions with a NPC that can use skills, like Nata, Sho, Trainer and so on. That why you dont see it so often.
    i hope this helps you :)

• CalpheonCalpheon Member
    edited April 2018

This was something that bothered me for quite a while. It seems it was really common for those messages to appear... in older versions of closers. That's... that's all I know. They possibly changed it later on? I've had it pop-up on occasion, but there was no concrete way for me to guarantee it.
    It appeared with a little more frequency during npc missions, I can agree with what's above on that. But "only" is incorrect as far as my playing has gone as it has happened to me at random times as I've played. Instances include FM's clearing horde of mobs at random, and trash mobs dying as the boss dies.
    In any case, it's certainly interesting, and I was wondering if it was just me that was dealing with this. Guess not.

Edit: What I meant to say was: if you look at old videos of closers gameplay, you can see the messages appearing from normal combos with consistent frequency.I can't pin-point a time where it stopped, but I don't want to look too far into it. I for one don't care if it appears or not, but it only stirred my curiosity as to why it pops up at weird times now.

• The multi-kill isn't referring to YOU multi-killing but how many deaths you can induce through 'environmental factors' like exploding barrels and bombardment beacons. Personally, I don't see much to fret about since it does not affect things much, more like a difficulty challenge you set yourself. Even if you never get a multi-kill, it doesn't matter.

If you are an overachiever though, the biggest problem to getting multi-kills is your firepower. Most of the time, spamming skills sends the mob into dimensional heaven straight away, leaving nothing to blow up so if you want a notification, you need to slow down the rate of skill spam and leave some of them alive to 'blow up'.

• @9YLKECRF74 said:
    The multi-kill isn't referring to YOU multi-killing but how many deaths you can induce through 'environmental factors' like exploding barrels and bombardment beacons. Personally, I don't see much to fret about since it does not affect things much, more like a difficulty challenge you set yourself. Even if you never get a multi-kill, it doesn't matter.

If you are an overachiever though, the biggest problem to getting multi-kills is your firepower. Most of the time, spamming skills sends the mob into dimensional heaven straight away, leaving nothing to blow up so if you want a notification, you need to slow down the rate of skill spam and leave some of them alive to 'blow up'.

I'm not worrying about it or anything, I was just asking this out of sheer curiosity. The environmental kill thing makes sense though.