Removal of Fatigue on July 3 and Violet Release???

1234568»

Comments

• @MicheleSP said:
    edit 1: Why did you tell me to stay away from forums? I'm not getting angry, just that it sounded rude.

Cuz the forums are more or less on fire cuz of the fatigue thing, so unless you feel like getting caught in the flames, it's safer to just observe from a distance. Y'know, unless you plan on doing a quick drive-by with an opinion.

• @MicheleSP
    I'm sorry if being direct is rude.

• @MicheleSP said:

I'm sick of it, yes, but I also know that there's nothing I can do to stop the debate. As you said (in a rude way), I will stay away from the forum. I just felt like that the debate should cool down a bit, it feels like we're throwing books at each others, etc. I was trying to cool down. I know it's not possible to stop the debate.

Well it's just that it's basic business knowledge to know that inflation WILL occur if you can get money nonstop. It's just really naive to think that nothing will happen to the economy if bots run rampant in every channel. Eventually the overflow of credits in the game will just crash the market. THAT'S what we're most concerned about with the removal of fatigue, and as many players know EME isn't doing a good job at controlling the bots as evidenced in the megas.

• @RyuKaiser said:

@Nathaniel697 said:
    Peoples leaving because of Tina vs Harpy event, not because of Fatigue. Maybe in fall of May because of Harpy's delayed release date and Closer Coins event. NOT BECAUSE OF FATIGUE

Actually, it's why I left. Several other people probably left or never downloaded as well. If you look at the MMORPG forums about this topic several people state they're not joining because of fatigue. If you want people to try and enjoy the game you need to release the restrictions and let people enjoy.

@Zaikurron said:
    i dont know what realm you live in where black desert is doing well when that game still has droves of bots/hackers daily but oh a steamchart says all about the health of the game right? when this game has a standalone launcher

It's the only metric I have, but seeing as the game is quite literally crushing it on one of PC's biggest platforms, yes, it's doing very well. Very active community enjoying it, tons of trade still going on, events that help boost up new and poorer players by getting them to roll new toons and try stuff out.

Enmasse is welcome to publish it's concurrent users this past week though. Otherwise, I'm sticking with what Steam says, and the trends are all roughly the same for games like Dragon Nest, DFO, Elsword, and Kritika. All same game types. All use fatigue. All doing poorly. The only ones really doing well is SoulWorker, and it has it's own standalone launcher, and I'm thinking that game got all it's players from Steam, that and pretty 3D combat.

SoulWorker have game crush because of "disconnect from server" at least a few weeks ago this game have it.
    All MMMO's have standalone launchers.

• Okay, I'm sick of people referencing DFO and not knowing what the hell they're talking about. Either you guys have bad memory or you're lying through your teeth. I've played DFO since early 2009 and I've played it up until it was shut down. DFO removed fatigue in 2011 during the rebirth update. DFO shut down in 2013. That's a full two years gap between DFO removing fatigue and the game shutting down. DFO didn't shut down because they removed fatigue. Nexon no longer cared for the game after they bled it dry and decided to focus on their more profitable MMOs. Nexon stopped updating DFO for six months. That's why DFO died.

• MuonMuon Member

@Mahouroa said:
    Okay, I'm sick of people referencing DFO and not knowing what the hell they're talking about. Either you guys have bad memory or you're lying through your teeth. I've played DFO since early 2009 and I've played it up until it was shut down. DFO removed fatigue in 2011 during the rebirth update. DFO shut down in 2013. That's a full two years gap between DFO removing fatigue and the game shutting down. DFO didn't shut down because they removed fatigue. Nexon no longer cared for the game after they bled it dry and decided to focus on their more profitable MMOs. Nexon stopped updating DFO for six months. That's why DFO died.

They will associate anything to fatigue as long as it fits to their desires. They dont like facts, they only want people to be sheep to their opinions, to the point of using profanity thinking it would be effective for persuasion,

• mistressjmistressj Member
    edited June 2018

@Mahouroa
    I played it around 2011 it was fairly dead in 2012 but just didn't get shut down til 2013 if memory serves.

Also accounts of real players notice an underlying issue.. BOTS is one @Muon
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DFO/comments/301kpx/why_did_dfo_nexon_go_so_badly/

• @mistressj said:
    So they appeal to the people who will play for like a month and once they see over inflated prices quit? Great logic. And if the stamina turned you off the lack of endgame will piss you off more so might as well just turn right around and leave.

Also remember what happened to Nexon DFO? stamina gone? It died within a year if I am not mistaken.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, that's cute. I played DFO, and it died for a lot of reasons.

