We will be entering into maintenance on 12/09 at 3pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 2 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/closersmaintenance
Dimensional Gels will expire on 12/9 at 3pm PST, as soon as maintenance begins. Be sure to use your gels now!

Korea gets awakened tiamat pet for free but we 'have' to pay $150? you joke right?

title. Likea month ago Korea had an event for the awaken tiamat pet and get it for free. But our version that has much more cash grabs and +13 boosters only in cash shop deals, has to pay an additional 150 dollars for a pet? you kidding me, you have to be kidding. Why is everything locked behind a paywall in this game? Why can't we have Cool Stuff A for free and Cool Stuff B for payment. Why everything gotta be classified as Cool Stuff B in this game. you mock us for playing the game

Comments

• Lol it's the normal tiamat pet. Not even the proper black one which has Powerful attack moves.

• The game has to make money in some way or another.

Also I'm pretty sure people will be selling tiamat pet and whatever anyway, It's just the normal tiamat pet but maxed out I guess.

• MomoDaakuMomoDaaku Member
    edited February 14

@TheQuilla said:
    The game has to make money in some way or another.
    Also I'm pretty sure people will be selling tiamat pet and whatever anyway, It's just the normal tiamat pet but maxed out I guess.

Doesn't seem so. They even write it's currently the most powerful pet in the description of the Rogue Agents Pack and the black one has been added to the pet window.

And I've seen people running around with the black one. So unless I'm missing something, this is the pet from the $150 Pack.

• I see.

Well, they will drop it on deals some time or another. Please remember that KR had a player loss at some point and its 4 years old compared to EME version which is only one year old. Pretty sure we will get +14s and Awakened tiamats as a free reward sometime too.

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators, Player Council
    edited February 15

The pet is "INDEED THE WAKEN TIAMAT" pet. Yes the all black aura Tiamat pet. It's totally the different pet compare to normal Tiamat pet.

• @CodeOrder said:
    Lol it's the normal tiamat pet. Not even the proper black one which has Powerful attack moves.

• No man, it's not $150. It is $163..... For some bullcrap reason they tax you on this package.

• Love the part that this is considered DLC. Where is content tho? xd

• @TechnoTrance said:
    No man, it's not $150. It is $163..... For some bullcrap reason they tax you on this package.

it's not them that taxes you it's your state that adds the tax for some BS reason

@3R4YAWRGAM said:
    Love the part that this is considered DLC. Where is content tho? xd

not all DLC has the "content" you are accustomed to take Dragonball FighterZ for example, their DLC is a Fighter. Depending on the games definition of content determines the contents of a DLC

• @fullmetalone said:

@TechnoTrance said:
    No man, it's not $150. It is $163..... For some bullcrap reason they tax you on this package.

it's not them that taxes you it's your state that adds the tax for some BS reason

@3R4YAWRGAM said:

not all DLC has the "content" you are accustomed to take Dragonball FighterZ for example, their DLC is a Fighter. Depending on the games definition of content determines the contents of a DLC

DLC stands for Downloadable Content; costume, pet and vouchers are considered content? Dont think so.

Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game. It is distributed through the Internet by the game's official publisher. Downloadable content can be of several types, ranging from aesthetic outfit changes to a new, extensive storyline, similar to an expansion pack. As such, DLC may add new game modes, objects, levels, challenges, or other features to a complete, already-released game. It is a form of video game monetization, enabling a publisher to gain additional revenue from a title after it has been purchased by offering DLC at low costs, frequently using a type of microtransaction system for payment.

Straight from wiki.^

• EleiraEleira Member
    edited February 23

@3R4YAWRGAM said:
    Downloadable content (DLC) is additional content created for a released video game. It is distributed through the Internet by the game's official publisher. Downloadable content can be of several types, ranging from aesthetic outfit changes to a new, extensive storyline, similar to an expansion pack. As such, DLC may add new game modes, objects, levels, challenges, or other features to a complete, already-released game. It is a form of video game monetization, enabling a publisher to gain additional revenue from a title after it has been purchased by offering DLC at low costs, frequently using a type of microtransaction system for payment.

Straight from wiki.^

have you read what you copied? from that definition costumes and pets are indeed content.

• @Eleira said:

@3R4YAWRGAM said:

Straight from wiki.^

have you read what you copied? from that definition costumes and pets are indeed content.

True. Pets, costumes, etc. is DLC...
    Well... Except part of offering DLC at low costs lul

• If people are happy to call these 150 dollar packs dlc. Then might aswell make future content pay to progress. This would encourage the company to push out dlc more because at the moment we gonna need loads of dlc for this game to be less stale.

• @CodeOrder said:
    If people are happy to call these 150 dollar packs dlc. Then might aswell make future content pay to progress. This would encourage the company to push out dlc more because at the moment we gonna need loads of dlc for this game to be less stale.

Who needs content when you can look pretty for 150 bucks?

• Whether it's content or not, either way, you aren't downloading anything though :neutral:

• Yes haha. I don't mind buying some nice earrings for 300 dollars. Hopefully they allow us to open ring ACC's so we can get some nice 24 carat diamond ring. Maybe they should sell some auto complete dailies. Who needs to try when you can P2P. Very good for economy!!!

• @fullmetalone said:

@TechnoTrance said:

@3R4YAWRGAM said:

Well, What i meant was that the other packs that they are selling does not tax you