Closed Beta & Founders Packs Details!

124»

Comments

• Hello people, is SoD full set(10 pieces)? i'll appreciate an answer. Thank you ;3

• @Melonchan said:
    Hello people, is SoD full set(10 pieces)? i'll appreciate an answer. Thank you ;3

Yes you get a 10/10 SoD set but it only applies to one character of ur pick.

• @Akeida said:

@Melonchan said:
    Hello people, is SoD full set(10 pieces)? i'll appreciate an answer. Thank you ;3

Yes you get a 10/10 SoD set but it only applies to one character of ur pick.

Nice! thank you ^^

• Not even gonna debate this shit anymore. Companies already know what people want. They just keep playing games to see how far they could get away with shit until shit goes under. Always the same shit.

I said from my very first post.

@BOMBFIRST1989 said:

Thanks for the info. I like it when people say it straight up how it is. I'll be eyeing this carefully and be out pretty fast if any bull**** happens. I've been through too many games and not the type to put up with garbage or live in those delusional states that some people tend to do.

-I'm out.

• If you compare Closers Online with say Battlefront 2 Star Wars loot box system our ACE pack look like file mignon, they could just put the whole BoD on a Gancha machine with 0,1% drop rate for acessories like in other versions and you would have to spend far more than 150$ bucks to have the whole set i guarantee that.

BoD is more cosmetic than p2w it doesn't break PvP balance there is a old trick for free players to use the Lone Warrior's Focus set bonus plus the Nightmare Astaroth's set to get 20% Bonus Critical DMG these sets are free and you can use them both losing only 12% Bonus Critical DMG to BoD.

This packs looks more like Boxs from Overwatch to me it doesn't affect game mecanics unlike what happend on Battefront that you get 100% imunity from damage on some skills droped from these Boxes, besides the fact you need 60$ just to buy the game.

• Probably people will buy the expensive pack and sell the buddie keys for 2-4 $ cheaper or something than the cheapest founders pack xD

• circuitsandcoffeecircuitsandcoffee Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff
  • @circuits Could you confirm whether or not we'll be able to save our SoD for a future character release? Like does it come in a package we can keep in our shared bank?

• @circuits Yes, please do confirm if we can save the Dark Command / SoD Box as well as other costume boxes from the Founders packs for future character releases (Wolfdog team members). It's a big deciding factor for me at least, on whether I want to purchase the founders packs or not, as I'm waiting for upcoming characters (Nata!!!) to invest time and effort in.

• The drama is over you can craft BoD after Beta and i love the ideia.

• 6WGM3ER7M56WGM3ER7M5 Member
    edited November 2017

Pleeeasse....I'm broke too....I really want one...QwQ cant even afford the 15 dollar pack i just want access...
    i'm a college student QwQ everything is so expenssiiiive

• PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member
    edited November 2017

Some things to point out to people about founder's packs, and such being discussed here:
    1. The only thing in founder's packs that tends to be truly exclusive tends to be founders titles, which people usually don't use, since other ones would be better. Things like costumes, pets, and so forth likely will be released later as recoloured/reskinned versions, or the founder's pack ones were the recoloured/reskinned version of those released later. Then as has been shown in their recent post, how they define "exclusive" may not be how others may, or they just flat out go back on their promise of exclusivity, so paying money for something you think was an exclusive to set you apart, likely won't pan out as well for you as you think.
    2. No matter how much of a bargain they may try to present founder's packs as, you could likely get all of it for as much, or less later anyhow, and they can often contain items you didn't even want, which degrades their supposed value.
    3. If they do the same as in Kritika, which I quite expect they will, "closed beta" keys will soon be offered at many sites in such quantities that anyone that wants one, will get one. This means what they're calling "closed beta," won't really be all that limited. I've seen the same sort of thing in other games, released by other companies, where even if they call it "closed beta," you may not even need a key to get in, just download, and play. By presenting things as they are, they're likely just trying to drive more people to get founder's packs than may otherwise do so, what with no wipes after closed beta, meaning it's supposedly a much longer head start than usually provided.
    4. The typical few day head start you get from a founder's pack quickly tends to be rendered pointless, especially in games like this, where levelling up to cap can be done so quickly.
    5. You may not like how the game turns out, so are taking a big risk by paying now so early. As Kritika showed, and as they've even said here, they're still using the beta period as a testing ground, so may make more big changes later, changes you may not like at all.
    6. Any game with a cash shop can EASILY be made pay to win, and the term pay to win itself is completely subjective, as it is if one personally feels what was offered for real money, or a real money equivalent provides a greater advantage than you personally are comfortable with. Meaning even if you may claim X in the cash shop/founders pack/whatever doesn't make the game pay to win, others may feel it does, and be correct in saying so.

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

@Yoburi said:
    The drama is over you can craft BoD after Beta and i love the ideia.

This!! I was quite happy when I got home from work to read their announcement.

• I don't get why people talk about MMORPG's that aren't ancient and act like P2W is even a talking point.

Of course this game has P2W aspects, are u people nutty? U can't commonly get things higher than +10 without an abhorrent amount of grinding, limited, rare events, or spending money to make the process happen in a reasonable amount of time. Of course it's P2W by definition, the question is who cares if it's not that bad, and I don't think it's that bad, and I doubt they'll make it bad in the future.

A garbage, sinful game like Elsword arguably wasn't P2W a year or 2 ago. Yeah you could drop $400 on the game and get yourself a +12 weapon and beat people in star rank pvp in a single combo, but the P2W wasn't that bad. The amount of times you went against a person who spent that much money to get that geared were few to none so who cares, it's not like every other match you're going against someone who you can't beat unless you ace them.

Who here is actually going to quit closers because every like 10 games at high ranked PVP they go against some degenerate living off daddies paycheck who has full +15 gear? I really don't think many.

• was anything said about the pet chicken?

• @tike36 said:
    was anything said about the pet chicken?

I have that chicken pet and it gives bouns item %5 if memory serves nothing amazing.

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators, Player Council

The chicken is cute

• @Yoburi said:

@tike36 said:
    was anything said about the pet chicken?

I have that chicken pet and it gives bouns item %5 if memory serves nothing amazing.

dam i was really hoping exp buff

• I GOT A CODE WOOO