We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 @ 10pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance

Is it me...?

Or is Yuri easy in PvP? Not 5 games in and i'm almost able to take rounds from someone like ambush without knowing exactly when i should be doing which skills. bruhhhhhhh

Comments

• Depends who you're fighting. If you're fighting someone like ThePlot or Yukikaze then..

• I think he meant it as fighting AS a yuri, not against.

(Starz is still the best Yuri out there)

• But he's talking about easily beat ambush when the OP has no idea what he's doing. That seems like talking about how ez it is to beat a yuri.

• Ambush is a mistel though

• @SOSilver said:
    But he's talking about easily beat ambush when the OP has no idea what he's doing. That seems like talking about how ez it is to beat a yuri.

@Mycole said:
    Ambush is a mistel though

@SOSilver said:
    Depends who you're fighting. If you're fighting someone like ThePlot or Yukikaze then..

I have no idea what drove you all to think anyone but me was using Yuri from this statement. Like, i was worried, cause this chicks been through the wash so many times, and people saying she's harder to use than J and all that, but that 's obviously a lie lol.

being able to combo from across the map is just too much for me xD

• @Gration said:

@SOSilver said:
    But he's talking about easily beat ambush when the OP has no idea what he's doing. That seems like talking about how ez it is to beat a yuri.

@Mycole said:
    Ambush is a mistel though

@SOSilver said:
    Depends who you're fighting. If you're fighting someone like ThePlot or Yukikaze then..

I have no idea what drove you all to think anyone but me was using Yuri from this statement. Like, i was worried, cause this chicks been through the wash so many times, and people saying she's harder to use than J and all that, but that 's obviously a lie lol.

being able to combo from across the map is just too much for me xD

I'm more of a master at misunderstanding then I thought.
    J is more difficult to play than Yuri through my experience anyway.

• MystioMystio Member
    edited October 2017

I'm not 100% sure, but isn't yuri the most popular character in the game atm? If so, of course people are going to say other chars are stronger (not saying if accurate) and see only the flaws of what they blame to shift blame.. That's just how the meta is

Of course, it also doesn't sound like you're at the skill level to accurately tell what's strong and what's not. If you "don't know what you're doing" as you say, aren't you just comparing what's easiest to pick up?

• @Gration said:
    Or is Yuri easy in PvP? Not 5 games in and i'm almost able to take rounds from someone like ambush without knowing exactly when i should be doing which skills. bruhhhhhhh

she is not easy and if u have no idea what u are doing then don't compare other chars thanks

• @Mystio said:
    I'm not 100% sure, but isn't yuri the most popular character in the game atm? If so, of course people are going to say other chars are stronger (not saying if accurate) and see only the flaws of what they blame to shift blame.. That's just how the meta is

Of course, it also doesn't sound like you're at the skill level to accurately tell what's strong and what's not. If you "don't know what you're doing" as you say, aren't you just comparing what's easiest to pick up?

@Namaryu said:

@Gration said:

she is not easy and if u have no idea what u are doing then don't compare other chars thanks

I don't think he is saying she is strong but easy to play. To that I would say she isn't brainless since she is second weakest in my mental list next to sylvi. They're both too gear reliant. >:X

• @Namaryu said:

@Gration said:

correction, she isn't easy TO YOU...which may say more about you than me. Having the sheer ability to combo off the smallest hits from half the arena away is pretty damn good. The fact that in my 3 hours with her in PvP (Got her geared and everything on the last day at 11 EST), i can easily do something, like not just get bodied by one of the better mistel players, doesn't say much to you? Like i couldn't do that on other characters. Hell Seha is a little more of a struggle...not much but the difficulty is still kinda there. ALSO, opinions...have ya heard of 'em?

@SOSilver said:

@Mystio said:

@Namaryu said:

@Gration said:

I don't think he is saying she is strong but easy to play. To that I would say she isn't brainless since she is second weakest in my mental list next to sylvi. They're both too gear reliant. >:X

there's a difference between not being strong, and being gear reliant. You can have the strongest character in the game, and be gear reliant. Being strong initially is more about the kit itself, being gear reliant just means that something like the % on the skills in your kit just suck. I.E Seha

I can't speak on sylvi. she's not my style and she's the only character i haven't touched. idk maybe i would have liked her if i did.

• @Gration said:

there's a difference between not being strong, and being gear reliant. You can have the strongest character in the game, and be gear reliant. Being strong initially is more about the kit itself, being gear reliant just means that something like the % on the skills in your kit just suck. I.E Seha

>

True damage compensate (by far) his lack of % though B)

Also seha is one of the least gear reliant character due to his true damage.

• @SunniestDay said:

@Gration said:

>

True damage compensate (by far) his lack of % though B)

Also seha is one of the least gear reliant character due to his true damage.

Well i honestly wouldn't have much knowledge on the effect of true damage in an MMO. This is honestly the first one i've come across that just lets a character spam that effect like mad. Though, i would have guessed the gear would have helped him more