The new launcher is the best

edited January 2019 in General Discussion

As the title say the new launcher it´s a major improvement from the last one because it´s more responsive, fast to open and close. The design is great too but the most important thing to me is that finally solved the problem of "timeout waiting for window to load". I almost stop playing the game because of this...I know you can "avoid" the problem forcing the old launcher to open but it wasn´t the best way to deal with that and finally the answer to that problem is solved with this new and great looking launcher.

If you know about somebody that stop playing the game because the old launcher was a real problem, please tell them to check the new one and maybe they will be back to play.

PS: I know some people will have problems with the new launcher (That always happen with any program), I am talking only from my point of view. Not playing in Steam btw.

Comments

• I think "best" is going too far...way too far
    Yes, it may have improved slightly on performance (for opening/closing), but it is still ridiculous being based on a web page rather than a full application. It still works poorly when your connection is unstable, the interface also feels "laggy" when clicking around even on my 7700k with 50gb internet speed.

Also the reason I have quit before still exists: the launcher don't have a self-repair when it's .css and related page files are deleted (by ccleaner or other cleaning program), which is only solved by a full restart of the system.

So in the end, while they worked on the eyecandy factor, it still runs very poorly and is using slightly more memory with no minimize to tray option (used to have before).

• @Reyvon said:
    I think "best" is going too far...way too far
    Yes, it may have improved slightly on performance (for opening/closing), but it is still ridiculous being based on a web page rather than a full application. It still works poorly when your connection is unstable, the interface also feels "laggy" when clicking around even on my 7700k with 50gb internet speed.

Also the reason I have quit before still exists: the launcher don't have a self-repair when it's .css and related page files are deleted (by ccleaner or other cleaning program), which is only solved by a full restart of the system.

So in the end, while they worked on the eyecandy factor, it still runs very poorly and is using slightly more memory with no minimize to tray option (used to have before).

To me is a major imporvement from the last one because solved my problem with the error that I said earlier. I know the game and by extend the launcher need a lot of real work to be decent (Planar gate and Purification hell prove this) but I am happy with the end result, I guess you can say I am the kind of person that see the good in the bad lol. I am sorry that you did quit because of that.

• @Reyvon said:

CCleaner has an exclude function. The same goes for almost any utility program.

The only problem I have in the new launcher is this:

Searched around and found out it has something to do with Hardware Acceleration. Sometimes it's a white/black box. Sometimes my entire display goes black and crash but I can still click around. Same problem happens on my chrome browser if I don't disable hardware acceleration. I suffer the same issue in LoL launcher. The fault lies in my potato laptop's graphics - Intel HD previous gen so it has nothing to do with the launcher. Hopefully there's an option to disable it.

Overall, I love the new launcher. Love the dark UI. No more solid state network error. More responsive than the previous one. GJ