1: Gachas were random roll, rather than picking the stats you wanted.
    2: Admins were not active, bots overran the place.
    3: Blitz Points were added. They never removed fatigue, only changed how it worked, once out of Blitz Points you couldn't gain any more gear or money for the day, and you still had repair costs.
    4: Patches with content additions were few and far between, and DFO never made any attempt to catch up to Korea.
    5: It came out way too late to make a dent, the hardcore following it had in Korea was there due to how early it dropped on the scene. See why Maple Story is still a thing.
    6: Lack of people to play with. Everyone left for greener pastures.

@Zaikurron said:
    you do realize bdo by being pretty and new its attracts alot of ppl and all the games you named are old looking?
    the horrible auction house is only "trading that game has also those events dont matter when you still need to fight the auction house raid boss then fight the ultimate boss himself the black spirit to get anywhere in the game with zero real content to use the gear on. the active community you are talking are just on the game hoping daum/kakao fix the shitstorm they made by fucking the only thing bdo has other than graphics which is the combat but sure actively complaining community i guess has active in it

Uh, no. You have trading that you can do, you have so many side things, Housing, crafting, there is a frackton to do in BDO and the fact it's not just "get to a certain level then start raiding" is the reason everyone plays it so damn hard. You can use the best gear from Level 1 meaning your progress is meaningful in the game, and PvP is done fairly well over there. I just don't partake. While yes the game is pretty, it also has a good combat system, interesting character classes, and above all, no caps, or at least caps that are insanely hard to hit (I believe there was a gold cap).

It's not that the games are old looking. Team Fortress 2 and Path of Exile are in the Top 10. Good games get lots of players. BDO is a good game that doesn't restrict it's player base, allowing you to grind and have fun as much as you want. This also ropes in streamers, and those streamers go on to bring even more interest into the game. I used to stream, and I considered streaming Closers. It had fatigue, so I waved it off. I will not support a game that doesn't support me in return. Now that it's removing it, I'm setting up a stream with a whole lot of friends and getting our entire community into the game.

• NihiruNihiru Member

@Mahouroa said:
    Okay, I'm sick of people referencing DFO and not knowing what the hell they're talking about. Either you guys have bad memory or you're lying through your teeth. I've played DFO since early 2009 and I've played it up until it was shut down. DFO removed fatigue in 2011 during the rebirth update. DFO shut down in 2013. That's a full two years gap between DFO removing fatigue and the game shutting down. DFO didn't shut down because they removed fatigue. Nexon no longer cared for the game after they bled it dry and decided to focus on their more profitable MMOs. Nexon stopped updating DFO for six months. That's why DFO died.

But doesn't the fact that the removal of fatigue not contributing to a new bustling player population also be an argument for NOT removing fatigue, as some arguments propose it's supposed to bring in an influx of new players?
    The fact of the matter is, if you didn't enjoy Closers enough because of fatigue, I don't think you will enjoy Closers. Period.

edited June 2018

@RyuKaiser I love how you didn't acknowledge that they are going to rope in the people who will only.play for a few months get bored and quit. And they don't cap.you with the endless stam pots they shower you with.
    Fact is they can do without the fairweather players honestly.
    Also being able to use the best gear at lv 1 and claiming your progression is meaningful? What are you on because I want some of that

• Like I said AFK is end game you kiddos.

• @Kirahuang said:
    Like I said AFK is end game you kiddos.

AFK while dancing, mind you.

• @mistressj said:
    @RyuKaiser I love how you didn't acknowledge that they are going to rope in the people who will only.play for a few months get bored and quit. And they don't cap.you with the endless stam pots they shower you with.
    Also being able to use the best gear at lv 1 and claiming your progression is meaningful? What are you on because I want some of that

1: This is literally all games. Very few nolife a game completely, and the ones that do are usually tied into the community. It's funny because the games that do this are the majority and have the most players and most active communities. Stamina Games tend to be ruled by those who came first since no one can really catch up to them, which is why I'm starting to think you're for stamina.

It messes with your status quo and means others can catch up, and it means everyone else isn't tied to playing only the same amount you can. The only ones greedy here are stamina lovers. Otherwise, I have yet to see you explain to me how you being greedy with my time somehow makes stamina alright, and why denying everyone's right to play at their own speed in fear of losing progress via not dumping their stamina that week is somehow a good thing.

