Sooo... Wolfgangs second promotion

Fighting Eligos in the Cube... that's a bug right? That he's so retardedly hard to beat? I used a bunch of potions the first time fighting him and right now I'm saying f it to fighting him again.

Comments

• He's way way harder than anything else at that level, even with full Teamwork buffs, crew buffs, festival buff, talismans, and a +10 core it was still a fight on par with PG5 / tiamat sides. It's about as hard as Skyscraper Battle in terms of enemy damage/length though, just crammed into one swole boss instead rather than waves of weak enemies.

Best to approach the fight as a mini-raid boss rather than your usual roflstomp story mission and you'll do fine.

• It's mostly that he's tanky as fuck and has 1892 iframes to spam.

• @Hadasy said:
    I quite like that he's not just a pubstomp boss. He's supposed to be strong storywise, and he actually is tough. Not like the usual "super powerful" story bosses that get beaten in one move.

I completely get that but he's a spam machine and I can barely get a hit in. I DO NOT want him to be a pushover I just wish it was a tad bit more fair (not so many damn iframes). I think I'll go back to it with a bit better gear.

• I thought he was relatively easy. Didn't realize people thought he was hard. I was just using the regular gear you get from questing too.

• @a1gundam said:
    Fighting Eligos in the Cube... that's a bug right? That he's so retardedly hard to beat? I used a bunch of potions the first time fighting him and right now I'm saying f it to fighting him again.

He's more harder than any other bosses of BL and WD. I defeat him on 42, it was hard. Then i defeat him on 50(because without quests you can't complete promotion), it was a bit easier. But deal with 80HP bars is not that hard. I still never died with Wolf. Let's say that this boss a Dark Souls Reference xD

• Ya when i fight at fist time, and did a bunch of skills i saw his hp bar and me wtf

• EinnecyEinnecy Member
    edited September 2018

Ah yeah I remember seeing the 80 (iirc) hp bars - scary.
    He is harder than all the previous cube battles that's for sure (ironically though I did best there).
    Tbh I just spammed ghost bow (and whatever else is far ranged) while he was attacking and used the other skills when I could. Took a while maybe but ultimately only 3-4 20% potions were spent.

It did feel more rewarding finishing it though - I like the difficulty.

• @Einnecy said:
    He is harder than all the previous cube battles that's for sure (ironically though I did best there).
    Tbh I just spammed ghost bow (and whatever else is far ranged) while he was attacking and used the other skills when I could. Took a while maybe but ultimately only 3-4 20% potions were spent.

Yes, one of the hardest battles in story(excluding raids). Damn, i think it can be harder than Irina and David in story quests. xD
    Use few potions there. It was very dynamic fight. Like 5 mins of dashing, evading, all skills using, etc. Last time i feels like this, was either Dark Souls III, or when i tried to solo raid with 100k TCP. lol

• @Nathaniel697 said:

@Einnecy said:

Yes, one of the hardest battles in story(excluding raids). Damn, i think it can be harder than Irina and David in story quests. xD
    Use few potions there. It was very dynamic fight. Like 5 mins of dashing, evading, all skills using, etc. Last time i feels like this, was either Dark Souls III, or when i tried to solo raid with 100k TCP. lol

Ikr? It was very thrilling, I'm not sure if it beats David and Irina, but it certainly was more difficult than most sectors I've played in.
    Best part is it catching you by surprise if you were expecting an ez cube promo - you won't find that this time. XD
    Overall, it was really fun!

tfw u accidentally click the start button instead of find squad so you're forced to solo on 100-150k tcp :'D

• @Einnecy said:
    tfw u accidentally click the start button instead of find squad so you're forced to solo on 100-150k tcp :'D

One of the reasons why I use F5 (Start) anf F6 (Find Squad) instead XD.

• He was pretty easy for me '-' I didn't even need to use potions

• He was easy just super tanky which was the annoying part, his mechs are easy to dodge and have an easy pattern to learn.

• I got him earlier I think I might have been a little under geared. Now I have a question. You know when he starts getting a little harder at 60ish hp bars and starts using more abilities? Were some of them designed just for this boss fight or can you use everything he uses against you later on with the right skill unlocks?

• @a1gundam said:
    I got him earlier I think I might have been a little under geared. Now I have a question. You know when he starts getting a little harder at 60ish hp bars and starts using more abilities? Were some of them designed just for this boss fight or can you use everything he uses against you later on with the right skill unlocks?

As far as i know there's two skills with Eligos: one you have from start, and the second you've got from 2nd promotion(master skill cube give bonus: after you use this skill to an end, the first skill ("Summon: Eligos" i think) pressed with down button change animation). So Wolf's Eligos have 4 personal attacks (normal, skill+up, skill+down, skill+down with buff. And coop with Wolf)

• Without spoiling anything in the story, but final boss for wolf felt really easy compared with Eligos. It also felt really easy compared with said David or Irina.

