If I log in after maintenance and can't claim the random pet box from the event, I will be quitting.

I log in everyday because I like this game. Like most people I have a job to do in between playing Closers. I literally just woke up, because the time frame for me working at my job is throughout the evening and then I go to bed right after I get home.

Why is the available time to get the pet box event reward so fucking tiny? We literally had 2 weeks to do the entire event, yet the last reward is limited to only several hours. Who came up with that garbage idea? It's so disrespectful to have the last, and in my opinion most wanted reward, just not be claimable because you don't log in for less than half a day, while every single other reward you could claim at any point you wanted.

Get your shit together EME. I'm entirely sick of these inconsistencies and disrespect towards the players.

Comments

• On one hand, threatening to quit kind of kills your point a little. On the other hand, this was a pretty BS thing to pull, absolutely no reason why there should be such a limited window for this.

• You, americans, at least could get it at normal hours, we, europeans would have to wake up at 6 am... and launch game immedietly... lol.

• This is ridiculous.. I worked so hard for the points

• Sadly devs doesn't listen :(.

• @5JHTNE3JXW said:
    You, americans, at least could get it at normal hours, we, europeans would have to wake up at 6 am... and launch game immedietly... lol.

Wrong? I live in EU and i got it at 7 pm, when map refreshes.

• I don't care for the pet at all but this tiny window is really ridiculous. Just what is your reasoning behind this, EME? Why are you punishing players with IRL commitments? First you gave your current playerbase the shaft in favor of new/returning players (Closer coins, which is STILL ONGOING btw), then you remove fatigue claiming that was what the players wanted. So did any player ask you to reduce the time frame to claim the free pet?

• @5WGN7KY7XK said:
    I don't care for the pet at all but this tiny window is really ridiculous. Just what is your reasoning behind this, EME? Why are you punishing players with IRL commitments? First you gave your current playerbase the shaft in favor of new/returning players (Closer coins, which is STILL ONGOING btw), then you remove fatigue claiming that was what the players wanted. So did any player ask you to reduce the time frame to claim the free pet?

Remembers the Forum war about fatigue.... shudders...

Don't remind me. :|

• It's over.. you can't get it :'(

• I hope they open it for a day or two more, wasn't present to obtain the pet rewards so it's kind of a bummer. Doubtful they will though

• @Eriotto said:

@5JHTNE3JXW said:
    You, americans, at least could get it at normal hours, we, europeans would have to wake up at 6 am... and launch game immedietly... lol.

You are stupid or just a troll attempt, yes 7 pm PDT but in europe it's 3-4 am. And most ppl that work wake up around 6 am or later.

• there was 12 hours to claim the pet box and it was made clear in the last stream. logging in to claim it takes less then 10 minutes. nobody is in school for 12 hours and there are very few people that work that long. if you really wanted the pet box stop complaining and stay properly informed so you don't miss something like this next time. just a free event prize, certainly not worth quitting over missing it accidentally. for players in different countries it is more understandable as keeping track of different time zones can be difficult but there are programs you can use to keep track of the time in different countries.

• I was logged in at 1am gmt+2 (28th of august) and I got nothing so what are you talking about 12 hours time frame?

• @Negumiko said:
    there was 12 hours to claim the pet box and it was made clear in the last stream. logging in to claim it takes less then 10 minutes. nobody is in school for 12 hours and there are very few people that work that long. if you really wanted the pet box stop complaining and stay properly informed so you don't miss something like this next time. just a free event prize, certainly not worth quitting over missing it accidentally. for players in different countries it is more understandable as keeping track of different time zones can be difficult but there are programs you can use to keep track of the time in different countries.

so people who don’t watch the streams and took a day off of closers are screwed?

• @doggod said:

@Negumiko said:
    there was 12 hours to claim the pet box and it was made clear in the last stream. logging in to claim it takes less then 10 minutes. nobody is in school for 12 hours and there are very few people that work that long. if you really wanted the pet box stop complaining and stay properly informed so you don't miss something like this next time. just a free event prize, certainly not worth quitting over missing it accidentally. for players in different countries it is more understandable as keeping track of different time zones can be difficult but there are programs you can use to keep track of the time in different countries.

so people who don’t watch the streams and took a day off of closers are screwed?

They could log in just once to claim it considering it was on their twitter as well how OP screenshotted it. 12 hours is plenty of time

• @mistressj said:

@doggod said:

@Negumiko said:

They could log in just once to claim it considering it was on their twitter as well how OP screenshotted it. 12 hours is plenty of time

Answer me, if I was logged in around 3pm PDT and you say there was 12 hours time-frame then WHY I haven't got the pet?

• Bad move to not take it earlier before maintenance then.. I figured I would take it and open it together with my friend but now I can't even login for some reason...

• @doggod said:

@Negumiko said:

the live stream can be rewatched at any time on Twitch 3 days and 23 hours since the stream to find out this information and it was announced on Discord 11 hours and 16 minutes before the maintenance. there was more then enough notification to get to claim it within the time frame.

@5JHTNE3JXW said:

@mistressj said:

@doggod said:

@Negumiko said:

Answer me, if I was logged in around 3pm PDT and you say there was 12 hours time-frame then WHY I haven't got the pet?

if you were on within the proper time frame at 3pm PDT then send a report about it. glitches like that can sometimes happen. the Discord announcement says you had until 10:00pm PDT to claim it so if your log in time was correct you should have gotten it and should send a bug report.