2: But it is meaningful. Just like buffs from leveling other characters and maxing out gear Of Level to use in other games, you gave to buy the items or make it yourself for you to get it, thus you have to have progressed at some point to reach those levels. That or you bought a costume on the store and sold it. Most events give you enough money though.

• ZaikurronZaikurron Member
    edited June 2018

@RyuKaiser said:

@mistressj said:
    So they appeal to the people who will play for like a month and once they see over inflated prices quit? Great logic. And if the stamina turned you off the lack of endgame will piss you off more so might as well just turn right around and leave.

Also remember what happened to Nexon DFO? stamina gone? It died within a year if I am not mistaken.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh, that's cute. I played DFO, and it died for a lot of reasons.

1: Gachas were random roll, rather than picking the stats you wanted.
    2: Admins were not active, bots overran the place.
    3: Blitz Points were added. They never removed fatigue, only changed how it worked, once out of Blitz Points you couldn't gain any more gear or money for the day, and you still had repair costs.
    4: Patches with content additions were few and far between, and DFO never made any attempt to catch up to Korea.
    5: It came out way too late to make a dent, the hardcore following it had in Korea was there due to how early it dropped on the scene. See why Maple Story is still a thing.
    6: Lack of people to play with. Everyone left for greener pastures.

@Zaikurron said:
    you do realize bdo by being pretty and new its attracts alot of ppl and all the games you named are old looking?
    the horrible auction house is only "trading that game has also those events dont matter when you still need to fight the auction house raid boss then fight the ultimate boss himself the black spirit to get anywhere in the game with zero real content to use the gear on. the active community you are talking are just on the game hoping daum/kakao fix the shitstorm they made by fucking the only thing bdo has other than graphics which is the combat but sure actively complaining community i guess has active in it

Uh, no. You have trading that you can do, you have so many side things, Housing, crafting, there is a frackton to do in BDO and the fact it's not just "get to a certain level then start raiding" is the reason everyone plays it so damn hard. You can use the best gear from Level 1 meaning your progress is meaningful in the game, and PvP is done fairly well over there. I just don't partake. While yes the game is pretty, it also has a good combat system, interesting character classes, and above all, no caps, or at least caps that are insanely hard to hit (I believe there was a gold cap).

It's not that the games are old looking. Team Fortress 2 and Path of Exile are in the Top 10. Good games get lots of players. BDO is a good game that doesn't restrict it's player base, allowing you to grind and have fun as much as you want. This also ropes in streamers, and those streamers go on to bring even more interest into the game. I used to stream, and I considered streaming Closers. It had fatigue, so I waved it off. I will not support a game that doesn't support me in return. Now that it's removing it, I'm setting up a stream with a whole lot of friends and getting our entire community into the game.

i can tell you actually havent played in a long time or not at all that personal trading only consist of cheap consumables no silver no gear, bdo pvp is "well done" when the servers works when hasnt happen for a while they had to change service provider to "fix" the lag and the servers still have a heart attack when a node war starts, whats fun about spending hours grinding exp for skill that sucks, legit every classes awakening has become so bad, there are caps soft lvl caps, ap/dp caps and the combat is good only in small scale combat show its really shitty colors when you get bombarded by several wizards/witches doing a giant aoe that slows you while they have a skill thats give them and nearby allies 999 dp yeah but fairly well done pvp ? grabs not working even cc changes? ranger gutted but great game, tho i can agree POE is a solid game that deserve the population it gets

edited June 2018

@RyuKaiser said:

@mistressj said:

1: This is literally all games. Very few nolife a game completely, and the ones that do are usually tied into the community. It's funny because the games that do this are the majority and have the most players and most active communities. Stamina Games tend to be ruled by those who came first since no one can really catch up to them, which is why I'm starting to think you're for stamina.

It messes with your status quo and means others can catch up, and it means everyone else isn't tied to playing only the same amount you can. The only ones greedy here are stamina lovers. Otherwise, I have yet to see you explain to me how you being greedy with my time somehow makes stamina alright, and why denying everyone's right to play at their own speed in fear of losing progress via not dumping their stamina that week is somehow a good thing.

2: But it is meaningful. Just like buffs from leveling other characters and maxing out gear Of Level to use in other games, you gave to buy the items or make it yourself for you to get it, thus you have to have progressed at some point to reach those levels. That or you bought a costume on the store and sold it. Most events give you enough money though.

