Please read the following thread concerning deleted EU characters, and complete the instructions by 02/27, 5pm PST: http://bit.ly/2tliSOY

About South America EMP prices

Hey, I'm Piccola, from Brazil, South America, and I want to talk about the EMP price down here at 3rd world.

First of all, let me clarify: We don't want privileges, we want equality.

Why? Because South America has a diferent economy, diferent purchasing power and a diferent currency (the most important part of it).
I'll speak for Brazil, but i know this is not much diferent in the others countries around here.

Our currency is called "REAL". At the present day, a dolar worth about 3,7 reais, almost 4!

For example, Premium for USA players worth about 15 dolars, and your minimum wage is about 1600 dollars (depending on state, i know).

Premium for us is about 55 reais, and our minimum wage is about 900 reais.

This is 2010 image, but is a good example because is in english and in dolars. Not has changed. minimum wage increased a little since.

And is not hard to do an adjust. Several games had this filter on steam, and people buying with South America currency pay 3 times less or something like that.

And i know Eme knows that a good part of the player base is in South America. I saw people speaking in portoguese and spanish all the time in the world chat. I know 2 big guilds only with Brazilians in the game. This change can be good for the game, for us and for EME.

Because when a USA player spend 0.0625% of the minium wage at one play at the gacha, we spend 0.42% of ours. I'm not sayin theres no Brazilian with money to spent in the game without thinking about this, but in our majority, we can't.

So I hope this topic reaches Eme and they can help us to grow the playerbase here on South America, so my friends can finally buy EMP without thinking 3, 4 times and giving up.

Im sorry for the long txt. But I really want closers growing in South America.

And as you guys know, our language is not english, so i hope my entire txt was clear.

Thank you for you time, if you read all of that. <3

Comments

• Thumbs up, SA players get hit hard in their pockets when it comes to gaming in general, so a cheaper/fair EMP price for us would be pretty welcome.

• Currently I do not have the courage to spend with cash, since the prices for us Brazilians are very high, but if they make this change in prices, we Brazilians will certainly invest

• Well, the majority of players around here really dont use the foruns just because the language barrier, but i'll try to lure some here participate in the discussion.

• HimeHime Member, Player Moderators

Admittedly this is a topic I'm not fully in the loop of, nevertheless your feedback regarding fairer prices for South America is credible. Your words were clear, so don't worry about that. :) I'll bring this up to EME for feedback and see what comes of it.

• i agree its not fair but unless they open a South America "server" with lower prices i can see this being expioitable and ruining the ingame economy,

• @salubri84 yeah, i tought about that too. And in others games i played (big games) they did that on steam for Brazil separated from another countries of south America, and the server was "South America". The game still operating and no one case of exploit. I think the country merge for the account can be easily done. But i dont know much about this stuff, so i hope Eme do.

@Hime Thank you! Means a lot your help.

• @salubri84 said:
    i agree its not fair but unless they open a South America "server" with lower prices i can see this being expioitable and ruining the ingame economy,

Spoiler: The economy in NA is already in a really bad state and will get worse.

• So there is a handfull of ways to prevent exploit and ban people trying to do. This is not a problem, and is pretty normal. I'm pretty sure EME wants South America players buying more EMP and they can came with protections against possible exploit.

Steam has a good system to prevent that. Other games never had issues. I dont see Closers having one.

• Yeah this is a big problem for the people who live in Brazil (South America). So you have my support! :smile:

• This is good! I'll finally buy some emp gfor a fair price. I hope this can be implemented

• PiccolaPiccola Member
    edited January 18

Thank you for the support. Well guys, try to let other south america players know about this topic too. o/ Tell your friends and etc.
    I dont know the people from the 2 major BR guilds in the game, sadly.

