Quit it with the Buff/Nerf threads seriously.

On a serious note people quit just saying characters need a nerf because you don't know how to deal with them yet.
On a secondary note: Quit saying your character needs a buff because you aren't doing well with them.
This game is super simple to play, and even the gear to make you character in the same class as a whale is easy to acquire. Even more so since the recent revamp.
If you're having issues fighting with a specific character ask a crew member who uses them to help you learn how to manage against them. Do not just come out here on the forums to go on and on about how that character is too op or yours isn't op enough.
I've seen complaints about every character, but just like anything problematic you just need to find the solution.
I don't say this often, but pretty sure a bunch of people need to practice and get good.
Some minor tips:
-Learn what skills you have that can lift your opponent off the ground when they've been knocked down.
-Don't just use cancel right away to break out of an initial hit.
-Learn about more characters then your own favorite so you can learn how to deal with them as well.
-Read your skills for information on what will break super armor or buff you (Including skill cubes).
-Try to bait your opponent into wasting cancel.
-If you're actually planning to TRY then get decent gear before going in or you're just going to be smashed above level 50.
-Losing won't matter when it comes to getting top 10/30 rewards for weekly arena. All you need is the most wins.
-Combat Dodge is your saving grace you absolutely want this skill in pvp.
These are just some tips off the top of my head since I'm not trying to make a guide.
If you have any other tips though for newer players feel free to add in something I may have forgot or quite possibly just didn't know about.

Comments

• wheeee more sjw's

• HadasyHadasy Member
    edited May 2018

That's pvp for you, everything other than me is OP, nerf please.
    I agree with the sentiment, sadly it's unlikely to stop. Well, not that it should, if it's valid feedback. Problem is people don't know how to give proper feedback.

"Buff char X & nerf char Y" alone is completely useless. The minimum requirement for this sort of feedback is stating what needs changing, why, and how it could be better. Anything less than that and it's just complaining, which will be ignored by devs.

• doggoddoggod Member

The problem is that people expect the pvp to be actually balanced in this game when it never will be because it’s a pve game first and foremost with some classes like sylvi being amazing in pve but actual hot garbage in pvp right now. Pvp also being influenced by gear doesn’t help in it’s balance as if there is two equally skilled players, but one is a whale while the other is free to play, the whale is obviously going to destroy.

• OpenersOpeners Member
    edited May 2018

@Hangukjjang said:
    wheeee more sjw's

I had to look up what that even meant, and no I'm just an older guy who is trying to provide actual help rather than sit around complaining.

Edit: Honestly I really was just trying to quell the typical I'm not that character so I hate it's style thoughts and give people some tips on how to deal with pvp. I was speaking from experience. God I hated pvp when I first started I had no idea what I was doing, but I had a handful of crew mates help me out and with their help I got better. I just wanted to pass on alternative suggestions to other players looking for info was all.

• @Pokechu said:
    All those threads are completely pointless. EME will not implement any of the pvp changes people here are asking for. The buffs and nerfs already happened on the korean server and those are what naddic will give us eventually. Nothing more, nothing less.

and thanks god for that, because the last person you should ask for feedback is NA 12 year old players.

• IwynIwyn Member

Lmfao idk bout you guys but instead of lurking the forums, and watching for annoying threads such as those to pop up only to complain and such, why not go on them make sarcastic posts or trigger others, its refreshing and shuts them down at the same time. #NerfLevia.
    Pokechu stated the obvious this thread is just yet another fodder to the further upcoming complaints and false accusations of characters needing buffs and or nerfs. Stop letting it get to you, its literally what happens when any game has pvp involved. tl;dr this thread doesnt help, just ignore and relax since you know its all up to KR naddic at the end of the day.

• OpenersOpeners Member

@Iwyn said:
    Lmfao idk bout you guys but instead of lurking the forums, and watching for annoying threads such as those to pop up only to complain and such, why not go on them make sarcastic posts or trigger others, its refreshing and shuts them down at the same time. #NerfLevia.
    Pokechu stated the obvious this thread is just yet another fodder to the further upcoming complaints and false accusations of characters needing buffs and or nerfs. Stop letting it get to you, its literally what happens when any game has pvp involved. tl;dr this thread doesnt help, just ignore and relax since you know its all up to KR naddic at the end of the day.

Please read what I actually said. I already told another person that I was simply trying to give some pointers to players who are complaining. It isn't getting to me it's just pointless what they are doing and I thought I would try to help out.

• Yes dictator Sir Openers