End Randomized Purchases

I can't be the only one who's beyond fed up with the "Gotcha!-pon" system this and other korean originated MMOs utilize. If I'm going to drop bloody 20 dollars on a game purely for cosmetic optional purchases, I want to be able to pick exactly what I'm buying, not have to roll a 1d1000 and hope I don't get a bunch of potions instead of the actual costume box I'm after.

I think it's about time we got our voices heard on this matter. I for one am not going to be spending another dime on the game until the randomization is removed from cosmetic purchases. I hope I'm not the only one.

Comments

• Then have fun waiting, since this wont happen.

• The gacha is fine for the most part, what IS a problem is that every skin is exclusive for each character. This makes rolling the gacha for a particular skin piece for a SPECIFIC character is going to be a headache and a half. Not only are you banking against gacha rates, but also for each and every Closer. This wouldn't be an issue if these skins were in the EMP shop; but they're not. So you either gamble some, or you buy off the BM, which could be doable if you get lucky and manage to get stuff that sells well so you can just buy it. I'm with you though, hopefully there will be a change here or there.

• GenmGenm Member

meh, gacha is fine, sides BM is there to buy it from other people,
    i rolled a lot of gacha games and i stopped caring on what i even got at this point

• @ADPXWNDKGT said:
    I can't be the only one who's beyond fed up with the "Gotcha!-pon" system this and other korean originated MMOs utilize. If I'm going to drop bloody 20 dollars on a game purely for cosmetic optional purchases, I want to be able to pick exactly what I'm buying, not have to roll a 1d1000 and hope I don't get a bunch of potions instead of the actual costume box I'm after.

I think it's about time we got our voices heard on this matter. I for one am not going to be spending another dime on the game until the randomization is removed from cosmetic purchases. I hope I'm not the only one.

You could, you know, buy $20 worth of fortification deals when they are up instead, convert them into credits and just buy the costumes directly from other players who are more willing to drop cash into bitna.

I mean if you went in with a measly $20 expecting to pull out a full set of costumes for your character then I don't know what to say. There are plenty of ways around it and it's only slightly more difficult if you play the newest character on the block because of bloated costume prices.

TL;DR if you spent cash on pure chance rather than guaranteed credit gain to purchase them directly then only you are to blame.

• Uh,he said he would be willing to pay $20 to get a choice of costume, instead of spending $20 on chances for character-specific costume pieces.

Buying a costume directly. Like most MMOs with costumes do.

• I'm not a fan of it either, but considering you can sell any duplicate pieces or the other cash items the lootboxes give for even more credits, it's more a matter of camping the black market to complete the set anyway. It's definitely more effort than just buying the set directly, but it's not that bad. I ended up getting a full set box on Harpy last week, which I promptly sold to get a full set for Yuri.

• En Masse is actually holding off on placing certain costumes that are permanent additions to the Korean Cash shop, and I actually have no idea why they aren't in our store for whatever reason. Some outfits that are in gacha you're able to purchase other colors through cash shop for about $20

• Gacha gives more money since you're less likely to get the thing you want with the poor RNG system in place, the game is modeled to make money. Do you think the company cares about you, or the community?