Faster way to de/allocate skill points

At present, I believe you have to click the +/- button for every skill point that you want to add or remove and while in practice this works fine while you're leveling a character, it can be cumbersome when you complete the TF promotion and want to remove the skill points from most of the old passives to obtain the new ones. There should be a way to modify skill points in bulk, e.g. shift-click the +/- button to modify a skill by 5 or 10 levels at a time and/or ctrl-click the + button to max the skill or - button to reset a skill to 0.

Comments

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators

I've mentioned this in the past, but after they gave us skill tree's it wasn't a big problem anymore. Still a good idea though

• TarasikTarasik Member
    edited April 1

those skill trees are really useful, I don't have to choose where to allocate my points anymore

• TekniqalTekniqal Member

Mind elaborating a bit on this? e.g. a picture of the skill tree and why the change is so great. Did they add a min/max button?

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators

@Tekniqal said:
    Mind elaborating a bit on this? e.g. a picture of the skill tree and why the change is so great. Did they add a min/max button?

They add separate PVE and PVP skill tree. Typical people don't just change skill on daily basic or rather there isn't much reason to when you settle down( at level capped, have all of your skill, TF,...). However PVP and PVE build are totally different ( in most classes). As the result have separate PVE and PVP skill are pretty much all you need.

• TarasikTarasik Member

@Rukia said:

@Tekniqal said:

They add separate PVE and PVP skill tree. Typical people don't just change skill on daily basic or rather there isn't much reason to when you settle down( at level capped, have all of your skill, TF,...). However PVP and PVE build are totally different ( in most classes). As the result have separate PVE and PVP skill are pretty much all you need.

I wouldn't call that a skill tree, more like a skill tab. I was certain Bunny meant something different considering the date...

• RukiaRukia Member, Player Moderators

I'm not sure then. @Bunny What do you mean?

• TekniqalTekniqal Member

Just to reiterate on the problem at hand, for a skill with 20 levels, you need to click the minus button 20 times (and non-elite players have the extra hassle of needing to agree to pay for the process). At present, Task Force is the only time where this becomes a real nuisance because of the new passives which makes it necessary to pull points from elsewhere. I think it would be much more convenient to be able to modify skill levels in bulk so 40 player inputs (for non-elite) can be reduced to 2 or 4.

Alternatively, they could add a number input where you can simply enter the new skill level you want to change it to and the game will take the necessary steps to see it done, i.e. check if the skill level is valid and attainable, check if it's an increase or decrease or the same, if it's a decrease ask for payment for the difference in levels.

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators

Skill tree and skill tab are the same depending how you view things. It doesn't need to physically be a tree because if they wanted it could be formatted into that with EX skills being extensions. There's no reason to though. Anyways, I suggested the idea again.