No 100% way to buy a Cybernatic pack it sucks!

I was kinda hoping they just make a way to grab cybernatic with no RNG loot box bullshit.

Too bad i was planning to spend some cash on this but that loot box is just there to fuck wallets over a damn shame i probably wait for the costume in-game and suffer to craft one on jully 31, probably more profitable for en masses that way but it exclude plenty of folks.

Comments

• Yeah, I'm sick of not being able to directly buy costumes. All this RNG crap has to go.

• @Wonho said:
    I don't think being able to directly buy a rare set would make much sense

Sure, lets ignore the fact there are many non rare costumes that also cannot be purchased directly.

• YoburiYoburi Member
    edited July 2018

@HibikiTachibana said:

@Wonho said:

blade and soul charges 10-12 bucks for generic, 20-30 for packages of costumes, and like 55 for the ones that have ridiculous effects and pets in a theme. black desert charges a flat 22-28 per costume, depending on if you get the weapon costume or not. dont see why they couldnt just stop trying to exploit people with gambling boxes, if a costume is good, people will buy.

You read my mind i can't spend money on a damn Loot Box with RNG because i hate wasting money i just want the cybernatic all the other stuff don't matter to me so why not just put the damn thing in a limit time pack.

But like i said they get more money that way but they also piss off the so call dolfins and only hock whales that way.

• I meant it's clear that eme will do a different approach from KR server, implementing a perm rare costume in store will be a great idea especially for people who get sick and tired of gacha (which I believe it's the majority) And I do strongly believe that those who disagree with the statement are more than likely to have spend on gacha to get what they needed or just some "top" level players who doesn't believe in changes as it will disrupt the market economy and such.

• May we have a chance to get a full cybernetic set package like they did it with the sod back in beta. :)

• @Melodion said:
    May we have a chance to get a full cybernetic set package like they did it with the sod back in beta. :)

That would be great, but during the stream Bearshoes said, that now they don't have plans for this

• I was ready to buy them, but now I'm not going to spend. I hate the RNG loot box style. After Blade and Soul, never again.

• RNG boxes are never worth it. I'd rather buy fiber deals and make the set in-game; at least that way I know how much I'd spend to get what I want. Shame, I was ready to cash for a whole package. May as well start saving for Zenith Wings from now if they are going to do the same for that set

• MomoDaakuMomoDaaku Member
    edited July 2018

I would absolutely buy another (or even more than one) Ace Founders pack if it would include Cybernetics for BL + WD. I just don't like RNG like their "Great Deal to get Cybernetics early".

• while i agree that some items in gacha are pure evil talismans, res capsules pots are really not worth 5 emp lol but keep in mind this is a f2p game and whats better for business. RNG boxes where there is potential for more spendings or cash shop costumes where the consumer buys 1 and never buys anything else. IN matter of fact this way to obtain these RARE sets is in all regions i don't see why NA should get a special treatment.

• @Natorious said:
    while i agree that some items in gacha are pure evil talismans, res capsules pots are really not worth 5 emp lol but keep in mind this is a f2p game and whats better for business. RNG boxes where there is potential for more spendings or cash shop costumes where the consumer buys 1 and never buys anything else. IN matter of fact this way to obtain these RARE sets is in all regions i don't see why NA should get a special treatment.

They could sell it only for a limited time like the founder's packs, maybe even limited to a single day. This way, the players could decide between buying it for a high price without any RNG or wait and get it from Synchro+Gacha.

• @MomoDaaku said:

@Natorious said:
    while i agree that some items in gacha are pure evil talismans, res capsules pots are really not worth 5 emp lol but keep in mind this is a f2p game and whats better for business. RNG boxes where there is potential for more spendings or cash shop costumes where the consumer buys 1 and never buys anything else. IN matter of fact this way to obtain these RARE sets is in all regions i don't see why NA should get a special treatment.

