Regarding The Limited Amount of Channels

In a fairly recent update, the extra 15 channels in the 2nd channel page have been removed. Whether or not this was consulted with the people who actually play the game, I'm not exactly sure. But, as a fairly active NA player, I feel as this doesn't fix any problems and just causes more issues. The amount of lag the game causes for playing a limited amount of time is ridiculous, and even if you were going to limit the number of servers you should implement an automatic system that kicks idle players. Either way, my sort of suggestion is to either bring back more channels or bring a system that kicks idle players (almost all games have this lmao, even club penguin does). I've also been wondering if anyone reading this post experiences the amount of lag and slow connection I receive because of how cramped the channels are? I play on the computer equivalent of an easy back oven and I'd just like to know if anyone with a beefy computer does as well.

Comments

• edited June 2018

I experience fps drop just because they're too much people in the hubs. And even that, when Violet will get out, both channels for Gangnam district will be full (channel 1 and 2), so for the players who will join in a later time for those 2 channels, won't have that additionnal exp from the channel. I'll really love if EME can bring back the 2nd page of channels (16 to 30).

• @Pokechu said:
    The 3-4% additional exp you get from that are completely irrelevant in the first area.

It's still a bonus exp and I love it lol, I'm just sad that they took off the second page of channels T^T.

• Since the renovation update, I feel like they are already giving out too much exp. I used to be able to easily complete Union Watch at the same time as doing the quest line. But because of the massive amount of exp gains post renovation, sometimes the union watch is so far ahead in sectors that I struggle to unlock the sector and complete the union watch, especially on days that I do not have as much time to play. I have avoided the bonus exp channel gains ever since the renovation update. Used to use phase stabilizers at lv 68+. Now I only use at lv 74, and not because I need to, but because I have too many and might as well use them.

If only there were channels that reduced your exp gain. I don't need that much exp...

• you can change the amount of people you see in the settings, People asked multiple times to reduce channels and its a good thing you are not in ghost towns anymore

• @Tarasik said:
    Since the renovation update, I feel like they are already giving out too much exp. I used to be able to easily complete Union Watch at the same time as doing the quest line. But because of the massive amount of exp gains post renovation, sometimes the union watch is so far ahead in sectors that I struggle to unlock the sector and complete the union watch, especially on days that I do not have as much time to play. I have avoided the bonus exp channel gains ever since the renovation update. Used to use phase stabilizers at lv 68+. Now I only use at lv 74, and not because I need to, but because I have too many and might as well use them.

If only there were channels that reduced your exp gain. I don't need that much exp...

The renovation update is something that the KR did so EME can't really change something about it and I personally think that it is great since you can easily cap your characters now.

• nyxonnyxon Member

ikr? somehow, after the reduction of channels, I now get a lot of lag in pvp.....man I was so happy because they finally fixed the desync issue in pvp for OCE players after the reno update.. but after they reduced the number of channel, they just simply reverted back ...but instead of desync, its just enemy teleporting...lmao

and its not only me experiencing it this time, even NA players as well

• After they removed a bunch of channels, in certain HUBS(especially airport), sometimes when I'm in town even if there's literally not a single person there, it feels like I'm memory leaking. Then it disappears when I enter a dungeon or whatever, and it's just ass overall. Did they replace their hamsters with a molerat?

• I'd just like to note I don't mind not getting the EXP buff it's just the sheer amount of lag in the servers I experience.

• @Natorious said:
    you can change the amount of people you see in the settings, People asked multiple times to reduce channels and its a good thing you are not in ghost towns anymore

I don't care about ghost towns, as long as I don't have lag. I simply don't care whether the area I'm in is populated by people or not but I do care if that's affecting the physical gameplay (in the form of lag)

• @Tarasik said:
    Since the renovation update, I feel like they are already giving out too much exp. I used to be able to easily complete Union Watch at the same time as doing the quest line. But because of the massive amount of exp gains post renovation, sometimes the union watch is so far ahead in sectors that I struggle to unlock the sector and complete the union watch, especially on days that I do not have as much time to play. I have avoided the bonus exp channel gains ever since the renovation update. Used to use phase stabilizers at lv 68+. Now I only use at lv 74, and not because I need to, but because I have too many and might as well use them.

I don't particularly care about the exp I care about the lag caused in the game.

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

Brought this up to staff and they see no reason to bring back other channels at this time. Quite unfortunate I really wanted the second page of channels back.

• xHawkyxHawky Member

I love potatoes.

• xHawkyxHawky Member

@Pokechu said:

@xHawky said:
    I love potatoes.

I like trains.

Me too! I also like the clouds feels you can fly.

• @Pokechu said:

@xHawky said:
    I love potatoes.

I like trains.

I like turtles.

• xHawkyxHawky Member

@Pokechu said:

@NekoparaVanilla said:

@Pokechu said:

@xHawky said:
    I love potatoes.

I like trains.

I like turtles.

Oh he sure is flying!

• @xHawky said:

@Pokechu said:

@NekoparaVanilla said:

@Pokechu said:

@xHawky said:
    I love potatoes.

I like trains.

I like turtles.

Oh he sure is flying!

Thats way better then the most Discussions these Days!