Will we ever be able to buy character boost?

I truly love en-masse games with kritika and terra just like closers but theres one question am thinking, will there ever be any way to purchase a boost to gain a max level character right away? I would love this kind of feature and I would buy it right away and am sure it could actually gain a lot of money by doing so.
Also out of context, I still don't know why my name is numbers and letters only, maybe I screwed up while making me username.

Best Answer

• NatoriousNatorious Member
    Accepted Answer

No this game is story driven, all the effort they put into the story would be useless and the leveling is not that tedious as in other games literally can get to end game in a day or 2

Answers

• Square Enix sells insta 60 lvl jobs and main story progression for ffxiv. It's just around 22 euro. People who know how to get money will always have a warm spot in my heart. 'Tis a shame Naddic is different. None of servers, even private, offers level boosts to you.

• Sure. Go ahead and buy character boosts without equipments. What's the point of level-up events anyway? go ahead and beg for raid carries.

• You aren't smart, are you (^-^*)
    Ofc they should come with gear to be able to start puri right away and all skill books from quests. Everyone who thinks of selling level boosts knows what must be done.

• sell gear Hell no .Want it grind for it

• @sevaslatore said:
    You aren't smart, are you (^-^*)
    Ofc they should come with gear to be able to start puri right away and all skill books from quests. Everyone who thinks of selling level boosts knows what must be done.

"You arent smart, are you?"
    hey smartie, this game isnt like those p2w crap games that you came from. you have to grind for your stuff. why would they sell stuff that's good while they can make more money by selling the materials?
    welcome to closers.

• Why not just sell a season pass that gives you everything you can get out of future story/raid content as well while you're at it. If you can't spend 3-4 days leveling a character through story then you might want to look into playing mobile games or some other title that doesnt require you to actually play the game.

I can understand level boosts when there is years worth of content to blow through, but this game literally takes less than 2 weeks to catch up to endgame raids right now, and less than a week to hit 83... If that amount of time investment is too much for you, then why are you playing online rpgs?

• I just wanna get them full leveled up because I have too many games at once and almost never play, I also never knew that story was actually a bad idea to follow to level up :l well thanks for telling me niow. still would buy it because I just play so many RPG at once, like 4-5 of them.

• Like I said, I can completely understand where you are coming from. Years of content to catch up on has stopped me from starting games before, and I can fully accept boosts sold on the ingame store for these games.

However, i do not believe Closers is an example of this. Not only is the leveling very fast after the renovation update back in April, but they continue to reduce the grind needed at endgame with future updates. A prime example of this is once we get the new purification area, the rates of transcending gear become much much higher than they currently are so people can catch up.

TL;DR The game doesnt warrent a character boost bundle and such an item would paint the game even more p2w than people already make it out to be.

• GenmGenm Member
    edited September 2018

game is easy to begin with and very fast to cap with it,
    and now you want to make the game more easier with full cap asap?

• sevaslatoresevaslatore Member
    edited September 2018

Calling ffxiv, gw2 and ddon p2w crap games? What gear to grind when it's free from quests? Yeah, it's f2p players who keep the game alive, EME is better than KR in terms of free stuff and.. just uh

@OreoWolfey Finally someone with good senses in them. To suggest playing other games while we want to play closers tho..
    I don't see, with how it's easy already, giving a 80 lvl with irina/david set, tiamat core and super/extreme set would hurt anyone. All of them come from quests. Making a restriction that account must have 1-2 character capped already won't be a bad idea either. They just need to put big red words in description that leveling characters is fairly fast. The only thing that divides a new character from latest content is time. I see it only as a wasted profit opportunity. It will also bring an incentive in players to cloth and maybe even gear more characters.

Another variant would be giving a free max level with decent gear boost for every 2-4 characters capped. It's profitable for this game when players have more characters. It's already bringing incentive for this with teamwork bonuses and daily entrances restriction. It doesn't work at all because playing only 1 character is way less stressing, both in time/fatigue and money. Many people i know who tried to level and gear multiple characters quit the game because of how bored they were. Those who does it are rare and actually enjoy it, but since they won't be harmed no matter what happens, we aren't taking them in consideration.