• @Negumiko said:

@doggod said:

@Negumiko said:

the live stream can be rewatched at any time on Twitch 3 days and 23 hours since the stream to find out this information and it was announced on Discord 11 hours and 16 minutes before the maintenance. there was more then enough notification to get to claim it within the time frame.

@5JHTNE3JXW said:

@mistressj said:

@doggod said:

@Negumiko said:

if you were on within the proper time frame at 3pm PDT then send a report about it. glitches like that can sometimes happen. the Discord announcement says you had until 10:00pm PDT to claim it so if your log in time was correct you should have gotten it and should send a bug report.

@5JHTNE3JXW this. I couldn't claim it beforehand because I had to work. Yet you don't see me overreacting. claiming I will quit OVER A PET.
    But just wait they will give us an extention to cater to the complainers(and probably the international players who need to look at 2 clocks pretty much)

• Give me the pet I earned @BearShoes

• EriottoEriotto Member
    edited August 2018

@5JHTNE3JXW said:

@Eriotto said:

@5JHTNE3JXW said:

You are stupid or just a troll attempt, yes 7 pm PDT but in europe it's 3-4 am. And most ppl that work wake up around 6 am or later.

No, im honest, i got pet 7pm european time.

Edit: I just want to point out that map event refreshes 10 a.m. PDT, which is 7 PM in europe (Or at least where i Live, where we use CeST) so i dont know how you're doing the math there, but if you dont believe me, go into map event page and you have EVERYTHING explained there.

• lol very few people work 12+ hours spend over 16+ last day at work. Am i going to commit suicide for a pet? no but yo not everyone sitting on their ass and watches streams to get informed about such blatant thing as Event Items will be gone within this timeframe this should be written down on a NEWS post with a giant FONT that it will be gone after 12 hours.

• @Natorious said:
    lol very few people work 12+ hours spend over 16+ last day at work. Am i going to commit suicide for a pet? no but yo not everyone sitting on their ass and watches streams to get informed about such blatant thing as Event Items will be gone within this timeframe this should be written down on a NEWS post with a giant FONT that it will be gone after 12 hours.

^^^^^^^^This

• JochiraJochira Member
    edited August 2018

Outside of work, some ppl have other stuffs to do after work and such

I'm not gonna complain, cuz I would use it for housing, but it's still a dick move

What if there's something happening after work/school? What if issues happens irl? Etc etc. Just food for thoughts, and I honestly didn't know it till now

• BearShoesBearShoes Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff, Player Moderators
    edited August 2018

While it's true that this was talked about on the Stream last week, this has actually been in place since the beginning. You can find the following in our news post:

https://closers.enmasse.com/news/posts/the-closers-world-tour-has-begun

"The map will update every day at 10 a.m. PDT with the current point value of both NA and EU servers, and login rewards will be delivered shortly afterwards. But don't delay! Once the tour ends on Monday, August 27 at 10 a.m. PDT, the map will close and gifting ends."

We actually left the map open an extra 12 hours from what we originally said, giving people until maintenance time to claim all of their gifts. In regards specifically to the pet box, it simply ended up that it was not unlocked until the last day due to there not being enough points until that time. If the point total hadn't been reached, then no one would have gotten the petbox. Alternately, if the total had been reached several days ago, then it would have been available until yesterday at 10pm.

I'm sorry for the disappointment, but there are no plans to extend the offer period at this time.

EDIT: After talking about this internally, we're opening the redemption period for an additional 24 hours. You can read about it here:https://forums.enmasse.com/closers/discussion/5808/closers-world-tour-encore-get-your-unclaimed-items-for-24-hours

• I don't care about the dumb pet but they could have made it a 24 hour window. I've been working 10 hour days the job is 50 minutes away. There's 12 hours (and weird hours it's 8pm to 6:30am est) and I have other responsibilities too. I only play in the morning through the week before I go to bed and I have other things to do than to be arsed with a live stream. That's just me though everybody has different things going on irl. Our lives don't revolve around a video game.

• CocheseCochese Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff

Thanks for the feedback!

• Called it

• @a1gundam said:
    I don't care about the dumb pet but they could have made it a 24 hour window. I've been working 10 hour days the job is 50 minutes away. There's 12 hours (and weird hours it's 8pm to 6:30am est) and I have other responsibilities too. I only play in the morning through the week before I go to bed and I have other things to do than to be arsed with a live stream. That's just me though everybody has different things going on irl. Our lives don't revolve around a video game.

obviously it does revolve around a game. since u came here to make a statement.
    if u dont care about the pet, why even comment this post? please take the pet box and destroy it once u get it.

• @WAKY5LXHHW said:

@a1gundam said:
    I don't care about the dumb pet but they could have made it a 24 hour window. I've been working 10 hour days the job is 50 minutes away. There's 12 hours (and weird hours it's 8pm to 6:30am est) and I have other responsibilities too. I only play in the morning through the week before I go to bed and I have other things to do than to be arsed with a live stream. That's just me though everybody has different things going on irl. Our lives don't revolve around a video game.

obviously it does revolve around a game. since u came here to make a statement.
    if u dont care about the pet, why even comment this post? please take the pet box and destroy it once u get it.

So making a comment on a forum magically makes someone's life revolve a game? More like saw the post and decided to see what was up and make a comment.

This discussion has been closed.