• EnryuKenEnryuKen Member
    edited January 19

This could be a great change for SA players. You can already buy DLC packages from steam at local currency which is 20-30% cheaper than using dollars. And of course this could be exploited by some players so if this happen should be done right by EmE

• @EnryuKen said:
    This could be a great change for SA players. You can already buy DLC packages from steam at local currency which is 20-30% cheaper than using dollars. And of course this could be exploited by some players so if this happen should be done right by EmE

Yeah, but still 30% is better but not solves much. Eme is a big company, I'm pretty sure if they want to do they will do the right way and exploit proof

• EMP can be bought with steam money already, why not use this as many other companies did?
    I am a brazillian player too, already bought EMP and I believe every brazillian player thought about purchasing EMP and gave up because of price/benefit.
    Many games on steam use Steam currency to purchase in game credit (such as EMP or cash). Region locking prices searching for equality would make it more suitable for everyone.
    EME has actually nothing to lose with this, as it would only bring more customers in paid services.
    Also I'm from UnionProject, which I believe is one of the biggest Brazillian crews, and I'm aware that many players here share my opinion.
    Thanks for reading o/

• @Hiekata said:
    EMP can be bought with steam money already, why not use this as many other companies did?
    I am a brazillian player too, already bought EMP and I believe every brazillian player thought about purchasing EMP and gave up because of price/benefit.
    Many games on steam use Steam currency to purchase in game credit (such as EMP or cash). Region locking prices searching for equality would make it more suitable for everyone.
    EME has actually nothing to lose with this, as it would only bring more customers in paid services.
    Also I'm from UnionProject, which I believe is one of the biggest Brazillian crews, and I'm aware that many players here share my opinion.
    Thanks for reading o/

Exactly! 0/

• nice idea, we need this

• EdokenEdoken Member
    edited January 25

Yeah, @Hiekata is right, I as well as many UnionProject players buy packages through steam because of price viability, I think that reducing prices for South America players would be advantageous for eme due to number of buyers, I have sure that many players in my crew would like to invest in emp.

• Lets hope they can see this topic and do this as the same time or short after the merge. :(

• Would be nice, but then they would have to include other countries too, like east Europe for example where people earn even less than in Brazil... and they won't d so sorry OP but I don't see it.

• PiccolaPiccola Member
    edited January 28

East Europe i find hard to believe has and economy worst than Brazil. And they can do the Steam cash for every country in the word, easily. It's a common thing, its not a rocket science.

Besides, Brazil and South America has a great % of the player base. East Europe will decrease even more with the merge.

Brazil is really a big part of Closers NA. They can see that in their stats, im pretty sure.

• AoiRyuuAoiRyuu Member
    edited January 28

So you want to discriminate just because there is less people?
    And about economy of eastern europe:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine
    127th place in GDP ranking
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil
    65th place in GDP ranking
    Hard to believe that they have worse economy? Here you go, these are facts. You don't have to believe, you just need to google.

And btw it's not that I don't agree with you about adjusting prices for poor countries I just think you are too narrow minded about this.

• let hope they see this after the merge

• Discriminate? It's just a logical reasoning, reducing prices to few buyers isn't profitable, I don't think eme or any other company would do that, yes ... it's sad, but that's how things work.

• PiccolaPiccola Member
    edited February 4

@Edoken said:
    Discriminate? It's just a logical reasoning, reducing prices to few buyers isn't profitable, I don't think eme or any other company would do that, yes ... it's sad, but that's how things work.

But you're wrong about this. Eme could do do this, but another companies do. I can't post examples on forum about other games, but there are plenty of them with 50% prices for Brazil and South America. This games has much more players from SA because the prices are fair. People from poor countries are very sensitive about money and they will not spend in something they dont think its fair.

Profit is not about price. Profit is about image, client demand, good service and stuff. Is EME lower the price, will me more profit. Is just how the world works these days. High price for profit is a 1950 thinking.

I was told that EME has a lot of Brazilian people on TERA and never tought of lowering the prices for us. So this topic seems to be pointless. But I hope they change their minds.

• EdokenEdoken Member
    edited February 4

@Piccola said:

@Edoken said:
    Discriminate? It's just a logical reasoning, reducing prices to few buyers isn't profitable, I don't think eme or any other company would do that, yes ... it's sad, but that's how things work.

But you're wrong about this. Eme could do do this, but another companies do. I can't post examples on forum about other games, but there are plenty of them with 50% prices for Brazil and South America. This games has much more players from SA because the prices are fair. People from poor countries are very sensitive about money and they will not spend in something they dont think its fair.