They could sell it only for a limited time like the founder's packs, maybe even limited to a single day. This way, the players could decide between buying it for a high price without any RNG or wait and get it from Synchro+Gacha.

sadly RNG brings in more money. They wont do it

• @ArunoSesugawa said:
    though I do agree that the RNG Gacha BS is annoying considering there are random shit along with the Gacha like ressurection capsules, 20% hp/mp capsules and other bs... I wholeheartedly disagree about the "Instant buying" of Rare Costumes aka SoD and in the future Cybernetic.

The reason they're called rare is because of their scarcity, if people can just go and buy a monstrous amount of SoD and then sell them in the BM, what part of "RARE" does that even mean.

for one thing, it would ruin the market for that item.

I dislike the Gacha only because they have those extra BS... at the very least they could remove the useless items...

Edit:

besides the accessories, Rare costumes can be crafted anyways... so there's that.

If nothing else, I just hate that that the accessories are so hard to get.
    You either pay a fortune irl or you pay a fortune in game.

• @Wonho said:

And what will make much sense? Gambling in a T rated game? Predatory business practice? Treating your customers like cash cows? Please. The only reason why we can't buy SOD\Cyber directly - greed, nothing more, nothing less. Gamble addicts will bring them so much more money than direct purchases. Are you okay with this practice? If so - much power to you. But don't ask "why?", when EME shut down Closers servers, you already know the answer - digital slot machines not very popular in the west, especially when you can't use "IT'S JUST COSMETICS!!!11" argument.

edited July 2018

@Natorious said:

They could at least do a "load tons of EMP and get the 4-Piece Cybernetics Accessories Set" like they did for SoD. The RNG for the accessories is just awful. (T^T)

• NatoriousNatorious Member
    edited July 2018

@MomoDaaku said:

@Natorious said:

They could at least do a "load tons of EMP and get the 4-Piece Cybernetics Accessories Set" like they did for SoD. The RNG for the accessories is just awful. (T^T)

i don't think the new director for closers in Naddic will ever think about this. Most recent costumes releases in KR and Everywhere else are not sold in the EMP shop like they used to they are all gacha. With one of those QnAs they already said that they wont do any special treatment for NA. They might be sales for RNG boxes to obtain em and the the higher rate to obtain em via bitna. Its something people need to deal with if they don't want to gacha there are still some costumes in the EMP shop you can merge for cyber and buy the accessories from the black market. That the west doesn't like RNG wont change a thing even if people will be outraged

• HadasyHadasy Member

@MomoDaaku said:

I honestly do expect this sort of campaign to show up in the future. Just not before they've been in washing machines for a while.

• ArunoSesugawaArunoSesugawa Member
    edited July 2018

There's this one game where I remember myself actually liking the gacha RNG... Grand Chase, because even though Gacha there was still random as hell, at the very least, the random shit was actually useful... and somewhat worth the money.

@KA79339LF4 said:

@Wonho said:

And what will make much sense? Gambling in a T rated game? Predatory business practice? Treating your customers like cash cows? Please. The only reason why we can't buy SOD\Cyber directly - greed, nothing more, nothing less. Gamble addicts will bring them so much more money than direct purchases. Are you okay with this practice? If so - much power to you. But don't ask "why?", when EME shut down Closers servers, you already know the answer - digital slot machines not very popular in the west, especially when you can't use "IT'S JUST COSMETICS!!!11" argument.

hmmm, No name... guessing it's a new guy, I'm not even gonna bother since I expect you started playing after fatigue got removed and you're one of those people that are just searching for a reason to bitch on the forums.

@Natorious said:

@MomoDaaku said:

@Natorious said:

i don't think the new director for closers in Naddic will ever thing about this. Most recent costumes releases in KR and Everywhere else are not sold in the EMP shop like they used to they are all gacha. With one of those QnAs they already said that they wont do any special treatment for NA. They might be sales for RNG boxes to obtain em and the the higher rate to obtain em via bitna. Its something people need to deal with if they don't want to gacha there are still some costumes in the EMP shop you can merge for cyber and buy the accessories from the black market. That the west doesn't like RNG wont change a thing even if people will be outraged

EXACTLY.

