Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Hell trinkets aren't exactly an upgrade for Violet....

The loss of the +1 to special skills from the harpas 2/2 set is totally not worth the increase in tcp from the 3/3 hell trinkets.
I could get the master cube for Ex Camellia Drop before by getting a +1 from modules but now will need +1 on 2 modules instead and I also lose the master cube from FM4 which is my 2nd exceed source. Otherwise I have to use the 4/4 extreme to replace the above which means I cant use the epsilon 6/9 for the sweet +5 exceed artistry/strike and +3 basic atk.
I could go get the tunes needed but this ojousama is seriously spending more money than she is earning

Comments

• Just wait for 85cap and nito :disappointed:

• Just use the extreme set? I mean there's nearly noway for you to have an hell mod at this point and the TAP you get from puri trinkets will be higher than the literal shit you wear as a 3rd mod right now.

• VaunhauseVaunhause Member
    edited December 2018

@7LGCACLMLN You'd want an epsilon mod for Exceed Strike or Exceed Arts. They are apart of an exceed pool that upgrades all of your exceed skills, which is weird. And when I mean all, I mean all. Charge, your inputs, even your upper cut.

But its a gigantic DPS increase. You don't even really have the option to use Extreme set mod if you want to do actual damage on most characters.

@Jinyo You also DO want the T5 mod over the Extreme set mod, even if it has a bonus. The Raw difference on the T5 mod over the Extreme set mod, even with the set difference, just gives too much of a damage increase. You can't forget, T5 mods also give you a ton of free stats.

If we compare a physical mod and mod set as an example, this is what the difference is.

Roughly 300 more base raw, 18% back crit damage, 420 Raw in general and 32% crit damage.

Thats 420 more raw, counting the base raw and the extra raw (since pg75 mod has 300 extra raw), 8% less crit damage, but also 18% back crit damage, which is essentially 10% more crit damage.

It also has 70 more raw at +13 than the PG75 mod, in enhance values.

All in all, the 20% crit damage isn't worth it to use.

But, back to OP @7LGCACLMLN

Considering you don't have tunes, just use the Extreme set bonus. It makes Violet a lot stronger, since she gets her main sources of damage back. It's not the best, but it's not horrible. You should attempt to tune Camilla EX and Grand Cross EX on your mod and core asap, so you can use better sets for damage, like some of the stuff I said earlier.

Of course, if she's not your main, there's no real point in doing that, in which case you should just use the extreme 4/4 set altogether.

• @Vaunhause for Violet, you don't really use a third T5 mod(although you can I guess), but an epic grade module that drops in 5-6 sides though. The one that boosts artistry and basic attack passive :smile: Hell mod is better in the end, but good luck with that :neutral:

• VaunhauseVaunhause Member
    edited December 2018

The reply goes over the fact that you use a T5 mod over an Extreme mod, considering you have the tunes. I already know. Over a T5 mod you'd rather an Epsilon mod, as I mentioned. The hell mod is good, but the Epsilon mod is also a broken damage increase for Violet, so I can't say for sure which is better than the other for Violet. @Lihzakivi

EDIT: Didn't know WH chibi's were out. Time to put best daughter as my chibi, ez.

• yeah if you use hell trinkets youll lose +1 to all fm's and +1 to all ex skills thats why i better use hell trinkets 2/2 and puri trinkets the green one 2/2.

• @Vaunhause said:
    @7LGCACLMLN You'd want an epsilon mod for Exceed Strike or Exceed Arts. They are apart of an exceed pool that upgrades all of your exceed skills, which is weird. And when I mean all, I mean all. Charge, your inputs, even your upper cut.

But its a gigantic DPS increase. You don't even really have the option to use Extreme set mod if you want to do actual damage on most characters.

I do have the epsilon mod, I just can use it anymore because I replaced it for the 4/4 extreme

But, back to OP @7LGCACLMLN

Considering you don't have tunes, just use the Extreme set bonus. It makes Violet a lot stronger, since she gets her main sources of damage back. It's not the best, but it's not horrible. You should attempt to tune Camilla EX and Grand Cross EX on your mod and core asap, so you can use better sets for damage, like some of the stuff I said earlier.

Of course, if she's not your main, there's no real point in doing that, in which case you should just use the extreme 4/4 set altogether.

I tried. 15-17 hyperclocks later, I am proud to say I have Exceed: Double.
    Kill me

• @7LGCACLMLN said:
    The loss of the +1 to special skills from the harpas 2/2 set is totally not worth the increase in tcp from the 3/3 hell trinkets.
    I could get the master cube for Ex Camellia Drop before by getting a +1 from modules but now will need +1 on 2 modules instead and I also lose the master cube from FM4 which is my 2nd exceed source. Otherwise I have to use the 4/4 extreme to replace the above which means I cant use the epsilon 6/9 for the sweet +5 exceed artistry/strike and +3 basic atk.
    I could go get the tunes needed but this ojousama is seriously spending more money than she is earning

that is basically the same for sylvi , master cube effect of ex skills is simply too great to refuse hence either i use 2/2 green puri , 3/4 extreme(2 trinket and 1 mod ) and 2/3 hell or 4/4 extreme , and 3/3 hell trinkets

• You can alternatively take any base mod that is required for your 2/2 set, or even just the extra mods from puri that are Transcendable, tune it for free, and repeat until you get your EX tunes. Then get your orange tube and get it up to T5.
    Its the method I use, and it saves a lot of money while also letting you use your optimal set. It's a pain in the ass to get T5, and doubly so if you already had it, but it's worth it.

Just thought I'd offer an alternative.