You say I'm greedy but yet your whole point is about your own greed. Practice what you preach?
    I'm.all for new players. That will stick around. Instead of the hyped up ones who will ultimately not like it for another reason and quit because of that. I have only 20 hours a week to play so stamina doesn't help or hurt me. You have yet to acknowledge how in all events stam pots are given away in boatloads and how we have been getting those events in boatloads. I have been here since cbt. My first week I was on vacation from work so I played most days. That was the only time stam was an issue.
    You really are on some trip if you actually believe any of that.

• @RyuKaiser said:

I'm F2P and I've been playing since like January. I have my extreme set, my crater booster, on my way to craft Irina accessories, about to get my signature costume set (EME release cybernetics pls), and currently waiting for David gear. Stamina has nothing to do with catching up, it's actually more dependent on how wisely you use your fatigue. Need your signature costume? Farm HOD/Tia sides. Need extreme gear? Go farm PG75/use your house. It's not that hard to catch up, if anything the entry limits are slowing you down, not fatigue.

FYI: I recently got my extreme gear like 2 days ago because I've been lazy. You don't need to get extreme asap as most raids are manageable with +10/+11 crater gear.

• @Pokechu said:

Someone please kill me, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

• @FoSizzle said:

@Pokechu said:

Source of pic pls lol

• @mistressj said:
    You say I'm greedy but yet your whole point is about your own greed. Practice what you preach?
    I'm.all for new players. That will stick around. Instead of the hyped up ones who will ultimately not like it for another reason and quit because of that. I have only 20 hours a week to play so stamina doesn't help or hurt me. You have yet to acknowledge how in all events stam pots are given away in boatloads and how we have been getting those events in boatloads. I have been here since cbt. My first week I was on vacation from work so I played most days. That was the only time stam was an issue.

My greed allows people to play as much as they want, and set their own times to play freely rather than have it regulated for them. While yes it is greedy of me to want to play, my greed affords people freedom to play as they wish. Keyword freedom. As for stamina pots given in "Boat Loads", these are mostly due to events, as I only seem to pick them up from those, though one or two may have dropped from the Support Pack.

I have also been here since CBT. I got a code to play via a giveaway, unwilling to give money to a game with stamina. STamina was the worst when rolling a new character right after release, to be able to enjoy I had to wait a week to play them so I could play on my own time. I actually burned through the points pretty quickly in a day. I don't enjoy that. That's why I dropped it flat on it's ass and threw all my money at games like Warhammer Inquisitor: Martyr, Path of Exile, Black Squad, the list goes on.

If a game and it's devs show me love, I respond in kind.

• @RyuKaiser said:

@mistressj said:

My greed allows people to play as much as they want, and set their own times to play freely rather than have it regulated for them. While yes it is greedy of me to want to play, my greed affords people freedom to play as they wish. Keyword freedom. As for stamina pots given in "Boat Loads", these are mostly due to events, as I only seem to pick them up from those, though one or two may have dropped from the Support Pack.

I have also been here since CBT. I got a code to play via a giveaway, unwilling to give money to a game with stamina. STamina was the worst when rolling a new character right after release, to be able to enjoy I had to wait a week to play them so I could play on my own time. I actually burned through the points pretty quickly in a day. I don't enjoy that. That's why I dropped it flat on it's ass and threw all my money at games like Warhammer Inquisitor: Martyr, Path of Exile, Black Squad, the list goes on.

So freedom? Riiiiight... you are infringing on others freedom to have a system that isn't broken. It just needs to be refined not thrown out.
    The events are pretty much going to be on going for the near future so stam pots are gunna be pretty plentiful for the near future.. or would have been.

The rest of your post doesn't dictate a need to respond cause it goes to show once shit hits the fan you will likely be out on the first boat.

My last post got deleted... one too many edits. Whoops

• @RyuKaiser said:

@mistressj said:

Seems to me like your greed will cause major inflation... not just in game but the world's economy. Hah!

Just kidding, lighten up guys

• @NekoparaVanilla said:

@FoSizzle said:

@Pokechu said:

Source of pic pls lol

Manga named Yaoguai Mingdan. Chapter 349

• I don't have problems with ftg even when Harpy has been released, though i start to leveling her and still don't fill all the fatigue meter at the end of the week.

Anyway, even if bots overrun this game, i keep playing a little (to update my own skills) till the Wolfgang will be released. After this i start to playing as him, without any thinkings of bots.
    But i hope that EME don't move this game to the edge

• @Nathaniel697 said:

@NekoparaVanilla said:

@FoSizzle said:

@Pokechu said:

Source of pic pls lol

Manga named Yaoguai Mingdan. Chapter 349

oh... I thought it was the gamer for some reason..... I should read that again... and the manhwa you just named.