Rogue Agents DLC Pack Feedback

edited February 20 in Closers Feedback

Along with the beginning of Season 3 comes two new DLC bundles! The Rogue Agents pack is available for $149.99, and the Operator pack is available for $29.99. Here, I'll break down my thoughts on the new packs and look at some other Closers bundles for comparison.

Rogue Agents Pack ($149.99) - includes the following:

Dark Command (SoD) full 10/10 set
3x 30-day Elite Status vouchers (total of 90 days)
Operator Costume Set
Transparent Costume Slot Full Set
3x 30-day Gardening vouchers (total of 90 days)
3x 30-day Maid Service vouchers (total of 90 days)
+1 Enhancement Booster
+13 Gear Booster
Mini Awakened Tiamat Pet Package (This is a brand-new Tiamat pet that resembles her final phase in the Assault raid and is, according to the news, the most powerful pet currently available.)

First, let's compare this to the contents of the Wildhuter Ace bundle that was available with Wolfgang's release. (I'm pulling mostly from memory here, so I apologize if I missed anything that was included.)

Wildhuter Ace Bundle ($149.99) - included the following:

Dark Command (SoD) full 10/10 set - components were tradeable
6x 30-day Elite Status vouchers (total of 180 days)
Ivory Icon Costume Set - untradeable
Sunset Noble Costume Set - tradeable
10,000 EMP
Monster Cat Pet (Exclusive to this and the previous Founder Pack bundles)
15x Tide Washing Machines
Heart Light Effect
Wildhuter Ace title
Midnight Phase Wings (temporary; lasts 90 days)

Comparing the two side-by-side, the main things that jump out at me are 1) the replacement of the 10,000 EMP, 2) having only one additional costume in the bundle as opposed to two in the Wildhuter bundle, and 3) the reduction of Elite status from 6 months to 3 months. Let's break it down a little bit further.

1) SoD full set is the same for both bundles.

2) 90 days of Elite is just enough for Platinum status, though I think I would have liked this pack a bit more with 180 days for the extra Platinum status rewards. (Don't make the same silly mistake I did when I used Elite vouchers one at a time for the first 2 months I played...whoops.)

3) The lack of Ivory Icon is a surprise to me and somewhat disappointing, honestly, as it was an extra in both the Founder's Pack and Wildhuter bundles.

4) The Operator costume is pretty much the Sunset Noble costume of this bundle; it's exclusive as far as I know. Personally, I think it looks pretty good! It would definitely be a 10/10 if we could save it for Bai.

5a) The transparent costume slots are a pretty good addition and save you a bunch of EMP buying them, but are the new replacements worth dropping the 10k EMP from the packs? (I'll get to the Maid Service and Gardening in a moment to answer this.)

5b) With 60 days of VIP maid service, you get two extra explorations and two chances at a housing Washing Machine per day. 30 days of regular maid service give you one extra exploration per day/1 chance at a Washing Machine. That's 150 total rewards and, if we assume a 20% rate of Washing Machines (don't quote me on this percentage, please), you can expect to get ~30 washing machines and a bunch of other useful rewards across the 90 days. The Rainbow Seeds from gardening give pretty good rewards as well. Considering this, I think the vouchers and transparent slots make a decent substitute for the 10k EMP and 15 washing machines from the last bundle, although you may feel it's not quite as good as just having 10k EMP sitting on your account to use as you please (and I personally would agree). If you're not into the housing features, it probably just feels like you're missing some value here.

6) The +13 Gear Booster and +1 EB are neat bonus items, but neither of these would sell this bundle to me.

7) There's no title with this bundle. It would be cool to have one here.

8) IMO, the new pet is a big plus here and a great replacement for the Monster Cat. One of the main selling points of this bundle as far as I can see.

Now, for a quick look at the Operator Pack.