Profit is not about price. Profit is about image, client demand, good service and stuff. Is EME lower the price, will me more profit. Is just how the world works these days. High price for profit is a 1950 thinking.

I was told that EME has a lot of Brazilian people on TERA and never tought of lowering the prices for us. So this topic seems to be pointless. But I hope they change their minds.

It's true that service quality is essential for a company, what i mean is that even something like this requires planning, so I considered that it would be more appropriate to invest in a more solid player base, of course, I'm just doing assumptions. And I don't disagree with what you said, believe I was wrong, I expressed myself badly, but let's suppose, and if their player base dropped for other reasons and keep dropping, then why would it be interesting for the company's point of view to do some planning for them?

even if it doesn't work, I think the simple effort to do something is valid, after all, better try than do nothing

about these games, can you send examples to the inbox? I'm interested in details.

• Well that you say about this. I'm not from Brazil but average monthly salary almost same in my country & if don't include 2 cities - it's ~450$ only. So this is a problem not only for your country & I hope eme can make regional prices. For example
    we have already few DLC in Steam with regional prices & i bought each because they not put just on it NA price, also my guild mates from different countries bought it also only because it's have reasonable price. Maybe will be hard make regional eme-packages at web-site. Citizens of "rich" country will try buy emp for rate of "poor" country - so maybe add those packages at Steam like DLC which you can buy not once at account. So i think it's will be good & save.

I'm from EU & before merge our black market has been dead. 3-5 chests in total at bm & nobody sell costumes / parts from emp-store + for 2 months I don't saw people wearing costumes from shop (1.5 months in game ending in 1st channel) So players paying less should be better that players paying nothing. I guess this was the cause of death EU server. Who will buy package when it's 1/3 of your salary?! People just refuse to pay because price too high for them or leave the game. Less population = less gain. In the end you can say that people can buy shop-items for game credits from bm - but
    1) Not all items can be sold - and these are important things
    2) Seller ask your "soul" for item/items (superoverpriced)
    3) Hard find legit emp-sellers
    4) If you even will find sellers - someone can just snipe your item at bm (you can use other way but it's not safe for both sides)
    So if players will have an alternative - they just will buy from emp-shop. But while the emp-prices so high for some countries - they will probably never buy anything from shop...this is really important for a healthy community in the game. I really want to see a reasonable prices for other countries & not like someone try get 3-4 weeks 1 costume part at bm from active wm -_-

• no

• @Teaemilia said:
    Well that you say about this. I'm not from Brazil but average monthly salary almost same in my country & if don't include 2 cities - it's ~450$ only. So this is a problem not only for your country & I hope eme can make regional prices. For example
    we have already few DLC in Steam with regional prices & i bought each because they not put just on it NA price, also my guild mates from different countries bought it also only because it's have reasonable price. Maybe will be hard make regional eme-packages at web-site. Citizens of "rich" country will try buy emp for rate of "poor" country - so maybe add those packages at Steam like DLC which you can buy not once at account. So i think it's will be good & save.

I'm from EU & before merge our black market has been dead. 3-5 chests in total at bm & nobody sell costumes / parts from emp-store + for 2 months I don't saw people wearing costumes from shop (1.5 months in game ending in 1st channel) So players paying less should be better that players paying nothing. I guess this was the cause of death EU server. Who will buy package when it's 1/3 of your salary?! People just refuse to pay because price too high for them or leave the game. Less population = less gain. In the end you can say that people can buy shop-items for game credits from bm - but
    1) Not all items can be sold - and these are important things
    2) Seller ask your "soul" for item/items (superoverpriced)
    3) Hard find legit emp-sellers
    4) If you even will find sellers - someone can just snipe your item at bm (you can use other way but it's not safe for both sides)
    So if players will have an alternative - they just will buy from emp-shop. But while the emp-prices so high for some countries - they will probably never buy anything from shop...this is really important for a healthy community in the game. I really want to see a reasonable prices for other countries & not like someone try get 3-4 weeks 1 costume part at bm from active wm -_-

Hmm, i didnt know that. The reasonable prices for the entire world must be a concern, because this is a "world" server now. Europe should have a fair price too.

But i think this will never happen, so... we'll have to be a f2p forever. I cant afford to spend that amount of money on a game. Is too much, sadly.