To understand me better, i am a pvp player with 8 capped characters overall on different servers. Having to deal with this crappy pvp dependence on pve is already stressing. To waste time leveling chars.. I had only done 3 of them myself. The rest were handled by other nice people. Introducing level boosts would be akin to QoL update for people with similar problems. But personally, i don't see this ever happening nor pvp becoming better in near future. I would like to understand what you mean by season pass. More details please.

• @sevaslatore said:
    Calling ffxiv, gw2 and ddon p2w crap games? What gear to grind when it's free from quests? Yeah, it's f2p players who keep the game alive, EME is better than KR in terms of free stuff and.. just uh

@OreoWolfey Finally someone with good senses in them. To suggest playing other games while we want to play closers tho..
    I don't see, with how it's easy already, giving a 80 lvl with irina/david set, tiamat core and super/extreme set would hurt anyone. All of them come from quests. Making a restriction that account must have 1-2 character capped already won't be a bad idea either. They just need to put big red words in description that leveling characters is fairly fast. The only thing that divides a new character from latest content is time. I see it only as a wasted profit opportunity. It will also bring an incentive in players to cloth and maybe even gear more characters.

Another variant would be giving a free max level with decent gear boost for every 2-4 characters capped. It's profitable for this game when players have more characters. It's already bringing incentive for this with teamwork bonuses and daily entrances restriction. It doesn't work at all because playing only 1 character is way less stressing, both in time/fatigue and money. Many people i know who tried to level and gear multiple characters quit the game because of how bored they were. Those who does it are rare and actually enjoy it, but since they won't be harmed no matter what happens, we aren't taking them in consideration.

To understand me better, i am a pvp player with 8 capped characters overall on different servers. Having to deal with this crappy pvp dependence on pve is already stressing. To waste time leveling chars.. I had only done 3 of them myself. The rest were handled by other nice people. Introducing level boosts would be akin to QoL update for people with similar problems. But personally, i don't see this ever happening nor pvp becoming better in near future. I would like to understand what you mean by season pass. More details please.

1- the only good gear that's free from quests:
    extreme core
    david module (you can pass without it)
    materials to make crater core/module
    irina trinket (one piece) (you can pass without it)

you still have to grind for 2 more pieces of irina
    you still have to grind for 3 extreme trinkets and one module
    you still have to grind for david receiver because we dont have anzuris yet
    David trinket needs 5-6 days (a platinum user), Extreme needs some days of grinding and 55M, (I get 21M a day for doing tiamat with 5 characters with platinum)

Oh, did I mention that It will take you 10 mins each if you try to solo PG73/75 bosses by yourself when you have bad gear?
    also it's a 2-day quest

2- What's the point of leveling events when you can just jump a char up to 83?
    3- No Fatigue in NA, if you dont have time just do stuff that you have to do and dont play games
    4- Those "bored" players will quit sooner or later because of how grindy the endgame is
    5- if you're here for only PVP, you can play at the Rookie arena where stats arent really important
    6- yeah, EME does more free events but KR gives free +13s and enhancing is really important for endgame. there's a mountain of difference between +12 and +13. KR also has this calendar event too.

• sevaslatoresevaslatore Member
    edited September 2018

Just dont place your words instead of mine. Extreme takes me 3-4 days. Full irina set usually comes at the day i finish union hq quests. I did mess up david with irina. Somehow, what i get from quests allows me to start doing puri with no problem. I am also pure f2p on EU

• @sevaslatore sorry, I didn't really mean you should quit playing the game you enjoy, I was only pointing out that other games might better suit people who don't have the free time for online rpgs.

As for the season pass comment, that was more of a sarcastic joke about how game devs can literally slap a price tag on anything so they might as well sell all future content in the character boost pack as well.

I can respect why you want them in the game, but I stand by my point of leveling not taking long enough to make the benefits outweigh the downsides. People already complain when they sell raid material drops in bundles and it does blur the line of p2w since you can buy teamwork skills and event rewards during character releases/special agent updates without actually earning them yourself.

Ultimately it is up to the folks at En Masse, but this is not something I personally endorse. ^^

• Thank you for you time and for being polite ^^
    I dont want to see lvl boosters myself, i just see them as something that is more likely to happen. Future QoL updates gonna take awhile.