Operator Pack ($29.99) - Contains the following:

Operator Costume Set
30-day Elite Voucher
30-day Maid Service Voucher
30-day Gardening Service Voucher
+12/+13 Gear Booster Random Box

The Elite, Maid, and Garden vouchers separately are worth ~3500 EMP if you were to get them through the EMP store, so that along with the costume makes this a solid deal if you take advantage of all of those features. The chance of a +13 is also cool. Should you buy it, though? That depends mostly on whether you like the costume or not; the $9.99 Premium Sale pack has very similar content if you haven't already purchased it (minus the chance of a +13 and the Operator set itself).

Overall Thoughts:

Both of these bundles are solid. Compared to the previous top-tier bundles, however, I think this new $149.99 bundle offer isn't quite as impressive; with 1 less outfit and the EMP replacement, this bundle gives me less of a "wow" factor for me than the previous one did. On that note, whether you, the curious player, should buy either of these packs is highly dependent on whether you find the majority of these contents useful and valuable enough to justify the price point. For example, if you already have a 10/10 signature set on your main character and don't plan to get one for any other current characters, then I'd consider saving your money for future bundles.

This analysis went on a bit longer than I thought it would, so if you've managed to make it this far, then I thank you for reading to the end! Hopefully, this will help guide your purchasing decisions.

(Edit: fixed a typo and a formatting error)

Comments

• Tiamat pet was surprising that it requires people to purchase. Think in KR it was free from event. But because it's gonna be sold I don't think we will ever be able to get it from an event which means it can probably only be brought from certain packages in future.

• its a lot cheaper compared to the other set because you can buy it on steam!
    and having maid/garden instead of more elite is good for a lot of players because they have stacked elite until next year+ alrdy

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators

Thank you for your feedback on the new DLC.

It would be super helpful if other people can also tell us : what you like? what you dislike on the new DLC? what you wan to change and why? ......

• @CodeOrder said:
    Tiamat pet was surprising that it requires people to purchase. Think in KR it was free from event. But because it's gonna be sold I don't think we will ever be able to get it from an event which means it can probably only be brought from certain packages in future.

Yeah, I saw the post about it being free in KR not too long ago. I hope there are other (read: more affordable) ways to obtain it in the future, but I'm just happy to see the Monster Cat pet isn't on there again.

@XHFG5R7E67 said:
    its a lot cheaper compared to the other set because you can buy it on steam!
    and having maid/garden instead of more elite is good for a lot of players because they have stacked elite until next year+ alrdy

I'm not sure which pack specifically you're referring to (Premium Super Sale if I had to guess), but all of these packs are available on Steam as of this post.

In response to your other point, I think adding the maid/garden vouchers was a great idea, and those help cover the 90 days of Platinum rewards you would've had instead, but I do not think the transparent costume slots alone are a suitable substitute for the 10k EMP -- their use is a bit more limited, but that's just my opinion. (All 17 transparent costume slots add up to 6,800 EMP in the store.)

• So If I purchase this pack, is the Dark Command Set locked to one character only, or can I use it on multiple characters in my account?

• Ray676Ray676 Member

@SoulSlayer17 said:
    So If I purchase this pack, is the Dark Command Set locked to one character only, or can I use it on multiple characters in my account?

You get a box that gives you 10/10 Dark Command for the character you open it on. Single character.

• Alright thanks for the info

• I think the bundle would be a bit nicer if they tossed in an extra character slot or inventory. Personally, I don't think there's quite a price I would be comfortable paying for temporary items especially when I don't play often / consistently enough to justify it.

I'm really wanting to buy one of the bundles to support the game, but as it stands there's nothing that interests me. Much rather buy EMP to get the things I want rather than a gamble.

• KhleysKhleys Member

@Rukia said:
    Thank you for your feedback on the new DLC.

It would be super helpful if other people can also tell us : what you like? what you dislike on the new DLC? what you wan to change and why? ......

The extra 10,000 EMP returning would be nice.
    Maybe it's just me, but when there's a huge price tag and I feel like I'm getting twice the value for what I'm paying, I'm more likely to buy it.

Also, the Bai SoD package that was released put up some red flags for me. It seems as though the bundles are gradually getting worse and worse. Why was SoD untradeable?

Please don't continue this downward trend.