Im not really an expert on this game lore but I feel as if the Wildhuter team is stronger than black lambs and wolf dogs, With this I don't mean as the character you control being more OP at gameplay, but that the actual villians you face seems to be in major scale than said David or Irina. I could be wrong of course.

• Might be a little bit off target, but it's related to Wolfgang SA (3rd promotion) lol.

Remember Shub (the dimensional monster at the beginning of the story/Season 1 final boss)? Well, she's Wolfgang SA FM4 now.

• @4JMHPJHCJ3 said:
    Without spoiling anything in the story, but final boss for wolf felt really easy compared with Eligos. It also felt really easy compared with said David or Irina.

Im not really an expert on this game lore but I feel as if the Wildhuter team is stronger than black lambs and wolf dogs, With this I don't mean as the character you control being more OP at gameplay, but that the actual villians you face seems to be in major scale than said David or Irina. I could be wrong of course.

Something something Wolfgang raid something :smirk:

• @Lihzakivi said:

@4JMHPJHCJ3 said:
    Without spoiling anything in the story, but final boss for wolf felt really easy compared with Eligos. It also felt really easy compared with said David or Irina.

O yeah, Now I am more hyped to know, I guess I'll have to wait for some time till we get that content :D

• EinnecyEinnecy Member
    edited September 2018

@NekoparaVanilla said:
    Might be a little bit off target, but it's related to Wolfgang SA (3rd promotion) lol.

Remember Shub (the dimensional monster at the beginning of the story/Season 1 final boss)? Well, she's Wolfgang SA FM4 now.

Dust was right and the book did its job~
    Slightly off-topic but the SA quest is bound to be good imo..

@4JMHPJHCJ3 said:

@Lihzakivi said:

@4JMHPJHCJ3 said:

O yeah, Now I am more hyped to know, I guess I'll have to wait for some time till we get that content :D

Let's hope it hits soon!
    Then we can have that "big daddy Wolfgang vs 4 smol Wolfgangs" video nobody can seem to find.

@a1gundam said:
    I got him earlier I think I might have been a little under geared. Now I have a question. You know when he starts getting a little harder at 60ish hp bars and starts using more abilities? Were some of them designed just for this boss fight or can you use everything he uses against you later on with the right skill unlocks?

I'd need to replay the fight or see a vid to be sure. What Nathan is correct though but I feel like something's missing.
    but pay no mind to that until i get to checking since I'm usually wrong @[email protected]

• edited September 2018

@Einnecy said:

@a1gundam said:

I'd need to replay the fight or see a vid to be sure. What Nathan is correct though but I feel like something's missing.
    but pay no mind to that until i get to checking since I'm usually wrong @[email protected]

2 of his idk how many skills are unique for the boss fight.

All Wolfgang's Eligos skills use in order (sorry for bad quality in advance):

• Waning Moon Strike
    • Summon - Eligos + down arrow key with Waning Moon Strike (Waning Moon Strike need to be lvl 10+) buff
    • Summon - Eligos + down arrow key
    • Summon - Eligos
    • Summon - Eligos + up arrow key
  • @NekoparaVanilla said:

@Einnecy said:

@a1gundam said:

• Waning Moon Strike
    • Summon - Eligos + down arrow key with Waning Moon Strike (Waning Moon Strike need to be lvl 10+) buff
    • Summon - Eligos

A few are missing yeah, would like to think of it as all of Eligo's capabilities when outside of the grimoire(?)
    Would like to note that there is an additional attack you may have missed - Eligos does a quick short ranged burst attack (a small explosion), after using it you can use the skill again in 2-3s.
    Funny thing is though - I have no idea how to trigger it since i just button mash and break my fingers but I do hope the info comes in handy nonetheless.

• edited September 2018

@Einnecy said:

@NekoparaVanilla said:

@Einnecy said:

@a1gundam said:

• Waning Moon Strike
    • Summon - Eligos

A few are missing yeah, would like to think of it as all of Eligo's capabilities when outside of the grimoire(?)
    Would like to note that there is an additional attack you may have missed - Eligos does a quick short ranged burst attack (a small explosion), after using it you can use the skill again in 2-3s.
    Funny thing is though - I have no idea how to trigger it since i just button mash and break my fingers but I do hope the info comes in handy nonetheless.

You're talking about the first cast of Summon - Eligos. It happens only 1 time, the first time you use Summon - Eligos it will do a little explosion (summoning damage) and that's it, the only time since after that you have all the choices in the vid.

• @NekoparaVanilla said:

@Einnecy said:

@NekoparaVanilla said:

@Einnecy said:

@a1gundam said:

• Waning Moon Strike
    • Summon - Eligos

You're talking about the first cast of Summon - Eligos. It happens only 1 time, the first time you use Summon - Eligos it will do a little explosion (summoning damage) and that's it, the only time since after that you have all the choices in the vid.

I see, was a little confused about that tbh, Thanks for explaining!