• @ArunoSesugawa said:

hmmm, No name... guessing it's a new guy, I'm not even gonna bother since I expect you started playing after fatigue got removed and you're one of those people that are just searching for a reason to bitch on the forums.

First off - no, I'm not new. I have played since closed beta, on and off. I just don't bother to set up my name, I'm not sitting on the forums often.
    Second - it doesn't matter if I'm "new" or "old". Opinions are opinions, regardless of who says them. Well, actually... it does matter. Because EME clearly caters more toward the new player base, so a new player's opinion actually far more relevant than mine or yours I guess.
    And last, making an assumption about me shows that you, in fact, do bother. But whatever.

• @KA79339LF4 said:

@ArunoSesugawa said:

First off - no, I'm not new. I have played since closed beta, on and off. I just don't bother to set up my name, I'm not sitting on the forums often.
    Second - it doesn't matter if I'm "new" or "old". Opinions are opinions, regardless of who says them. Well, actually... it does matter. Because EME clearly caters more toward the new player base, so a new player's opinion actually far more relevant than mine or yours I guess.
    And last, making an assumption about me shows that you, in fact, do bother. But whatever.

i do agree that EME does cater to the new player base caring very little for the older players base on the forum war a month ago and I did jump the gun on making an assumption, sorry about that part.

But I just can't get the fact that you people want the whole "Remove Gacha and let us buy them directly." since considering that these costume can be sold on BM, this would be one of the reasons for a price market crash.... as a (somewhat) free player, this is one thing I don't want to happen.

• @ArunoSesugawa said:

But I just can't get the fact that you people want the whole "Remove Gacha and let us buy them directly." since considering that these costume can be sold on BM, this would be one of the reasons for a price market crash.... as a (somewhat) free player, this is one thing I don't want to happen.

Removing gambling not necessary will lead to a market crash. There're plenty examples of F2P MMORPG with a good economy and no gamble (GW2, Warframe as the biggest examples). Of course, I'm not saying that Warframe\GW2 monetization will 100% work in Closers, but if the NADDIC wanted to do so, they could come up with something that doesn't ruin the market. That will take effort, but it is possible. Plus, I'm not saying that they should remove gambling outright, rather, make it more bearable with the OPTION to purchase stuff directly from SHOP (at least in limited amounts and overpriced). There's always can be a good compromise for both parties.

Of course, I understand that this will never happen, main reason is that NADDIC is KR studio and for them gambling in video games is totally normal, etc etc. Just wanted to vent, I guess.

• @ArunoSesugawa said:

i do agree that EME does cater to the new player base caring very little for the older players base on the forum war a month ago and I did jump the gun on making an assumption, sorry about that part.

Are you talking about "Closers coins" event, or there was something else?

• ♪ Problems!♪
    ♪Money makes them go away!♪

is the general vibe i'm picking up from the majority of people here :L

• WonhoWonho Member

@KA79339LF4 said:

@Wonho said:

Last thing I'll say is the only reason you can't buy any rare set SoD, Cyber is because It's a rare set not item shop set.
    People are gonna have a bad time playing this game if every time something is in gacha/RNG they cobmust, and don't worry about me asking "why"

• I don't mind the 6/6 synchro fiber pieces, but there has to better ways to get the accessories.

edited July 2018

@Wonho said:
    Last thing I'll say is the only reason you can't buy any rare set SoD, Cyber is because It's a rare set not item shop set.
    People are gonna have a bad time playing this game if every time something is in gacha/RNG they cobmust, and don't worry about me asking "why"

That's why they could just make it RARE = 150$ Founder's Pack (with some additional stuff) or 250$ EMP load.. Instead of 20$ Item Shop or 75$ Collector's Pack (Nightmare).