Comments

• looks like an updated Terms of Service and an Optional thing that may give ads. In my honest opinion all companies from Microsoft - Apple Update their ToS so it makes no difference to me if EME does it as well

• It says you can opt out so what's the problem again?

• @Elmanism said:
    It says you can opt out so what's the problem again?

not to mention that you don't have to check that box to continue either only the ToS so I don't know what the problem is either.

• @fullmetalone said:

@Elmanism said:

not to mention that you don't have to check that box to continue either only the ToS so I don't know what the problem is either.

Pretty sure you have to tick the box. I tried to opt out, but it wouldn't let me continue unless I checked both boxes.

• (((they))) got us

• @SonnenIicht said:

@fullmetalone said:

@Elmanism said:

Pretty sure you have to tick the box. I tried to opt out, but it wouldn't let me continue unless I checked both boxes.

True this, if you don't check both boxes it will not let you open the app.

Also you guys need to keep in mind that most companies been doing all sort of shady stuff with our data for years, only difference now is that in some countries is illegal to not let you know, so they most likely did this in order to protect themselves.

Is pretty much like when a few months ago, people freaked out about facebook and the whole data + politicians, but facebook always did stuff like that. In fact most likely, even if you don't have facebook atm, it is still spying while you browse the net through some cookie, same with google and windows 10.

• @Rieid said:

@SonnenIicht said:

@fullmetalone said:

@Elmanism said:

Also you guys need to keep in mind that most companies been doing all sort of shady stuff with our data for years, only difference now is that in some countries is illegal to not let you know, so they most likely did this in order to protect themselves.

Is pretty much like when a few months ago, people freaked out about facebook and the whole data + politicians, but facebook always did stuff like that. In fact most likely, even if you don't have facebook atm, it is still spying while you browse the net through some cookie, same with google and windows 10.

To be fair, any of our ISPs could keep track of what we do, so it's not like our data and activities have ever been private on the net.

• RieidRieid Member
    edited September 2018

@Orenglaive said:

@Rieid said:

@SonnenIicht said:

@fullmetalone said:

@Elmanism said:

To be fair, any of our ISPs could keep track of what we do, so it's not like our data and activities have ever been private on the net.

True, even worse in some countries they may even force isps to keep data for a year or more. Also it was Australia if I am not wrong the country in which they wanted to approve some law that force companies to pretty much put back doors on people's apps and services so the gob can get your info without even court order, and if the company refuses to do it, 10 mill penalty fee.. :D
    Not sure if it was just a project or if it was about to be approved, but there was some people talking about it not long ago.

• on the bright side it looks like they may have fixed the lag problem when they updated the tems of service stuff. Closers is running much smoother then it was before.

• The only way to opt out is to unsubscribe from the newsletters. that's so weird

• The only data they gonna find on me is BL B)

• The requirement to opt in to the email is a bug. We are deploying a fix to that problem and a few other issues to our sign-up/login process this afternoon.

You can opt out of email by going to your account page at https://account.enmasse.com, going to the profile tab, and removing the check boxes next to the newsletters you want to unsubscribe from.

• I don't see what the big deal is. You can unsubscribe from the email stuff if you want.

• @P94H4HFJG6 said:
    I don't see what the big deal is. You can unsubscribe from the email stuff if you want.

People don't read, that's all.